• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my girlfriend went on a rampage in Rhodes ended up getting chased out of town by the law they chased us all the way into the swamps I barely got away. There was tons of npc cops after us it was pretty fun.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
If I create a new character, does the stuff I unlocked with gold carry over?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I noticed the saloons are playing Christmas music right now. Nice touch R*.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to deliver mail and some fool has the audacity to interupt my duties as a mailman and starts a feud. But for real, this shit is just too easy. It's the first game all over again and I love it.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, they've even half arsed this Christmas update.

They shouldn't have bothered.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I got my plat three days ago

And I think I will never touch RDR Online again lol

bGUyfDC.png

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
No one I've talked to likes Red Dead Online my girlfriend quit playing after a week my cousin and uncle both hate it even though they were both super into RDR1 online and most of the people I talk to on Reddit don't like it either. Just look at how dead this thread is there's like 10 people that post regularly.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
No one I've talked to likes Red Dead Online my girlfriend quit playing after a week my cousin and uncle both hate it even though they were both super into RDR1 online and most of the people I talk to on Reddit don't like it either. Just look at how dead this thread is there's like 10 people that post regularly.
Me and my friends left too. There is nothing good in that online mode IMO. Greedy MTs and a griefers paradise.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my friends left too. There is nothing good in that online mode IMO. Greedy MTs and a griefers paradise.

People don't even bother to grief anymore it's just people that like hunting and fishing and people playing cowboy dress up. Most of the servers I get into aren't even full anymore I haven't tried pvping in about two weeks but even then most pvp modes aside from most wanted were half empty I did a match that was supposed to be 12 or 16 people and there was 8 people between 3 or 4 teams.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The GAF and Era GTAO threads were and are similarly dead, yet that game was a monster success.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Mostly just hunt/fish, clear out a banding camp when I go by one and do some pvp matches. It is rather barren (ha) though. I am going to keep complaining about the fact that you can't choose your pvp match type until I die (or they implement it) damn it.

Can be really frustrating coming back from a horse full of pelts and 3 star animal carcasses and then d/c. The butcher selling bug is really annoying to with the over valued weapons/items just magnifying these issues making it more annoying.

Last edited:

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
How do you take a picture of your character in online? I wanted to post in that show your character thread but I couldn't figure out how to take a picture of my character with them looking at the camera.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

So long as we're being anecdotal, I know a pretty hardcore Red Dead community that is enjoying RDO immensely, so.

tim-and-eric-awesome-show-tim-heidecker-idont-know-oh-well-gif-4424463.gif

I am as well, with my own silly antics.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
So long as we're being anecdotal, I know a pretty hardcore Red Dead community that is enjoying RDO immensely, so.

tim-and-eric-awesome-show-tim-heidecker-idont-know-oh-well-gif-4424463.gif

I am as well, with my own silly antics.

I love it personally and have alot of fun playing it's just most of the people I talk to don't like it. I have alot of fun having shoot outs in Rhodes yesterday the sheriffs in game chased me into the swamps and I made a final stand before I got killed it's just most people only think about playing and only wanna level up or get a ton of money for some reason when there's not really any point in being high level. I'm trying to tank my karma but my love of petting my horse and brushing it keep raising me back up before I get can below half way.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I got my plat three days ago

And I think I will never touch RDR Online again lol

bGUyfDC.png

Oh man, nice

The only thing that's stopping me is getting all of those gold medals for the single player missions. I'm still having fun exploring the world + playing online, replaying those missions with those strict rules is boring

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
first off, congrats bro!

how long did it take for level 50 trophy ?

and are MP trophies time consuming ?

3 days and 22 hours. The Notorious trophy is the only one that requires a lot of time, since the progression system in rdo is slow af. I got the trophy legitimately by playing missions and hunting...

