• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad 15 or 30 gold doesn't really get you anything useful. All you need is lake and river lure + holster so you can dual wield. That's 4 gold bars total lol

Everything else is cosmetic/unneccessry given the current state of the game

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Too bad 15 or 30 gold doesn't really get you anything useful. All you need is lake and river lure + holster so you can dual wield. That's 4 gold bars total lol

Everything else is cosmetic/unneccessry given the current state of the game
Am I missing something? I never had to pay gold for the lures. River lures are like $4 a pop or something for me.
Level unlocked maybe?

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Atleast they didnt fuck single player. I imagine they are losing player base in huge pace so they pulled to sell gold option before game online becomes empty land(relatively ofc). This makes me thing they will remaster RDR1 and sell with 40$ / with rd online 60$ to get quick cash.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Good Lord @ those gold bar prices. I wish RDO was a separate install so I could delete it as a tiny middle finger to Rockstar.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
They try to keep people playing by giving gold bar and money... It's pretty telling about the quality of the multi.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Come Back Stronger (health regenerates sooner) or Cold Blooded (health regen for 5 seconds after a kill), ya'll? First one seems useful in general, but I can imagine a situation where I am getting one kill after the other becoming an unstoppable machine. Or perhaps the game is just overselling them and they ultimately do fuck all, who knows.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else had a horse bug out and not be able to regen stamina? Mine broke so I had to buy another horse and then I found out the stable slots don't use the hold X system so I ended up buying two stable slots instead of just the one I needed. The game is pretty damn boring but it's still fun enough to ride around the open world and hunt for an hour or two every couple of days.

baskcm

Oct 27, 2017
Im really gonna have to wait for them to add more to do bored rigid with the online at the moment

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps controversially, I'm quite enjoying online, though I really need to finish SP before digging too deep.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Perhaps controversially, I'm quite enjoying online, though I really need to finish SP before digging too deep.
The not digging too deep bit is the key. There isn't much content at the moment once you do start digging in. The story missions are good, but there aren't many. The Stranger missions are alright, but they pay fuck all. Hunting and fishing I find oddly relaxing, but it still gets boring if you do it for too long.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am trying Series for the first time, and what the fuck? How the hell is everyone headshoting me instantly.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The not digging too deep bit is the key. There isn't much content at the moment once you do start digging in. The story missions are good, but there aren't many. The Stranger missions are alright, but they pay fuck all. Hunting and fishing I find oddly relaxing, but it still gets boring if you do it for too long.

Not done a huge amount of story or stranger stuff to avoid spoilers (I already knew about the map, unfortunately). I've mostly dabbled in series stuff, which was fun. Shame they dropped the RDR1 showdowns at the start of the match.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So can I do something with those 30 gifted goldbars? Just like in GTAO, I couldn't care less about PVP combat but I might look into some horse races for now I guess, I'm level 3!

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
So I could grab a Zentorno horse and a decent gun there? :p
A fishing rod would be cool too as I haven't reached that part in SP yet lol.

I think you have to be the same rank as the gun you wanna buy but the two best guns the Varmint Rifle and the Bolt Action both unlock before level 15. I think the closer you are to the actual rank of stuff the cheaper it gets to buy with gold so try not to buy anything rank 15-20 with gold and the 200 dollars for a gun can be earned in an hour or so of pvp.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Out of interest, what's so good about the Varmint Rifle...?
it is only $75 and has barely any recoil and its very accurate and has a fantastic fire rate so you can kill people extremely fast with it

it doesnt do much damage when you shoot someone in the body, but every gun in the game does a one shot kill if you get someone in the head. so there are no drawbacks to using it

bolt action rifle does two shots to the body to kill, but in the time it takes me to get those two shots, a varmint rifle can accidentally shoot me in the chest once and shoot me in the head, killing me before i even get another round chambered

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017

It's auto aim is op as hell it instantly locks on because it's made to instantly lock onto small animals it can also instantly lock onto to a player and it's got a fast rate of fire and ammo is cheap.

Another thing I noticed is online is freaking dead one server I went into had 15 players and another server barely had 20 people in it.

Last edited:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's auto aim is op as hell it instantly locks on because it's made to instantly lock onto small animals it can also instantly lock onto to a player and it's got a fast rate of fire and ammo is cheap.

it is only $75 and has barely any recoil and its very accurate and has a fantastic fire rate so you can kill people extremely fast with it

it doesnt do much damage when you shoot someone in the body, but every gun in the game does a one shot kill if you get someone in the head. so there are no drawbacks to using it

bolt action rifle does two shots to the body to kill, but in the time it takes me to get those two shots, a varmint rifle can accidentally shoot me in the chest once and shoot me in the head, killing me before i even get another round chambered

Ah, interesting! Thank you.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I haven't read anywhere, but maybe I missed it - Have they mentioned any plans to add some significant content?

I logged back in to get my bars, and buy some new boots with them, but beyond that, I still can't find a reason to play.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read anywhere, but maybe I missed it - Have they mentioned any plans to add some significant content?

