• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Experiencing horrendous lag(High ping?) in the pvp modes over the last couple of days. Literally shooting people in the face with a shotgun and the damage isn't even registering. Of course they immediately turn around and kill me with one shot

Free roam still pretty smooth though

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I honestly think I may be done with this game for a while. R* giving us those gold bars and money really highlighted how little there is to actually do in this currently.

There is little point in doing the same handful of tired missions over and over to rank up because you can still buy whatever you want, whenever you want, with gold. And there isn't any real status in hitting higher levels since you can't tell what level someone is by looking at them or highlighting them.

And there is no real point in grinding for money, because R* basically gave us enough to buy whatever we wanted. I now have more money than I need to spend on anything. There needs to be some kind of large money sink like housing, or epic gun options, or carriages for our horses, etc..

My final recommendations for this game in its current state are as follows:

-Significantly more queue-able content with other players. Give us bounties that we can queue up for in every jail. Give us large scale missions we can queue up for with others that are repeatable (like MMO dungeons if you will). Just more group content instead of solo retrieving wagons and horses.

-Give us some level and morality status. You should be able to tell if someone is high level and if they're good or bad. Give us loot that is ONLY attainable at higher levels. Make it so you can see someone's rank next to their name when highlighting them. If someone is a high level moral player, allow them to become deputised and get to wear the sheriff star on their vest - and something similar for high level evil players.

-There needs to be serious money sinks in this. Player housing, wagons you can pimp out and attach to our horses to carry more stuff, etc..

-Have vendors give quest. For example, have the butcher need you to collect 5 rabbit pelts or fish 10 salmon.

-Some kind of in-world event that happens randomly that players can all join together and help. Like outlaws invading a Valentine and all players near by can help defend and get xp when the scenario is complete.

-Finally, and I've mentioned it before, there needs to be a bounty system where if a player kills another player, and they started it, they get a bounty on their head that stays there until they are downed. And server hopping doesn't make it go away.

I don't know if you were there but remember GTAOnline launch, where you had basically NOTHING to do. And now, it's hoozing of content.
The same thing will happen to Red Dead Online.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I don't know if you were there but remember GTAOnline launch, where you had basically NOTHING to do. And now, it's hoozing of content.
The same thing will happen to Red Dead Online.
I have little doubt that more will be added down the road, but for the time being, I'm finding it hard to justify logging in. And not knowing what is going to be added down the line doesn't help.

Right now, though, I have the gear I want, and more money than I have anything to spend it on - and beyond that, I can't stand doing any more cart deliveries or mail runs. So what is there left to really do?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I wish we could join missions via the menu, like in....Y'know.....That 5 year old game.....I think it's called.....GTA?

Jan 10, 2018
Gave the competitive game modes a second chance today. Died from about 10 headshots within a couple of minutes. Proceeded to delete the game after that as it concluded my feelings on how poorly Rockstar balance their games. And there is no excuse for it anymore, concidering their experience and resources. They can do much better than this.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So if someone murders me out of the blue in the middle of nowhere, my good horse gets stabled and I'm stuck with the shitty scrawny nag until we can limp to a stable somewhere. What a shit show.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh, and as assholes shoot the nag over and over, I'm hit with an honor penalty for not spending an expensive reviver on it.

I don't know how they managed to launch something worse than GTAO, but they pulled it off.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
This has probably been mentioned before, but are there any news when the beta will end and the final version will be out? I have been reluctant to play my character cause I want to get the best experience possible.
Also I've got like 15+ gold bars and plenty of money as a gift from Rockstar, so if I delete my character and create a new one will I lose it all?

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Jesus Christ. Tried to matchmake a story mission. Got kicked out by the host immediately (why is this even a thing?), and the game dumped me back in free roam aways away from the quest giver.

I don't get the purpose of this shit.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

Winter-John

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I've played around 15 hours of this and my main impression is how completely unfun and uninteresting it all is. Everything about it seems to be designed around draining the player of money/resources/time without any actual reward. There seems to be no point to actually achieving anything because there's nothing to be gained from levelling or earning money. Once you've bought a half decent gun and horse, well, that's pretty much all there is to it. It's a real shame too because I love the single player. It's incredibly rewarding, there's a ton of interesting characters and little quests. Maybe in a year or so Rockstar will have put enough into it but for now I feel the online is just not ready and not worth my time

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, and as assholes shoot the nag over and over, I'm hit with an honor penalty for not spending an expensive reviver on it.

