• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hell, I've seen a few in here claim that (you know who you are :P. ONe told me I'd thank him for griefing me... and I know he'll see this cause he's very active in this thread).

Oof (bud). You're off the mark with this one (I am afraid). You should probably go back and read my post (because it ain't what I saids). And (also) it was a joke (joke). Ya gotta read better than you write (considering the large amount of unnecessary parentheticals) at least. If you were not referring to me (but rather another individual), you may ignore this first part of my post.

Anyways, I (personally) have no issue with a passive mode or (friendly) free roam session. Just as I was perfectly fine with it in the first RDR's multiplayer and GTAO.

And I'll have you all know that I don't grief (or more appropriately worded, engage myself with other players) as often as you may think. It's only about 10% of the time. When I'm close to leveling up and I just need to kill a few dozen players to hit the mark. Or if someone is fishing, because I can't help myself. All I ever do is fight, but I can't fight my own nature (that's a paradox, you see).

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Oof (bud). You're off the mark with this one (I am afraid). You should probably go back and read my post (because it ain't what I saids). And (also) it was a joke (joke). Ya gotta read better than you write (considering the large amount of unnecessary parentheticals) at least. If you were not referring to me (but rather another individual), you may ignore this first part of my post.

Anyways, I (personally) have no issue with a passive mode or (friendly) free roam session. Just as I was perfectly fine with it in the first RDR's multiplayer and GTAO.

And I'll have you all know that I don't grief (or more appropriately worded, engage myself with other players) as often as you may think. It's only about 10% of the time. When I'm close to leveling up and I just need to kill a few dozen players to hit the mark. Or if someone is fishing, because I can't help myself. All I ever do is fight, but I can't fight my own nature (that's a paradox, you see).

I wasn't the only one who read it that way, one person even said it seemed a bit rapey the way you worded it. And this is text, if it is a jok,e you gotta be clear. But I tend to be suspect of people who go back on, "It's just a joke." Especially when they do it much much later and not at my first response to it. Besides, not all jokes are funny.

And btw, griefing fishing people is just scummy. And for when I want to level up, I just wait for some one to go after me (at least then I know they want to play that way rather than messing with some one who doesn't... I personally like to make sure the person I'm playing with is having fun too. I at the very least would wait until they weren't doing anything like selling pelts or fishing. Or I used to until I decided most people playing rockstar games are just jerks who want to see me have a bad time. At that point I could care less if the person is having fun, I want them to be miserable for wanting other people to be miserable). Or go into a PvP mode where I know people agree to that.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When is Rockstar gonna add "fun" ???

also, you know what really grinds my gears? the fact that we can't save the hats we find. i beat the shit out of an npc to get his hat and i'm just enjoying it while i can because it'll be gone eventually. that really annoyed me in singleplayer too. i know you can save some unique hats in SP but sometimes i'd find a really good one that i couldn't keep.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it's very similar to gta online when it started

except the setting of red dead already has 1/10th the potential of gta

so gtao was empty as fuck

but rdo is empty as fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France

I disagree. Plenty of potential activities if Rockstar took full advantage of the setting.

However, taking the setting and essentially copy-pasting the only GTAO activities that were possible in it ? Hell yeah there's nothing to do.

Plenty of good ideas in this thread, almost none of which made it in so far : https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-want-from-red-dead-online.81854/#post-15138187

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
I got on last night and after looking around trying to find something to do, I got bored and left. I'm going to assume this is the story for a lot of people.
This plus being unable to choose your pvp mode still is extremely frustrating. I"m fucking sick of "most wanted" pvp game modes already, and it's at least 50% of the games that I queue into.

At least let us "blacklist" a pvp game mode we don't want to participate it. Better yet, let us pick the god damn pvp game mode we want to play in like any normal game, good god.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
This plus being unable to choose your pvp mode still is extremely frustrating. I"m fucking sick of "most wanted" pvp game modes already, and it's at least 50% of the games that I queue into.

