Red Dead Online Beta |OT| 3:10 to Launch

Apr 19, 2018
So I'm trying to switch from bald to a buzzcut, but the game isn't letting me. It says the price is "owned", but then beneath that, it says I don't own the item. And it won't let me buy it.

Goddamnit the onine is a dumpster fire right now. lol

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm trying to switch from bald to a buzzcut, but the game isn't letting me. It says the price is "owned", but then beneath that, it says I don't own the item. And it won't let me buy it.

Goddamnit the onine is a dumpster fire right now. lol
Some of the hair options are bugged. Stubble facial hair is bugged as well.

Apr 19, 2018
So some dude by me was delivering a target (a dude roped to the back of his horse) on a mission. I killed him, took his target and delivered it for the reward. The whole time he was going ballistic on the mic, while I killed him several more times on the way.

I could not be happier with the way that went. ROFL

Dec 21, 2017
Ugh... this so far is just like GTAO with players running around just shooting each other with no purpose. I don't think the parley system is enough, there should be an option to make yourself immune from the random shootings because it gets old quick.

Toni

Nov 13, 2017
So. As I was taking some pics to share of the cowgirl that I created, some random dude literally jumped on me, shot me and hogtied me to do whatever. I literally jumped out of my seat lol.

Still trying to process what just happened. Feels bad man.

(It has a happy ending at least)

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you give me that look. Messing with others doing quests is literally an intended game mechanic. It even tells you someone is doing certain missions so you can fuck with them. lol

It wasn't like I was griefing.
Get ready to read a long response about how the outlaw quest mission mechanics are eNcOuRaGiNg GrIeFeRs

Dec 4, 2018
I wish one of the fishing lures was available for gold bars.
Oh my word are they no longer available for gold? I certainly feel like a chump for buying the river lure and the lake lure for an ingot apiece in that case. Especially given fish prices in the newly balanced economy.

Ah well, at least I really have fun fishing in this game.

Oct 27, 2017
Man if this had released when I was in my early 20s I'd already be rank 60 now I'm so casual after two or three hours online I get bored and go do something else.

Apr 19, 2018
THey are. You can skip waiting for levels by using gold (guess why most things are level locked). Cost one gold. On ps4 hold the right trigger (may be left) when looking at the item and it will tell you the gold cost to skip the level lock.
Oh wow, you're right. I didn't know you could buy things with gold that didn't have a bar in the picture. Thanks.

Apr 19, 2018
So how do I equip a second pistol after buying the second holster? When I bought the holster, my second pistol didn't show up in the holster, then it randomly did. Now I logged back and the holster is empty again.

How do?

Oct 27, 2017
Did a mission with a $14 payout and 331 XP.

So high rewards are entirely possible, they just extended the range of the possible XP reward so that it happens less often, but it’s possible.

I just wish there was a bit more consistency. So many missions similar in their length but still differ in their rewards. Is this shit just straight up RNG?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, are they saying that people who played today will get money and gold or that people who played before today will get money and gold?

Because we can read the sentence in both ways.
The general consensus is that if you log on and play within the next 30 minutes, you get the reward. It's almost midnight PST.

So how do I equip a second pistol after buying the second holster? When I bought the holster, my second pistol didn't show up in the holster, then it randomly did. Now I logged back and the holster is empty again.

How do?
Have you tried to equip the second pistol/revolver in horse inventory menu? Just push R2/L2 when highlighting the second holster. Oh yea, you get the second volcanic pistol after buying the second holster, check the catalogue, the volcanic gun would be 0$.

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got around to getting through the tutorial and playing for a couple hours online. I could definitely see myself putting some hours into this, but only if they put in a passive mode. I'd like to be able to grind out a character online and do PVE stuff w/ friends, but having to run from assholes who just want to shoot my horse or lasso me is annoying as hell.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I had a good few games the other night. In free roam, a 'post the bag' event appeared, and people scrambled out of Blackwater to get it. There was a lot of murder and it was a clusterfuck, but after the event had finished, everyone stopped fighting. I was pleasantly surprised.

