• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all should try some of these free roam events. I just played one where you had to shoot a bunch a targets with arrows throughout Strawberry, while fighting other players off with their own bow and arrows. Super fun.

Also got XP and $7 finishing in second place.

Where are the fences? Same place as single player?

Yesh.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Well. Making money hunting isn't bad.

Clearing out hideouts is fun and nets you a map for treasure.

Got half a gold bar and 125 bucks from one.

Just need levels to go up so I can move to the snowy mountains for good.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like I'll save my two free days for whenever the game's less of a mess.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Shotguns are BY FAR the smallest problem.
It's the instant insane headshot out of all positions, no matter if you are running, even from revolver out of 20 meter which are a problem. Some deaths will cost me my controller, I swear. It's ridiculous how some people just press aim and kill you with a headshot.

That's not the worst bit. Right now it's a ticking clock as players raise levels and cash to grind out upgrades, because there's a good chance once peeps get upgraded guns/ammo it's going to go from who can aim in a headshot faster to who can 1 hit kill body shot with any weapon using auto aim.

Oct 27, 2017
It's like they were like "Hey lets make a release schedule that's as fuckin' janky as our braindead controls" lmao

Rockstar doesn't want all the people connecting and checking the game out on the same day. A few day window also gives Rockstar some time to arrange more servers based on this gradual demand.

It is 3 days between the highest and lowest priority, not ideal, but better this than the crashing servers for everyone.

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
Turned out alright, but seriously - what a terrible character creator.

IMG-20181129-014408.jpg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Finally found a good controller setting/position where the game won't kick me out because of inactivity. Working for an hour now.
If the server doesn't disconnect then I've got a few gold bars waiting for me tomorrow morning. :D

eadRatA.jpg

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy to me that R* never released a trailer for this at all. I'm about to get home and hop on

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
I played for a few hours today and I'm not sure how much more this will hold my attention

It's really cool and I love the fact that all the players in your group are in cutscenes together. I also like how the group can vote on decisions together and change the outcome of the mission. But with only 7 missions it feels lacking. Running around in horse looking for random events to occur sounds like it'll get old fast.

I might go back to it here and there, but it isn't grabbing me the way I was hoping for. Especially after already spending do many hours running around in horse back in single player

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Black hair and beard options are expectedly trash. Hope they beef up the character creation/customization when it gets out of beta.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Feels like a second-rate cowboy MMO, honestly. I like they borrowed the group moral choice thing from Star Wars: The Old Republic. I don't like that RDR2's already-laggy controls are now slowed by a network as well. The game feels very sluggish.

The story scenes are several tiers below the main game's. I didn't skip anything in story mode, but after the first few I began skipping everything I could. Very dull.

I'm not quite sure what the appeal here is. I kinda like the coop missions, but there aren't enough of them, and it's kind of a pain to travel around to them—especially when the game takes away my main horse after every mission and replaces it with the damned scrawny nag.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who put a ton of hours into GTA Online the cash grind in this is terrible. I'm gonna have to put hours into this just to get a haircut and new clothes.

Just did a caravan job that paid out 4 damn dollars. Luckily no players griefed me during it as I would have been pissed to go through that and then get a measly 4 bucks for it.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feels like a second-rate cowboy MMO, honestly. I like they borrowed the group moral choice thing from Star Wars: The Old Republic. I don't like that RDR2's already-laggy controls are now slowed by a network as well. The game feels very sluggish.

The story scenes are several tiers below the main game's. I didn't skip anything in story mode, but after the first few I began skipping everything I could. Very dull.

I'm not quite sure what the appeal here is. I kinda like the coop missions, but there aren't enough of them, and it's kind of a pain to travel around to them—especially when the game takes away my main horse after every mission and replaces it with the damned scrawny nag.
Is there another Wild West MMO out there?

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I hate the microtransactions just like everyone else, but I think people are forgetting that this is clearly labeled as a BETA. It's gonna take a bit. If it weren't attached to a masterpiece single player mode I'd be pissed tho.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Lame you get stuck with the horse you steal. I stole the black one, someone started firing towards me indicating they wanted it, got their horse killed on purpose, and got to the black horse first on restart.

A failed screen for "One of the horses was killed." is weird enough for online but I also don't want this blonde ass horse

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Stuck in the Grizzlies Outlaw outfit. Can swap to my custom outfit to get rid of the overheating but it still shows me in the Grizzlies outfit.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand why people are unable to read basic mission instructions in games. You would think they would get the clue after the Failed Mission screen tells them what they did wrong, but instead they keep blaming the game or other players and yell into the microphone like a madman and eventually rage quit...

Anyways, had a fun RDO session. It's pretty cool, aside from the horrendous economy. Hope they improve it.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if my character is really glitched because it seems that some menus are saying that I own items and that I don't own them at the same time, so I can't select them.

Also, if I pause the game, then go in player and look at my stats, there is a place that says that my character was created on 00/0/0. WTF?

I hope I don't have to delete my character and recreate it to fix all that.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I played until rank 11. Just too boring for me, nothing to really do but these really bland missions and I hate my shitty horse. The grind feels like misery incarnate, aka Korean MMO. If they actually reset the stats, I would be frustrated beyond belief. No one would want to go through all this shit again. At least the single player story was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.