• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The consequences are, if you're in an BR match and you're eliminated early, don't put the controller away because you think you can watch the spectator mode now. It will kick you out if you don't use the controller for a few minutes, even in the forced spectator mode that you need to watch to collect XP and money.
Yeah, seems to just kick you when in spectator mode.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The wording for the free gold is confusing me. Can you still get itf you haven'tloggrd in yet? If so what's the deadline?

AngelL0ls

Oct 28, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
From what I understood from it, if you've played the online portion AT ALL since launch you will be eligible for the freebie. They're saying if you haven't had the chance just make sure you log in before midnight PST and you should be okay.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So far it seems like the money earned from missions hasn't been increased much. I'm only getting like $5/mission. It's still nowhere close to where it needs to be.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
From what I understood from it, if you've played the online portion AT ALL since launch you will be eligible for the freebie. They're saying if you haven't had the chance just make sure you log in before midnight PST and you should be okay.

so if someone doesn't play beta then they won't be able to get those free bonuses?

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So I'm trying to switch from bald to a buzzcut, but the game isn't letting me. It says the price is "owned", but then beneath that, it says I don't own the item. And it won't let me buy it.

Goddamnit the onine is a dumpster fire right now. lol

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm trying to switch from bald to a buzzcut, but the game isn't letting me. It says the price is "owned", but then beneath that, it says I don't own the item. And it won't let me buy it.

Goddamnit the onine is a dumpster fire right now. lol

Some of the hair options are bugged. Stubble facial hair is bugged as well.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So some dude by me was delivering a target (a dude roped to the back of his horse) on a mission. I killed him, took his target and delivered it for the reward. The whole time he was going ballistic on the mic, while I killed him several more times on the way.

I could not be happier with the way that went. ROFL

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Ugh... this so far is just like GTAO with players running around just shooting each other with no purpose. I don't think the parley system is enough, there should be an option to make yourself immune from the random shootings because it gets old quick.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So some dude by me was delivering a target (a dude roped to the back of his horse) on a mission. I killed him, took his target and delivered it for the reward. The whole time he was going ballistic on the mic, while I killed him several more times on the way.

I could not be happier with the way that went. ROFL
giphy.gif

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
So. As I was taking some pics to share of the cowgirl that I created, some random dude literally jumped on me, shot me and hogtied me to do whatever. I literally jumped out of my seat lol.

Still trying to process what just happened. Feels bad man.

(It has a happy ending at least)

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you give me that look. Messing with others doing quests is literally an intended game mechanic. It even tells you someone is doing certain missions so you can fuck with them. lol

It wasn't like I was griefing.
Get ready to read a long response about how the outlaw quest mission mechanics are eNcOuRaGiNg GrIeFeRs

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love it if later on someone comes here and complains they were killed before handing in some quest, but without seeing Pizza Kings post

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Whats the deal with the "fade out" people? Just got attacked by one and i couldnt fight back.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I wish one of the fishing lures was available for gold bars.

edit: never mind I was wrong

Last edited:

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
I wish one of the fishing lures was available for gold bars.
Oh my word are they no longer available for gold? I certainly feel like a chump for buying the river lure and the lake lure for an ingot apiece in that case. Especially given fish prices in the newly balanced economy.

Ah well, at least I really have fun fishing in this game.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Man if this had released when I was in my early 20s I'd already be rank 60 now I'm so casual after two or three hours online I get bored and go do something else.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
THey are. You can skip waiting for levels by using gold (guess why most things are level locked). Cost one gold. On ps4 hold the right trigger (may be left) when looking at the item and it will tell you the gold cost to skip the level lock.
Oh wow, you're right. I didn't know you could buy things with gold that didn't have a bar in the picture. Thanks.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So how do I equip a second pistol after buying the second holster? When I bought the holster, my second pistol didn't show up in the holster, then it randomly did. Now I logged back and the holster is empty again.

How do?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did a mission with a $14 payout and 331 XP.

So high rewards are entirely possible, they just extended the range of the possible XP reward so that it happens less often, but it's possible.

I just wish there was a bit more consistency. So many missions similar in their length but still differ in their rewards. Is this shit just straight up RNG?

Last edited:
So how do I equip a second pistol after buying the second holster? When I bought the holster, my second pistol didn't show up in the holster, then it randomly did. Now I logged back and the holster is empty again.

How do?

Have you tried to equip the second pistol/revolver in horse inventory menu? Just push R2/L2 when highlighting the second holster. Oh yea, you get the second volcanic pistol after buying the second holster, check the catalogue, the volcanic gun would be 0$.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got around to getting through the tutorial and playing for a couple hours online. I could definitely see myself putting some hours into this, but only if they put in a passive mode. I'd like to be able to grind out a character online and do PVE stuff w/ friends, but having to run from assholes who just want to shoot my horse or lasso me is annoying as hell.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had a good few games the other night. In free roam, a 'post the bag' event appeared, and people scrambled out of Blackwater to get it. There was a lot of murder and it was a clusterfuck, but after the event had finished, everyone stopped fighting. I was pleasantly surprised.

I really haven't seen much random griefing. It's nice.

I'm really enjoying the showdowns, I've only played large showdowns but did they take out the way that showdowns started in RDR1, with everyone facing off across a street? Maybe it's in the smaller showdowns.

I'm loving 'name your weapon' where tomahawks and explosive arrows(!) cause chaos. Nothing more galling than trying to tomahawk someone through a doorframe only for your tomahawk to clunk off the top of the doorframe in front of you. Woops.

Shini42

Jan 7, 2018
Got rewards for playing RDO. Didn't log in today or yesterday. So, I figured, they've ment that one had to play anytime from launch till today.
EvnWuY3.jpg

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had a good few games the other night. In free roam, a 'post the bag' event appeared, and people scrambled out of Blackwater to get it. There was a lot of murder and it was a clusterfuck, but after the event had finished, everyone stopped fighting. I was pleasantly surprised.

I really haven't seen much random griefing. It's nice.

I'm really enjoying the showdowns, I've only played large showdowns but did they take out the way that showdowns started in RDR1, with everyone facing off across a street? Maybe it's in the smaller showdowns.

I'm loving 'name your weapon' where tomahawks and explosive arrows(!) cause chaos. Nothing more galling than trying to tomahawk someone through a doorframe only for your tomahawk to clunk off the top of the doorframe in front of you. Woops.

Stand offs no longer take place at the beginning of the match. Why they would do such a thing boggles the mind because it was one of the best parts of PVP.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Did they change the cost of improving skill cards? 500$ for rank 2 is a bit expensive.

Last edited:

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Stand offs no longer take place at the beginning of the match. Why they would do such a thing boggles the mind because it was one of the best parts of PVP.

Thanks for clarifying - that is baffling. Easily one of the best parts of RDR1. Hopefully it'll make a return.

Baffles me how multiplayer shooters have great opportunities to do unique things within their world and choose not to. This is one of those things!

Status
Not open for further replies.