I logged back in to get my bars, and buy some new boots with them, but beyond that, I still can't find a reason to play.
they said theyre working on content for next year but nothing specific so

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

There'll be heist stuff

Sure leaks pointed to us owning farms too

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where the flying fuck do I get the shit ton of Repeater ammo I just bought

Also holy crap this mode is shockingly bad and I'm not just talking about beta hiccups

I am not nearly having as much fun as I did in RDR1 MP

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Where the flying fuck do I get the shit ton of Repeater ammo I just bought

Also holy crap this mode is shockingly bad and I'm not just talking about beta hiccups

I am not nearly having as much fun as I did in RDR1 MP

Post office or camp if you can manage to get Cripps to leave it in one spot long enough to get there.

And yeah it's trash the best part is cowboy dress up but once you do that there's nothing to look cool doing so there's no point in even logging in.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it's ok, in one year we'll be racing steroid horses at 200 mph around loop de loop tracks in the sky

rockstar gonna get goofy to flesh out this mode

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I feel like it took more effort to post this then it would to log in and collect your gold bars. Yes, the game is rough now, but when they start to add more content through 2019, having some free gold may help a lot.

Not really. I launched the game three times these last couple of days and exploring the single-player was just more enticing. Helps to forget the wasted potential of online. Almost.

Besides, if they do add enough content down the line I should be able to earn back that amount in no time. Unless the economy is completely fucked, that is.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Post office or camp if you can manage to get Cripps to leave it in one spot long enough to get there.

And yeah it's trash the best part is cowboy dress up but once you do that there's nothing to look cool doing so there's no point in even logging in.
The modes in particular are a huge letdown. The deathmatch games have had their personality sucked out (no more opening standoffs) and replaced with this needless point bounty system. Meanwhile, the alternatives are either convoluted or boring. I mean, I wasn't a huge fan of that moneybag free-for-all in RDR1, but that was at least a little more thrilling than this new silly gun trick thing.

Also, the maps kind of blow so far.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The modes in particular are a huge letdown. The deathmatch games have had their personality sucked out (no more opening standoffs) and replaced with this needless point bounty system. Meanwhile, the alternatives are either convoluted or boring. I mean, I wasn't a huge fan of that moneybag free-for-all in RDR1, but that was at least a little more thrilling than this new silly gun trick thing.

Also, the maps kind of blow so far.

Tall Trees is one of the worst pvp maps I've ever played on and I play MMORPGs so I've seen some half assed pvp maps before. I wish they still had the stand off at the start they didn't really have a purpose but they were so damn stylish and it was a great way to start a game just for the cool factor. The only PVP modes I like are Most Wanted and the two team deathmatch the capture the zone maps are super unbalanced name your weapon is stupid because everyone uses the sawed off shotgun and for some reason executions only give 1 point but a Tomahawk is worth 7 points.

Also in free roam we should be able to challenge people to duels but we can't even do that it would be a great way to settle disputes and it would just be cool to do it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently next Friday special edition players get $100 and ultimate edition players $1000. Feels like I paid for some kind of membership.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I spent my free gold on the level 99 leather duster, it costs 30 gold. I'm a big Sunny fan lol

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I spent my free gold on the level 99 leather duster, it costs 30 gold. I'm a big Sunny fan lol

Me and my girlfriend almost named our gang Burn The Duster but we didn't think it would fit. I also got the duster because of Sunny I hardly ever wear it but when I do I always get tempted to do something in game for Project Badass.

Hiraeth

Mar 16, 2018
London, UK
Tall Trees is one of the worst pvp maps I've ever played on and I play MMORPGs so I've seen some half assed pvp maps before. I wish they still had the stand off at the start they didn't really have a purpose but they were so damn stylish and it was a great way to start a game just for the cool factor. The only PVP modes I like are Most Wanted and the two team deathmatch the capture the zone maps are super unbalanced name your weapon is stupid because everyone uses the sawed off shotgun and for some reason executions only give 1 point but a Tomahawk is worth 7 points.

Also in free roam we should be able to challenge people to duels but we can't even do that it would be a great way to settle disputes and it would just be cool to do it.

Forgot about the stand offs. That would be great.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Varmit is good for keeping small animals/birds the same quality level when you kill them (ie, killing a pristine one will keep it Perfect, etc) rather than filling it with lead and getting a shitty pelt/carcass.

Bolt Action is a good heavy hitter and I believe it also helps to keep larger animals the same quality level.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Another player approached me in the saloon in Valentine and I didn't like the way he looked at me some I shot him in the face. Next I hear him on the mic yelling for me to "get out here with your iron strapped and we'll settle this in a duel". We meet in the middle of the street and he says on three we draw. As soon as he counts to two and immediately whips out his gun, firing from the hip, and puts a bunch of a holes in me. He then says "and that's how you do it in the west".

I didn't even go after him after that. He got me good with that one.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Another player approached me in the saloon in Valentine and I didn't like the way he looked at me some I shot him in the face. Next I hear him on the mic yelling for me to "get out here with your iron strapped and we'll settle this in a duel". We meet in the middle of the street and he says on three we draw. As soon as he counts to two and immediately whips out his gun, firing from the hip, and puts a bunch of a holes in me. He then says "and that's how you do it in the west".

I didn't even go after him after that. He got me good with that one.
lol, that's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.