I really haven't seen much random griefing. It's nice.

I'm really enjoying the showdowns, I've only played large showdowns but did they take out the way that showdowns started in RDR1, with everyone facing off across a street? Maybe it's in the smaller showdowns.

I'm loving 'name your weapon' where tomahawks and explosive arrows(!) cause chaos. Nothing more galling than trying to tomahawk someone through a doorframe only for your tomahawk to clunk off the top of the doorframe in front of you. Woops.

Jan 7, 2018
Got rewards for playing RDO. Didn't log in today or yesterday. So, I figured, they've ment that one had to play anytime from launch till today.

Oct 27, 2017
I had a good few games the other night. In free roam, a 'post the bag' event appeared, and people scrambled out of Blackwater to get it. There was a lot of murder and it was a clusterfuck, but after the event had finished, everyone stopped fighting. I was pleasantly surprised.

I really haven't seen much random griefing. It's nice.

I'm really enjoying the showdowns, I've only played large showdowns but did they take out the way that showdowns started in RDR1, with everyone facing off across a street? Maybe it's in the smaller showdowns.

I'm loving 'name your weapon' where tomahawks and explosive arrows(!) cause chaos. Nothing more galling than trying to tomahawk someone through a doorframe only for your tomahawk to clunk off the top of the doorframe in front of you. Woops.
Stand offs no longer take place at the beginning of the match. Why they would do such a thing boggles the mind because it was one of the best parts of PVP.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Stand offs no longer take place at the beginning of the match. Why they would do such a thing boggles the mind because it was one of the best parts of PVP.
Thanks for clarifying - that is baffling. Easily one of the best parts of RDR1. Hopefully it'll make a return.

Baffles me how multiplayer shooters have great opportunities to do unique things within their world and choose not to. This is one of those things!

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change the cost of improving kill cards? 500$ for rank 2 is a bit expensive.
I'm pretty sure it used to be $50. Leave it to R* to say they fixed something only to screw up something else in the process.

As much as I love RDR2, R* is a predatory company and one of the worst in the industry when it comes to respecting it's playerbase. They don't give two shits, as long as they get money out of you.

PS9

Oct 28, 2017
What are the standard outfits? I hit rank 14 and it said one of the unlocks is standard outfit 4, what does this mean? Can't see anything at the tailor, is it just extra outfit slots?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure it used to be $50. Leave it to R* to say they fixed something only to screw up something else in the process.
lol it used to be $50
Hu? Never saw the upgrade to rank 2 at 50$ and I'm playing since the 27th. The 50$ was to unlock the skill, not to upgrade it.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. The 500$ upgrade price I talked about was before the change, I didn't watch since the change.

Oct 28, 2017
Even with a slightly less terrible economy, Red Dead Online isn't fun to play. The deathmatch shit is terrible, the free roam missions are terrible, and the races are terrible.

Oct 30, 2017
Probably a lot of people already know that but if it can help anyone... I found this only yesterday. There is a Wardrobe you can use to change your outfit in the General Store in Rhodes and Valentine (so I assume in all general stores). Makes it easier to change outfits.

Probably a lot of people already know that but if it can help anyone... I found this only yesterday. There is a Wardrobe you can use to change your outfit in the General Store in Rhodes and Valentine (so I assume in all general stores). Makes it easier to change outfits.
Yeah, its the same as offline iirc

Only places with a tailor require you to go there to do it

Apr 19, 2018
I hate to be that guy, but I feel like getting all that gold from R* was a double edged sword for me. I now have bought everything I was working for, and have nothing to work towards anymore. lol

There seriously needs to be some kind of money sink like player housing or something.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
Have you tried to equip the second pistol/revolver in horse inventory menu? Just push R2/L2 when highlighting the second holster. Oh yea, you get the second volcanic pistol after buying the second holster, check the catalogue, the volcanic gun would be 0$.
Hopping on my horse fixed it, thanks. I didn't even have to go into the menu. lol