• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time to clock in!

5jNJFzs.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
If you have the companion app installed, you can check out the prices of the guns in the online catalog. Slow day at work, so I'll list 'em here:

I only remember the old prices for a few of them, so please forgive me that I don't have all the old prices.

Mauser Pistol = $600 (was $1000 IIRC)
Semi-Auto Shotgun = $540
Carcano Rifle = $456
Semi-Auto Pistol = $537
Rolling Rock Rifle = $411
Repeating Shotgun = $434
Volcanic Pistol = $270
Litchfield Repeater = $348
Pump Action Shotgun = $266 (was $444)
Lancaster Repeater = $243
Bolt-Action Rifle = $216 (was ~$380)
Schofield Revolver = $192
Double-Barreled Shotgun = $185
Springfield Rifle = $156
Double Action Revolver = $127
Sawed-Off Shotgun = $111
Bow = $124 (Pretty sure this didn't change at all)
Cattleman Revolver = $50
Varmint Rifle = ??? (was $76, but I own it so can't see the price)

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
If you have the companion app installed, you can check out the prices of the guns in the online catalog. Slow day at work, so I'll list 'em here:

I only remember the old prices for a few of them, so please forgive me that I don't have all the old prices.

Mauser Pistol = $600 (was $1000 IIRC)
Semi-Auto Shotgun = $540
Carcano Rifle = $456
Semi-Auto Pistol = $537
Rolling Rock Rifle = $411
Repeating Shotgun = $434
Volcanic Pistol = $270
Litchfield Repeater = $348
Pump Action Shotgun = $266 (was $444)
Lancaster Repeater = $243
Bolt-Action Rifle = $216 (was ~$380)
Schofield Revolver = $192
Double-Barreled Shotgun = $185
Springfield Rifle = $156
Double Action Revolver = $127
Sawed-Off Shotgun = $111
Bow = $124 (Pretty sure this didn't change at all)
Cattleman Revolver = $50
Varmint Rifle = ??? (was $76, but I own it so can't see the price)
Wow, if the refunds actually go out for the price difference (as per the patch notes), I should have some serious money coming in.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So what is there to do exactly? It seems like the core gameplay loop is either chasing stats that seem rather meaningless, or griefing other players.

Do the missions ever go into full on heist territory?

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Different servers maybe? I'm actually not sure if I got the changes. The only thing that seems different for me are the gun prices. The rest appears to be the same.
Have you run a mission/job yet? I can't imagine different servers making a difference. If the game is patched, it should be patched.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
People who don't have changes, did you resume from suspended state or start the game fresh?

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So what is there to do exactly? It seems like the core gameplay loop is either chasing stats that seem rather meaningless, or griefing other players.

Do the missions ever go into full on heist territory?
Therein lies the biggest current issue. They can fix the economy, but if they don't start adding shit to do in the game, I don't know how it's going to survive. There are only so many mail bags and carriages I can stand to deliver. At some point, I need something more in depth.

Like how about some queue-able (with others) bounty hunts? Or queue-able bank robberies and the like. There is so much that can be done with this, but so far it is extremely bare bones, to the max.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
They're a separate currency, you get gold bars and dollars.
Gold bars are the MT currency and we don't really know the exact worth right now because you can't actually buy them yet. Only earn ingame, so no pricing info currently.
Omg I'm an idiot. I totally forgot that they were separate currency things. I guess because I haven't even gotten a full gold bar yet lol

Can anyone confirm prices for pelts/fish?
I think the salmon were a nice $4.50 or so each right? And Perfect Pig Carcass was like $5.

If they've changed, what seems to be the best thing to go after then?

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So has anyone gotten their money/bars yet?

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I don't see a lot of people online playing the Stranger missions on the map. I want to ruin someones day gdi!

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if anybody mentioned this, but horse insurance is $125 now. I don't even have the option to spend gold on it anymore.

Gold payouts have been upgraded, for PVP at least. Was sitting at 1.92 gold, played Showdown Large for like.. an hour and a half or so, was sitting at 2.46. Decent rate for getting those minor things that cost 1 or 2 gold.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Not sure if anybody mentioned this, but horse insurance is $125 now. I don't even have the option to spend gold on it anymore.

