• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
One guy finished replaying the final "good" mission. He got $21, 300XP for around 10 minutes of playtime, including cutscenes. Also digging this upgrade, up from $4 or whatever it was before.

tldr: they nerfed two types of fishes, buffed everything else.
What is the other fish outside salmon?

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Great post, lots of helpful tips and even some stuff I wasn't yet aware of. I struggled not to laugh hard in the quiet office as I read the part I marked.

The hitching tip is great. I only just recently discovered both the joy and payoff of hunting. I had heard it payed decent money, I just didn't think it would be fun to do online but I was wrong. I think it might be even more fun online because well, first of all the game is fun as hell, but also because of the added tension of other players in the world. I've even hunted along side other people while not being in the same posse. I wanted to try fishing as I heard there is good money to be made there but I was surprised to see the fishing rod's level requirements. I think I'm 14 now.

So I should skin a perfect kill, and then pick up the skinned carcass or should I just sell the carcass without skinning?
That's right, pick up the carcass and stow it on your steed after skinning it. You could also lasso the unskinned animal and drag it to the butcher, then skin it after you've sold some stuff. All of that dragging doesn't effect quality. Skinned carcasses can't be lassoed as of a few days ago.

The three star baby alligators are a good payout, far more efficient vs the bigguns since the skins can be stowed like you would deer hides, draped on the back of your horse

It looks like they haven't nerfed the exotic birds north of Saint Denis, thankfully. They have smaller carcasses so you can hang them on the side of your horse, like bunnies.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So how much money is the average job giving now? I hope it's substantially more than before.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So is there any word on them adding a bunch of new content to this? Economy and leveling aside, the little there is to do in this starting to wear on me the most.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
That's right, pick up the carcass and stow it on your steed after skinning it. You could also lasso the unskinned animal and drag it to the butcher, then skin it after you've sold some stuff. All of that dragging doesn't effect quality. Skinned carcasses can't be lassoed as of a few days ago.

The three star baby alligators are a good payout, far more efficient vs the bigguns since the skins can be stowed like you would deer hides, draped on the back of your horse

It looks like they haven't nerfed the exotic birds north of Saint Denis, thankfully. They have smaller carcasses so you can hang them on the side of your horse, like bunnies.
I hadn't thought of dragging carcasses, that's awesome. So you can bring in two big kills that way. The other day I had 3 pelts, a big elk pelt, 2 birds, and a rabbit, and with all the skins, antlers, some of the meat, and the bird/rabbit carcasses I came away with nearly $50. I don't even have the varmint rifle yet so the birds and rabbit dropped to 2 stars when I killed them.

Needless to say the ride back into town with all that was nerve wracking, even though I was checking the map every now and then to ensure no other players were near me.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Was this supposed to be in effect already? (the reduced catalog prices and stuff?) Because it doesn't seem like it is for me...

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Lowering XP and raising dollars is still within their plan to get rich because what it does is it now takes longer to get to the level you want, money or not, so you're more likely to rely on gold bars.

Evil masterminds.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Holy shit at that free money. Amazing for me who hasn't really bought anything yet. Are each of the gold bars worth the same $500 as they are in story mode or less online?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit at that free money. Amazing for me who hasn't really bought anything yet. Are each of the gold bars worth the same $500 as they are in story mode or less online?
Gold bars are the MT currency and we don't really know the exact worth right now because you can't actually buy them yet. Only earn ingame, so no pricing info currently.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
$30 for 2nd place in 32p Most Wanted in Tall Trees + 540XP for the match and somewhere around 230 for all the kills I got. Hella digging this update.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So are the changes already implemented or not?

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Can you still force an empty lobby with stranger missions?

I have no idea. Normally I'd say Rockstar would probably be quick to change this (They seem eager to force everyone to play with randoms even though there's no real reason to force people to play with people they don't want to play with. If they really want the right way to encourage people to play with others, make it fun to play with others so people actually want to be with other people. Don't make it catered towards people who like to make other people miserable and then force everyone to be in with them... oh wait, one way makes a lot more money). But, the bug can only be exploited a limited amount of times (you only get one cutscene per stranger and then they are named and don't give you cut scenes anymore) so it's not like people won't eventually be forced in a multi-session.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Started up the online portion the other day. First part that required me to group up had me playing with 2 or maybe 3 other randoms to grab some horses. Pretty sure while we were riding to the location, one of these players just started shooting at me. I don't recall if I actually took damage or not but we proceeded to push on. In these quests where you're forced to group up, is friendly fire a thing and something I need to watch out for?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got me a new repeater. Lancaster. Good change of pace from the bolt-action.

Alls I need now is a Rolling Block and I got all of my weapon types covered.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Of course Rockstar is tweaking the economy.

This the beta, they will work the kinks out. Have a tiny bit of faith, fellas.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Of course Rockstar is tweaking the economy.

This the beta, they will work the kinks out. Have a tiny bit of faith, fellas.
As I mentioned before - my concern is the lack of things to do, not the economy. I figured the economy would be tweaked given the outrage. There doesn't seem to be as much of an outcry on the lack of shit to do, though.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Played a 32 man game where we lost and got 3$. So no for me it isn't working, play another one now and report back.

Nope, can't confirm it.
Big team battle 3 teams king of the hill, we won, I was even the best of my team.
17$.

So no, same old shit.

8XOzv87.png

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
This may be the first time I've seen where some people seem have the patch changes and others, not.

Status
Not open for further replies.