Red Dead Online Beta |OT| 3:10 to Launch

Apr 19, 2018
So is there any word on them adding a bunch of new content to this? Economy and leveling aside, the little there is to do in this starting to wear on me the most.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
That's right, pick up the carcass and stow it on your steed after skinning it. You could also lasso the unskinned animal and drag it to the butcher, then skin it after you've sold some stuff. All of that dragging doesn't effect quality. Skinned carcasses can't be lassoed as of a few days ago.

The three star baby alligators are a good payout, far more efficient vs the bigguns since the skins can be stowed like you would deer hides, draped on the back of your horse

It looks like they haven't nerfed the exotic birds north of Saint Denis, thankfully. They have smaller carcasses so you can hang them on the side of your horse, like bunnies.
I hadn't thought of dragging carcasses, that's awesome. So you can bring in two big kills that way. The other day I had 3 pelts, a big elk pelt, 2 birds, and a rabbit, and with all the skins, antlers, some of the meat, and the bird/rabbit carcasses I came away with nearly $50. I don't even have the varmint rifle yet so the birds and rabbit dropped to 2 stars when I killed them.

Needless to say the ride back into town with all that was nerve wracking, even though I was checking the map every now and then to ensure no other players were near me.

Nov 17, 2017
Lowering XP and raising dollars is still within their plan to get rich because what it does is it now takes longer to get to the level you want, money or not, so you're more likely to rely on gold bars.

Evil masterminds.

Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Was this supposed to be in effect already? (the reduced catalog prices and stuff?) Because it doesn't seem like it is for me...
Yeah, I don't notice anything on my end. My stranger missions are still broke as well. It says I'm on a one (can't fast travel) but no way to complete the mission.

Nov 3, 2017
Holy shit at that free money. Amazing for me who hasn't really bought anything yet. Are each of the gold bars worth the same $500 as they are in story mode or less online?

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit at that free money. Amazing for me who hasn't really bought anything yet. Are each of the gold bars worth the same $500 as they are in story mode or less online?
Gold bars are the MT currency and we don't really know the exact worth right now because you can't actually buy them yet. Only earn ingame, so no pricing info currently.

Oct 26, 2017
$30 for 2nd place in 32p Most Wanted in Tall Trees + 540XP for the match and somewhere around 230 for all the kills I got. Hella digging this update.

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Can you still force an empty lobby with stranger missions?
I have no idea. Normally I'd say Rockstar would probably be quick to change this (They seem eager to force everyone to play with randoms even though there's no real reason to force people to play with people they don't want to play with. If they really want the right way to encourage people to play with others, make it fun to play with others so people actually want to be with other people. Don't make it catered towards people who like to make other people miserable and then force everyone to be in with them... oh wait, one way makes a lot more money). But, the bug can only be exploited a limited amount of times (you only get one cutscene per stranger and then they are named and don't give you cut scenes anymore) so it's not like people won't eventually be forced in a multi-session.

Oct 25, 2017
US, California
Started up the online portion the other day. First part that required me to group up had me playing with 2 or maybe 3 other randoms to grab some horses. Pretty sure while we were riding to the location, one of these players just started shooting at me. I don't recall if I actually took damage or not but we proceeded to push on. In these quests where you're forced to group up, is friendly fire a thing and something I need to watch out for?

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got me a new repeater. Lancaster. Good change of pace from the bolt-action.

Alls I need now is a Rolling Block and I got all of my weapon types covered.

Apr 19, 2018
Of course Rockstar is tweaking the economy.

This the beta, they will work the kinks out. Have a tiny bit of faith, fellas.
As I mentioned before - my concern is the lack of things to do, not the economy. I figured the economy would be tweaked given the outrage. There doesn't seem to be as much of an outcry on the lack of shit to do, though.

If you have the companion app installed, you can check out the prices of the guns in the online catalog. Slow day at work, so I'll list 'em here:

I only remember the old prices for a few of them, so please forgive me that I don't have all the old prices.

Mauser Pistol = $600 (was $1000 IIRC)
Semi-Auto Shotgun = $540
Carcano Rifle = $456
Semi-Auto Pistol = $537
Rolling Rock Rifle = $411
Repeating Shotgun = $434
Volcanic Pistol = $270
Litchfield Repeater = $348
Pump Action Shotgun = $266 (was $444)
Lancaster Repeater = $243
Bolt-Action Rifle = $216 (was ~$380)
Schofield Revolver = $192
Double-Barreled Shotgun = $185
Springfield Rifle = $156
Double Action Revolver = $127
Sawed-Off Shotgun = $111
Bow = $124 (Pretty sure this didn't change at all)
Cattleman Revolver = $50
Varmint Rifle = ??? (was $76, but I own it so can't see the price)

Apr 19, 2018
If you have the companion app installed, you can check out the prices of the guns in the online catalog. Slow day at work, so I'll list 'em here:

I only remember the old prices for a few of them, so please forgive me that I don't have all the old prices.

Mauser Pistol = $600 (was $1000 IIRC)
Semi-Auto Shotgun = $540
Carcano Rifle = $456
Semi-Auto Pistol = $537
Rolling Rock Rifle = $411
Repeating Shotgun = $434
Volcanic Pistol = $270
Litchfield Repeater = $348
Pump Action Shotgun = $266 (was $444)
Lancaster Repeater = $243
Bolt-Action Rifle = $216 (was ~$380)
Schofield Revolver = $192
Double-Barreled Shotgun = $185
Springfield Rifle = $156
Double Action Revolver = $127
Sawed-Off Shotgun = $111
Bow = $124 (Pretty sure this didn't change at all)
Cattleman Revolver = $50
Varmint Rifle = ??? (was $76, but I own it so can't see the price)
Wow, if the refunds actually go out for the price difference (as per the patch notes), I should have some serious money coming in.

Oct 29, 2017
So what is there to do exactly? It seems like the core gameplay loop is either chasing stats that seem rather meaningless, or griefing other players.

Do the missions ever go into full on heist territory?

Apr 19, 2018
So what is there to do exactly? It seems like the core gameplay loop is either chasing stats that seem rather meaningless, or griefing other players.

Do the missions ever go into full on heist territory?
Therein lies the biggest current issue. They can fix the economy, but if they don't start adding shit to do in the game, I don't know how it's going to survive. There are only so many mail bags and carriages I can stand to deliver. At some point, I need something more in depth.

Like how about some queue-able (with others) bounty hunts? Or queue-able bank robberies and the like. There is so much that can be done with this, but so far it is extremely bare bones, to the max.