I don't know how they managed to launch something worse than GTAO, but they pulled it off.

Horse insurance felt pricey at $125, but I bought It anyways w/ my free beta money just so I don't have to worry about crap like this in the future. Someone wants to be an asshole? Fine, they can pay the revive fee.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Springfield rifle + express rounds + peak condition fully upgraded. Most shots kill in one hit. Only works in free roam though, unfortunately.
Even on people with health at lvl 10?

I think I'll stop playing RDR online. Nothing interesting to do for the moment that would keep me farming xp. When they add more missions I'll probably come back. The game as it is now is really disapointing. It lacks some really basic stuff that should be present even in a beta.

Furio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm plagued by constant disconnects. It's pretty much one every 2-15 minutes. Trying to play with my brother and he isn't having it happen to him but it's so frustrating.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
God, I fucking love melee in this game

I literally just go to town and terrorise those poor AI, spearing them to the floor and beating/stabbing them to death

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I'm plagued by constant disconnects. It's pretty much one every 2-15 minutes. Trying to play with my brother and he isn't having it happen to him but it's so frustrating.

I got two disconnections yesterday for the first time since the Beta started. I wasn't able to join Story missions for some reasons, but everything else worked fine. Dunno why it happened

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even on people with health at lvl 10?

Not sure. I'd imagine it would help considering sometimes it will one shot and sometimes it will not on the same player I'm shooting at. Probably a number of factors at play between their health, the range, condition of the weapon, some sort of random force of nature at play here that doesn't make any sense, etc.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Did you all see those crybaby posts from griefers on reddit threatening to grief people if they add a passive mode? They claim to love pvp but half the time I do a pvp match the game has uneven teams yesterday I had a 16 player game that had 7 people total in it.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had any issue getting their bonus content in the online mode?

I've found a few items in the story mode but none of the stuff I should have from the special edition has shown up.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Jesus Christ. Tried to matchmake a story mission. Got kicked out by the host immediately (why is this even a thing?), and the game dumped me back in free roam aways away from the quest giver.

I don't get the purpose of this shit.

What I want to know is why isn't it a thing to not matchmake. I jsut want to do these missions with my friend and no one else and it keeps adding people to the mission (and it seems no way to stop it. Id idn't even know I could kick people out). Even when the mission was new to my character and it had a start mission vs. matchmake, for me it still would add other people in when I chose start mission.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Did you all see those crybaby posts from griefers on reddit threatening to grief people if they add a passive mode? They claim to love pvp but half the time I do a pvp match the game has uneven teams yesterday I had a 16 player game that had 7 people total in it.

What I don't understand is why they want to force people who don't want to PvP to pvp? They get offended if you want to be in a server that is invite only (and bitch at you for not playing the game the way they see it should be played. When it's an open world game that supposedly is open to how you want to play it). Hell, I've seen a few in here claim that (you know who you are :P. ONe told me I'd thank him for griefing me... and I know he'll see this cause he's very active in this thread). What does it affect them if I don't play in a server with them (or have a true passive mode... not gta online's that pretty much made it so you couldn't play 75% of the game.. a passive mode that only affects other players, not the NPCs too)? Oh wait, they like to see me get frustrated and if people who don't want to play PvP can opt out they can't piss people off...

And for those that say the game is designed for that, if your game is designed to make it miserable (or at least miserable enough that they just want to skip the gameplay that gives you rewards to just get the rewards) for some people to play, that is not a good design. It's just exploitive to try to sell more microtransactions and I'm not sure why we, as consumers, would defend a company making a game in a way to try to make it miserable to play.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Guys, I'm having a weird problem (bug?).

My horse is perpetually tired? No matter what i feed it and recover its cores with - the next time i load into an area, it shambles back to me like its been beaten to an inch of its death!

I dont know if its a bug - but i'm done feeding this thing and spending any more money on it. It spawns, staggers to me - and god forbid i have to run from anything/go into combat - it just keels over! It would be hilarious if it wasn't literally the thing that keeps me from playing this mode any more!

Any of you grizzled wanderers of the wilds know how i can either fix this or put it down (in every sense) for good?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
What I don't understand is why they want to force people who don't want to PvP to pvp? They get offended if you want to be in a server that is invite only (and bitch at you for not playing the game the way they see it should be played. When it's an open world game that supposedly is open to how you want to play it). Hell, I've seen a few in here claim that (you know who you are :P. ONe told me I'd thank him for griefing me... and I know he'll see this cause he's very active in this thread). What does it affect them if I don't play in a server with them (or have a true passive mode... not gta online's that pretty much made it so you couldn't play 75% of the game.. a passive mode that only affects other players, not the NPCs too)? Oh wait, they like to see me get frustrated and if people who don't want to play PvP can opt out they can't piss people off...