At least let us "blacklist" a pvp game mode we don't want to participate it. Better yet, let us pick the god damn pvp game mode we want to play in like any normal game, good god.
Picking your mode would work right now. The problem is that Rockstar will release a bajillion other PvP modes, so this is their solution to actually having populated modes. It's not a particularly good one IMHO, but at least it's an attempt.

In GTAO they had a bajillion modes and made zero effort to encourage people to actually play any particular one. Consequently you could never play any of them.

What RDO needs:
  • Passive / PvE mode
  • More story missions. Many more. Especially stealth ones.
  • Heists
  • A camp that appears where you fucking tell it to appear, and with more customisation
  • Businesses like mines, ranches, stores, etc.
  • Properties to own
  • Wagons to own
  • Boats to own
  • An underground boxing ring
  • A quickdraw PvP mode, lag be damned
  • A bounty hunter system, with ranks, etc. that you progress through.
  • Some sort of special co-op hunting mode
  • Something to do with your hunting spoils, other than sell them

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Especially stealth ones.

Stealth missions are terrible for PvE experiences, especially if alerting enemies => mission failure. These type of missions make for a horrible PvE experience (see parts of the GTAO heist), because there is always that one person that screws it up and sometimes that person can be you. If it's optional stealth, then I have nothing against it, though.

Btw. this is a great list either way. I think it's not too far fetched and I see a lot of it happening.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Yeah, the camp is hilariously bad. It's not your camp, it the NPC's camp that you pay him to upkeep apparently....and then pay him again if you want him to move to an actual useful location (with the occasional exception of him being set up close to you and not on the other side of the map).

"Ok, time for me to pick up stakes and move on."
"I'd rather you stay here."
"Nah, I hear Lemoyne is nice this hour of the day, have fun here in Tumbleweed."

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Also, why am I paying a fucking stable fee when I have the one horse and I'm currently sat upon the big bastard?

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Stealth missions are terrible for PvE experiences, especially if alerting enemies => mission failure. These type of missions make for a horrible PvE experience (see parts of the GTAO heist), because there is always that one person that screws it up and sometimes that person can be you. If it's optional stealth, then I have nothing against it, though.

Btw. this is a great list either way. I think it's not too far fetched and I see a lot of it happening.
Im super curious about the one where you're in the woods with...I think his name is Lee?
The information it tells you says that killing enemies without alerting others will result in less in the final camp battle. Can anyone verify that? Because every time I've done that mission with randoms they go apeshit and turn the forest into a shooting gallery and there's always 100 men in the last battle.

I'd love more missions like that where you have to stealth take out enemies with the bow, throwing knives, etc. It'd be down heavily to cooperation with other players but i think it'd be awesome.

One of the things I'd like to see is the actual camp become more useful. There's a drying rack there that would be nice if i could slot carcasses into so they stop or otherwise slow down the decompose timer. Right now its just a dumb decoration. I'd like to see more of those too for camp, like let me display stuff i find or something. Let me bring back horns/skulls and display them. Not just spend $100 on a tent or $300 to play dress up with Cripps.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Im super curious about the one where you're in the woods with...I think his name is Lee?
The information it tells you says that killing enemies without alerting others will result in less in the final camp battle. Can anyone verify that? Because every time I've done that mission with randoms they go apeshit and turn the forest into a shooting gallery and there's always 100 men in the last battle.

I'd love more missions like that where you have to stealth take out enemies with the bow, throwing knives, etc. It'd be down heavily to cooperation with other players but i think it'd be awesome.

