• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they change the cost of improving kill cards? 500$ for rank 2 is a bit expensive.

I'm pretty sure it used to be $50. Leave it to R* to say they fixed something only to screw up something else in the process.

As much as I love RDR2, R* is a predatory company and one of the worst in the industry when it comes to respecting it's playerbase. They don't give two shits, as long as they get money out of you.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What are the standard outfits? I hit rank 14 and it said one of the unlocks is standard outfit 4, what does this mean? Can't see anything at the tailor, is it just extra outfit slots?

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure it used to be $50. Leave it to R* to say they fixed something only to screw up something else in the process.
lol it used to be $50
Hu? Never saw the upgrade to rank 2 at 50$ and I'm playing since the 27th. The 50$ was to unlock the skill, not to upgrade it.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. The 500$ upgrade price I talked about was before the change, I didn't watch since the change.

Oct 28, 2017
Even with a slightly less terrible economy, Red Dead Online isn't fun to play. The deathmatch shit is terrible, the free roam missions are terrible, and the races are terrible.

Oct 30, 2017
Probably a lot of people already know that but if it can help anyone... I found this only yesterday. There is a Wardrobe you can use to change your outfit in the General Store in Rhodes and Valentine (so I assume in all general stores). Makes it easier to change outfits.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a lot of people already know that but if it can help anyone... I found this only yesterday. There is a Wardrobe you can use to change your outfit in the General Store in Rhodes and Valentine (so I assume in all general stores). Makes it easier to change outfits.
Yeah, its the same as offline iirc

Only places with a tailor require you to go there to do it

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I hate to be that guy, but I feel like getting all that gold from R* was a double edged sword for me. I now have bought everything I was working for, and have nothing to work towards anymore. lol

There seriously needs to be some kind of money sink like player housing or something.

Last edited:

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Have you tried to equip the second pistol/revolver in horse inventory menu? Just push R2/L2 when highlighting the second holster. Oh yea, you get the second volcanic pistol after buying the second holster, check the catalogue, the volcanic gun would be 0$.
Hopping on my horse fixed it, thanks. I didn't even have to go into the menu. lol

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Was the 3 star buck corpse worth 10$ before the economy change? I don't remmeber.

A 3 Star buck is still worn 10:).

It's about 7 $ if i'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure they only nerfed the fishes price, going from 4$ to 2,5$.

You are confusing a 3 Star deer for a buck. Bucks are worth more. I think even a poor buck is worth 10 ( edit: i meant 4).

Also, a good change with the fishing is the large fish (or at least pike)are worth 8 dollars. So now they are exciting to get instead of a chore (before they were worth less than salmon/trout, took a long time to reel in, and took up the back of your horse where a more valuable carcass could go). I'm glad that the salmon/trout weren't nerfed so much they aren't viable though (well until the game goes the way of gta with introducing more expensive items but also more lucrative ways of making money eventually leaving the old ways as absolutely pointless).

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I read that Rockstar is already inflating the economy by gifting players $250 and 15 gold bars. It's as if they learned nothing from five years of ridiculous inflation in GTA Online. It's bizarre but if you're creating an open world online game with an economy behind it, you need to hire a 1st year Freshman Economics major to help avoid ruining your online world.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
As much as I love RDR2, R* is a predatory company and one of the worst in the industry when it comes to respecting it's playerbase. They don't give two shits, as long as they get money out of you.

Heh, this is pretty much how I feel exactly. I love their games, them and Bethesda make the best open world games imo and open world games are what I love best, but rockstar really is up there with the worst (at least with their multiplayer)when it comes to exploiting players and focusing design on how best to wring money out of you regardless of if it makes a worse game. It's frustrating cause everything that annoys me about their mp games is there by design.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue with the invadable-missions is the game doesn't flag up they're invadable until you're ON THE MISSION at which point you start to panic.

If when you approach a mission it says "SAFE" or "RISKY" or something on it, to denote whether others can attack, it would be fine. But there's no way of knowing until you start the mission. (Unless ALL stranger ones are like this, which I don't think is the case?)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think the issue with the invadable-missions is the game doesn't flag up they're invadable until you're ON THE MISSION at which point you start to panic.

If when you approach a mission it says "SAFE" or "RISKY" or something on it, to denote whether others can attack, it would be fine. But there's no way of knowing until you start the mission. (Unless ALL stranger ones are like this, which I don't think is the case?)

Most are, save for like the hunting ones. You should just assume you can can attacked on all missions regardless because you can. Even during a safe mission you can still technically be attacked if someone felt like it. Someone attacked me last night during one such hunting mission.

Basically, watch your map. If no one is around, you're probably safe. If people are around, keep your guard up. Simple.

Most of the time however, people don't care if you're doing a mission. Least in my experience. Unless I'm in the session. Then I will care. And I will ruin things for you because I can't fight my own nature.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Weird I still haven't gotten the free.money yet
I think they're doing it in waves. Friend of mine got it yesterday while we were actively playing and he played the game on launch. Maybe its similar in roll out to how the beta was too.

Got another private lobby last night which was awesome. I can't wait for them to actually implement this ;-;

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're doing it in waves. Friend of mine got it yesterday while we were actively playing and he played the game on launch. Maybe its similar in roll out to how the beta was too.

Got another private lobby last night which was awesome. I can't wait for them to actually implement this ;-;

If it's like GTA Online, private lobbies will be gutted of most content and the best ways to make money. Glitching the game to give you a public solo lobby is the best case scenario for us.

Unfortunately the NAT test trick doesn't work in RDR2 like it does in GTA Online (xbox).

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but has anyone else noticed and extreme abundance of Chinese players recently? The last couple days Chinese is almost all I'm hearing on the mic.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Is there really a new patch to download or Rockstar Games only updated their tunables?

Because I don't see any new download on my PS4.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Is there really a new patch to download or Rockstar Games only updated their tunables?

Because I don't see any new download on my PS4.
I think they just rolled it out over their own servers. The prices for stuff in game have already changed and the money can just pop right into your account as you're playing.

Although, hopefully they launch a patch for the disconnects like they say. Maybe not though?

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
lol Some guy was delivering a carriage for a mission - I casually rode by, tossed in some TNT blowing up his cart, and getting the reward.

Feels good man.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
lol Some guy was delivering a carriage for a mission - I casually rode by, tossed in some TNT blowing up his cart, and getting the reward.

Feels good man.
FyFwKGq.gif

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So once you get the lure, it really changes the fishing game. If you're in the right spot, it seems only valuable fish will bite, and not the trash. I made $50 in the time it likely would have taken me to make $10-12 doing missions - So it seems to still be by far the best money maker.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So once you get the lure, it really changes the fishing game. If you're in the right spot, it seems only valuable fish will bite, and not the trash. I made $50 in the time it likely would have taken me to make $10-12 doing missions - So it seems to still be by far the best money maker.
Aye even with the nerf its profitable. Only lvl 21 atm, so need to be 30 for the lure for cash, dont wanna waste a gold bar :P

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I got DC'd and now I can't get into the online anymore without the game completely crashing. lol

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Man I got all excited when I reeled in a 15lbs sturgeon, only to find that you can only carry one at a time. It has to be loaded into the horse like a buck. lol

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been discussed, but how's the performance for everyone?

I only just started Online last night. The intro and missions were fine, but then when I got to my camp, the frame rate went to shit. Specific modes seem fine, but the frame rate in free mode is so bad and uneven that I get almost an instant headache. My friend who's on PS4 Pro said that it isn't perfect, but not as bad as mine (I streamed to show them how bad it was). Stuttering galore.

Status
Not open for further replies.