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, nice

The only thing that's stopping me is getting all of those gold medals for the single player missions. I'm still having fun exploring the world + playing online, replaying those missions with those strict rules is boring

Not to mention replaying missions is way more difficult to complete every challenge lol

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention replaying missions is way more difficult to complete every challenge lol

Yeah exactly. "Here's the mission with no healing items and none of the weapons you're comfortable with, now go out there and beat it in less than 3 minutes without taking any damage with an 80% shooting accuracy rate"

FUCK

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah exactly. "Here's the mission with no healing items and none of the weapons you're comfortable with, now go out there and beat it in less than 3 minutes without taking any damage with an 80% shooting accuracy rate"

FUCK

That's exaxctly why I'm holding off for now. I'm also kinda burned out after doing 100%, grinding the 18 Grizzly Bear attacks and skinning/studying every animal. Had an otherwise awesome 250+ hours with the game.

Gonna be back at some point, when the Online content isn't this scarce or if they ever decide to patch the Replay Mission thing in a way that allows us to use our current Loadout.

Some cocksucka has hacked my Social Club account

🖕🏽🧐

Stupid idiots...

Were you able to get it back?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think the rewards at the end of a stranger mission depend on the length you spend on the mission. Quicker you complete it, the lesser the reward. The longer you take, the greater the reward. I decided to wait out the timer until the very end for one mission and I got $17 and 460 XP. I got $10 and 260 XP on a mission that typically pays like shit when I waited out the timer.

I had my suspicions that this was the case for some time now. You're punished for playing efficiently in order to progress, whereas you're rewarded the longer it takes you to grind out a single mission.

This some sketchy ass time investment design.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
Don't own RDR2, don't care about it but just want to give major props to whoever came up with that OT title.

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Every time I get online, I am one-shot by the first person who gets within eyesight of me. It's horrible.

Give me free aim servers like RDR1 or a passive mode so I can just chill. At least in RDR1 with freeaim servers people couldn't aim so you could not just instantly die by lock on aim. I don't know why anyone finds that fun, but I play single player in freeaim.

I'll come back to online when it's not so annoying.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
I think the rewards at the end of a stranger mission depend on the length you spend on the mission. Quicker you complete it, the lesser the reward. The longer you take, the greater the reward. I decided to wait out the timer until the very end for one mission and I got $17 and 460 XP. I got $10 and 260 XP on a mission that typically pays like shit when I waited out the timer.

I had my suspicions that this was the case for some time now. You're punished for playing efficiently in order to progress, whereas you're rewarded the longer it takes you to grind out a single mission.

This some sketchy ass time investment design.
So same than GTA Online missions, they really don't like when people earn money quickly.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I went to a butcher to sell my poor-ass deer carcass, soon after a dude arrived with his own deer on a horse. he went to the shopping menu, meanwhile, I stole the deer from his horse, put it on mine and sold it for 7$

laughed my ass off, poor guy was really confused what happened

Oct 29, 2017
HOLY HELL. I finally checked out competitive MP and i dont think im exaggerating when i say that this is the worst mp effort from a AAA game in a good while. The control problems are totally highlighted in mp, its grind to win since the starting guns are literally worthless, the netcode sucks (had to shoot a guy 4 times at close range with a shotty to kill him because 3 didnt register at all), it seems common for the game to spawn you right in front of other players, and pistols dont seem to do anything at all. I snuck up on a guy and unloaded with a pistol within 10 ft....only 1 shot landed and i had to finish him with the shotgun. Like, i get it that pistols should be closer quarter weapons but this is ridiculous. I played for about an hour and a half and im just shocked at the mess i just played.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Rockstar is gonna be pissed when they get back from Holiday and check youtube and see that there's a free clothing glitch online is Duster coat city right now.

Do you all think we will get reset over this or does anyone know what Rockstar does to people that abuse glitches for cash shop items?

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Rockstar is gonna be pissed when they get back from Holiday and check youtube and see that there's a free clothing glitch online is Duster coat city right now.

Do you all think we will get reset over this or does anyone know what Rockstar does to people that abuse glitches for cash shop items?

Well as long as you don't abuse any glitches you'll be fine, GTA Online had some really terrible ones and I didn't get affected by any resets or punishments that were handed out as I didn't abuse any.

With the amount of data that online games keep track of it's not very hard for them to keep track of these sorts of things, how severely or whether they punish at all is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.