Gold payouts have been upgraded, for PVP at least. Was sitting at 1.92 gold, played Showdown Large for like.. an hour and a half or so, was sitting at 2.46. Decent rate for getting those minor things that cost 1 or 2 gold.
Eh I don't care about that. The horses die so easily and often, I just keep using the free one.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Honestly, my horse has died only once so far, but I still figured I'd get the insurance for it.
My horse is always either smashing into rocks and trees, or falling off cliffs, or getting shot dead by other players. My horses lead a tough existence. lol

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
PVP now rewards 8 nuggets per large map completion and I was getting between 6-15 dollars depending on how I did. Old payout was like 8 dollars for doing well in most wanted I got 4th and got 15 bucks.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Now that people have had more time with this...is it still the waste land of MTX garbage that people thought it was when it first went live? Or is the grind not genuinely unbearable for something simple like "horse insurance"?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Now that people have had more time with this...is it still the waste land of MTX garbage that people thought it was when it first went live? Or is the grind not genuinely unbearable for something simple like "horse insurance"?
Yeah it's still grindy and there still isn't much to do

It's basically a reskinned GTAO, it'll get better when robberies etc get added

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017

You get 8 gold nuggets per pvp match now I got a gold bar in like 12 games plus quite a bit of cash. It's still gonna take you a bit to grind out but 12 games isn't bad for a bar and you might get more nuggets for winning the best I did was 5th place in most wanted.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Yeah it's still grindy and there still isn't much to do

It's basically a reskinned GTAO, it'll get better when robberies etc get added
You get 8 gold nuggets per pvp match now I got a gold bar in like 12 games plus quite a bit of cash. It's still gonna take you a bit to grind out but 12 games isn't bad for a bar and you might get more nuggets for winning the best I did was 5th place in most wanted.

Gotcha. I may hold off for a while longer yet (I still haven't bought the game). I'm sure there will be a sale some months down the road for the digital version plus some cowboy bucks or gold bars as a bundle.

Hopefully by then you can play poker or do something, too.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha. I may hold off for a while longer yet (I still haven't bought the game). I'm sure there will be a sale some months down the road for the digital version plus some cowboy bucks or gold bars as a bundle.

Hopefully by then you can play poker or do something, too.
If you have mates who play it its worth playing

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018

The problem is more the design of the activities I would say. They are currently being exploited by a vast amount of people. Me and my friend couldn't find a single horse race today that didn't have at least 3 people going in circles. And the rest of them throw dynamite on the racers to XP boost. Like Arthur would've said: "What a god damn mess!"

There's also lots of weird balancing and odd designs in place like extreme headshot multipliers, lock-on aiming, instant spawns close to griefers etc. It just doesn't feel like they have reached a good compromise with what was presented in singleplayer. Everything is heavily regulated and the player freedom is not as great because many activities do not work or are not presented at all. Things like catching horses, doing robberies, go for challenges, trade with a trapper etc. I mean, many of those things felt like perfect multiplayer material but they are nowhere to be found. I find it bizarre frankly concidering multiplayer is where you would want to progress further with many hours of dedication. Let us do advanced challenges and bring our animal skins to someone who could make something unique out of it. How hard could that be to implement, like really.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did they add missions? Did a story mission involving robbing the oil company building that I never saw.

Duo VII

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
Did they add missions? Did a story mission involving robbing the oil company building that I never saw.
Once you're done with the first three moral choice mission (the ones where you decide someone's fate at the end), it either unlocks an honorable story strand or a dishonorable story strand. Since you probably started off noble, you did the two missions where you kill the brothers. The vengeful path is the one where you rob the oil company for that one guy.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Once you're done with the first three moral choice mission (the ones where you decide someone's fate at the end), it either unlocks an honorable story strand or a dishonorable story strand. Since you probably started off noble, you did the two missions where you kill the brothers. The vengeful path is the one where you rob the oil company for that one guy.
Interesting. Had no idea that was a thing.

Also some piece of shit snuck up on me while I was minding my own business, killed me, then murdered my horse and disconnected immediately. What an asshole.

AngelL0ls

Oct 28, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
Finally with my limited time I managed to collect all the trophies for the single player portion of the game and I'm now ready to jump into the online portion. I've only managed to have a quick, cursory glance at the character creator and had a quick mess around and it seems pretty average with choices.

I didn't have much time to play around with it before I had to go to work but it felt weird fiddling around and having my female character look like an 80 year old woman stuck in a 23 year old body. Has anyone found a way to "finesse" the character creator and make something nice looking? Any tips or tricks? Base appearance template? Cheers

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Where did you see that and what are the consequences?
I didn't AFK btw...

The consequences are, if you're in an BR match and you're eliminated early, don't put the controller away because you think you can watch the spectator mode now. It will kick you out if you don't use the controller for a few minutes, even in the forced spectator mode that you need to watch to collect XP and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.