One of the things I'd like to see is the actual camp become more useful. There's a drying rack there that would be nice if i could slot carcasses into so they stop or otherwise slow down the decompose timer. Right now its just a dumb decoration. I'd like to see more of those too for camp, like let me display stuff i find or something. Let me bring back horns/skulls and display them. Not just spend $100 on a tent or $300 to play dress up with Cripps.
Me and a mate did it stealthy. Still like 20 guys at the end.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

so gtao was empty as fuck

but rdo is empty as fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

They gave this game an extra year after a 7 year dev cycle. Tacked on a BR mode to boot to follow the craze. The online wasn't even ready for the game launch, and yet they still came out with a barebones experience. Just how small was this online team when the scope of the project was so huge across half a dozen rockstar studios? I would have figured a billion in profit from shark cards alone would have convinced at least T2 to give them a support studio to make sure it hits the ground running and people have something to spend and buy more gold with

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Yeah, after we got 100% story mission complete, me and my buddies are just confused and at loss on what to do next. There's no content in there.

Bah.

Speaking of which, how's GTAV online for a new player? Friendly? Difficult? What about the content? I am thinking of maybe making a jump there....

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Speaking of which, how's GTAV online for a new player? Friendly? Difficult? What about the content? I am thinking of maybe making a jump there....

It's quite grindy, but if you're playing with friends it should be no trouble, just keep in mind if you want to do most activites you'll have to make money. Lots of it. You'll be drowning in content and it's just more immediately fun than RDRO.

Edit : Forgot about something, if you're going to play GTAO prepare yourself for long-ass loading times very frequently. Still worth it when there's so much to do IMO.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

Easily my favourite mission in RDO. Don't quote me on this, but I suspect you get a higher mission payout if you successfully stealth some sections. We seemed to anyway. Didn't really notice a reduction in bad guys, apart from the fact that every section where you fail the stealth you get a bunch of extra enemies spawning in and attacking.

Overwhelming. The systems are super-confusing and unforgiving, mostly because each new big DLC Pack has been a completely separate bolt on thing, rather than being integrated into existing systems (they're paranoid about breaking shit in the code base, so try to eliminate any interactions between their new code and existing code wherever possible).

It's highly unfriendly by design, and grindy. It has a ridiculous amount of content though.

It would be tough to jump in solo, but could be done. It's a game that's really only fun when playing with friends though. The Era OT:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gr...d-look-forward-to-swim-with-shark-cards.4683/

Just be aware that Era has almost nobody playing it (going by the OT anyway).

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just turned the game on and the Gold Bar Store is active for the first time, huzzah

25 gold bars is 9.99 USD
55 19.99
150 49.99
245 74.99
350 99.99

They have a One Time Special Offer of 25 gold for 4.99 right now though

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
DuYr6T3WoAAw4Pg.jpg:large

Prices I expected tbh

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So I'm back from vacationing - Is anyone still playing this here? lol

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, I played for a little yesterday to see what the patch was about, but quickly turned off again, because nothing changed and content is still boring and barebones.

Saw 2 people past Level 60 yesterday and couldn't imagine the grind that they had to do in such a short time. I would be bored beyond sanity.

No, it's pretty boring right now, at least for me. I love grinding, but there's no point for grinding in this game. I get to lvl 25 within a week, and it's like I've seen every content this game has to offer.

The gold price is pretty expensive huh, 10 bucks for 25 gold bar.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
So, if you take the standard price for 25 Gold, which is 9.99 US$, and apply it to the Arabian Horse, which is 42 Gold, it checks out at 16.7832 US$.

That's some crazy good value right there guys. Incredible.

Ugh... -.-

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, if you take the standard price for 25 Gold, which is 9.99 US$, and apply it to the Arabian Horse, which is 42 Gold, it checks out at 16.7832 US$.

That's some crazy good value right there guys. Incredible.

Ugh... -.-

Pfft, that's cheap considering shark card prices. Next year you will have 30-50 usd flying horses.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
I find it amusing how from the previous update's refund I already pretty much have everything I want from the stuff currently available, now all this extra money will just be going towards camp upgrades I guess. Guess I can start saving up my cash for whatever new content they start throwing in next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.