And for those that say the game is designed for that, if your game is designed to make it miserable (or at least miserable enough that they just want to skip the gameplay that gives you rewards to just get the rewards) for some people to play, that is not a good design. It's just exploitive to try to sell more microtransactions and I'm not sure why we, as consumers, would defend a company making a game in a way to try to make it miserable to play.

Because they don't wanna play against people that fight back the fun in it for them is feeling powerful and ruining sometimes good time but if everyone is out to do it then it'll happen to them and they won't feel strong. Just like the people in the Division that join in the Underground and leave stranding you in there they get their omegalulz by wasting other peoples time. Griefers only find wasting someone elses time fun they have no interest in an actual pvp mode or progressing their game it's the reason you'll see alot of people in New Austin rocking starting repeaters and shooting horses of anyone that passes.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

https://www.newsweek.com/red-dead-redemption-2-rdr2-update-104-fix-bugs-online-patch-notes-1253905
  • Added fixes for crashing issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.04.
  • Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
  • RDR2 update 1.04 has fixed some glitches.
  • Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
  • Added performance and stability improvements.
  • Gameplay improvements added with Red Dead Redemption 2 patch 1.04.
  • Added other minor fixes and changes with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.04.

Looks like that should fix some disconnect problems. Because I haven't been able to play online for more than 5 minutes at a time before getting disconnected.

Alligot80

Jan 1, 2018
Got the patch update. Still can't play main missions or pvp. Some stranger missions are working now but it still didn't fix most of the connectivity issues at least for me. It sucks because I love the world they created but about all I can do is hunt and a few gang hideouts. Hopefully they get it squared away soon

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I really really doubt this mode gonna bring same money or player count as GTA V . most people already left playing this for other games and it lots tons of players probably.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Here are the real patch notes:

RDR2 Story Mode General / Miscellaneous – PS4, Xbox One

Fixed an issue where the player could become stuck at 90% when loading an autosave made immediately after the mission 'Country Pursuits', if it was the only open mission

Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on loading screen when trying to restart game after completing the mission 'County Pursuits'

Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading a save in Chapter 2, if they had set up camp near Horseshoe Overlook after completing 'The First Shall Be Last'

Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading after loading an autosave or manual save

Fixed an issue where players could lose access to all weapons and equipment in their weapon wheel after completing a mission replay in Guarma

Red Dead Online Beta General / Miscellaneous – PS4, Xbox One

General stability improvements

Fixed the issue where players removing an injured horse from the stables without healing it would result in the Scrawny Nag appearing when whistling for their horse

Fixed an issue where players could not exit the house in the Mission 'Love and Honor'

Fixed an issue where players would be unable to load beyond 90% in the Red Dead Online beta unless they entered Story mode first

Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at a black screen after a Posse leader quit the lobby in the mission 'Love and Honor'

Fixed an issue where players could crash to the Xbox Home screen when resuming from a suspended state after connecting to Xbox Live services

Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Rockstar game services with error 0x99395004 after completing part 2 of the mission 'Honor Among Horse Thieves'
https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360013571853/RDR2-Title-Update-1-04-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I really really doubt this mode gonna bring same money or player count as GTA V . most people already left playing this for other games and it lots tons of players probably.

Without all the crazy shit that a modern setting can bring (jets, races in the sky, rocket launchers, etc), RDR2 Online was never going to bring in anywhere near what GTA online has. However, Rockstar definitely has their work cut out for them to retain what player base this game has already built, because right now, unless you're into grieving, its just not that entertaining. I really want to get into this, but fuck are other people making it difficult.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Right now, online encourages griefing with experience and progress toward gold buckles. I wonder if they'll fix this.
It's by design. Hopefully pressure from the players sees them modify it.

GTAO was bare bones and boring at launch too. Over time they just added more and more stuff though, and eventually it got really good. Personally I played GTAO for a week or two at launch, and then moved on. It wasn't until the Heists update (waaay later) that I came back, and got hooked.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
oh shit i'm in an empty server

just caught $100 worth of lake sturgeons in blackwater

i should sleep

BUT I COULD ALSO KEEP GOING

Status
Not open for further replies.