• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Do they have gang hideouts in this yet?
I must've done the Pike's Basin one on the original way over 100 times.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
RDO is so poor and boring and yet Rockstar thought it was a good idea adding microtransactions before the official launch. Priorities, I guess.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...=rdo-betaupdate-01252019&utm_content=newswire

Gold Bonus

Thank you to dedicated Red Dead Online Beta players worldwide for your continuing feedback as we work together to refine the game experience. As a token of our gratitude for your support and understanding throughout this Beta period, we are rewarding this weekend's active players with a bonus of 5 Gold Bars. Play the Red Dead Online Beta between today Friday January 25 and Sunday January 27 to qualify for the bonus, which will be delivered to your account by Tuesday January 29.

Gun Rush Feedback & Matchmaking Improvements

Following the launch of the new Gun Rush mode, we identified a few matchmaking issues, some of which we have addressed with short-term improvements and all of which we are working towards more permanent and proper fixes for in the longer term. The minor improvements should help generate fuller lobbies and we will add more fixes in upcoming title updates. Gun Rush is best experienced with as many competitors as possible, so if you had any issues with smaller lobbies around release, we strongly encourage you to give it another go this weekend as we are already regularly seeing much fuller matches on both PS4 and Xbox One.

For those who haven't tried it yet, Gun Rush is a tooth and nail, Western style battle-royale fight to the death for up to 32 players that can be played either with Teams or as a Free For All. Players compete in an ever-shrinking battle zone with horses for quick transport (and associated risks). Skirmish for weapons ranging from Mauser Pistols to Repeating Shotguns to Fire Bottles and Dynamite Arrows – as well as for valuable, hard to obtain armor like the headshot-thwarting Ned Kelly Armor to help you survive to the end.

We also updated our official Feedback page to now include dedicated sections for Gun Rush. We of course want to know what you like, don't like, suggestions for improvements and changes to this and other modes and types of gameplay – so please do keep it coming!

More to Come

Our teams are currently working on lots of fixes, changes and improvements to the game based on player feedback including the quality of life improvements that we detailed in our last status update: Proximity-Based Player Blips, Parley Changes with quicker access to Feuding, Law and Bounty Improvements to discourage griefing while introducing a new Freeroam dynamic between bounty hunters and criminal rogues, plus Daily Challenges with gold nugget rewards and more. We are currently planning to have these and other improvements to the game included in a Title Update scheduled for release in the coming months – we'll provide more information as we get closer to the date.

Five free gold bars if you're active this weekend
Updates to Battle Royale
Changes mentioned last time still aren't in yet but are coming

lol

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...=rdo-betaupdate-01252019&utm_content=newswire

Five free gold bars if you're active this weekend
Updates to Battle Royale
Changes mentioned last time still aren't in yet but are coming

lol

ok, their blip system is the first thing I've see them do that says to me that maybe they do care to reduce griefing and make things more fun for those of us not wanting to deal with that. That sounds awesome. And that includes playing GTA V online since it came out. And when they implement it I might come back to try it (right now I'm into Fallout 76 and Fallout 4 VR but I'll log in once this weekend for the gold). ESpecially if they add more free roam activities (hell, dailies is a start. I just want some sort of goal). And more interesting things to buy (give me more stable space and more choice of horses damnit. I want an all black shire!).

(I do complain about the grind but I honestly like grindy games, it's just a little too grindy and obviously designed so on purpose <- this is actually what offends me most rather than the fact it is grindy, just that it was designed too grindy *on purpose*. What really offends me more about rockstar online is the fact they seem to encourage griefers... this is the first time it seems they are putting an honestly looks like it might actually help system to help discourage them or at least avoid them. Before all their systems looked like they were designed to appear to want to help but had an obvious flaw that was hard for me to believe was overlooked. LIke in gta making aggressive players dots red... except that counted also for going against NPCs, not just players. Even us passive people liek fucking with the NPCs so that meant the red dot meant nothing).

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i just want my stranger missions to work

for the love of god

they don't load 90% of the time. legit i counted 9 failures out of 10 in one session. fucking hell.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I hate red dead online right now, you all remember how boring GTA online was when it launched right? Obviously multiplayer is not a priority for Rockstar when they launch a game. They are more than happy with single player and a barebones online beta that they build upon over time.

I'm sure they have big content updates planned.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I hate red dead online right now, you all remember how boring GTA online was when it launched right? Obviously multiplayer is not a priority for Rockstar when they launch a game. They are more than happy with single player and a barebones online beta that they build upon over time.

There was more to do in GTAO at the start with friends than there is in this tbf, but yeah GTAO was pretty barebones until heists, which is what we're all awaiting.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

No. I remember being pretty entertained by gta online when it came out honestly. I certainly didn't bore of it near as quick as rdr which I tried for a week or two and drifted off.

Oct 30, 2017

I home You are right...

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. I remember being pretty entertained by gta online when it came out honestly. I certainly didn't bore of it near as quick as rdr which I tried for a week or two and drifted off.

Racing cars at 150mph will always be more fun than racing horses. GTA has a more immediately satisfying basic gameplay loop, a product of its setting.

Oct 29, 2017
I jumped back in to some MP modes since it sounds like they rolled out some fixes....nope. This might be the worst MP effort this gen. Every game mode Ive played is hilariously broken. People constantly spawn in similar areas leading to spawn camping and open maps with over watch points that look directly at the spawns encourage this crap. Auto aim (why is this still in MP?) is wonky as fuck, some times it works, others it doesnt. Damage modeling is...uh, inconsistent to put it nicely; and none of this touches the rampant lag, teleporting, general glitches.

There is some slight fun to be had in the free roaming but for the most part RD:O is a steaming pile of shit and its baffling that this seems to get a pass from the press or just simply labeled as boring.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Evans Repeater coming back. Where the fuck is the LeMat.

Now comes the time where they slowly add all of the weapons that were in the first game to begin with.

Shit should have been in the single player to begin with.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE ARRIVES NEXT WEEK ALL NEW WORLD ENHANCEMENTS, MODES AND MORE FROM FEBRUARY 26

Next week the Red Dead Online Beta frontier expands with all new Free Roam Events, a host of new Showdown Modes, and new Races coming as part of its first title update on Tuesday, February 26. This update also brings the first batch of new Weapons, Clothing, and Emotes for your character, as well as a series of improvements and balances detailed last week. Also starting on Tuesday, February 26 look out for new content and special promotions weekly.

New Gameplay

New additions will include the Fool's Gold Free Roam Event, where players will compete to control an equal parts gaudy and protective suit of Golden Armor. Fight to take down the armor wearer to earn points and claim it as your own, then turn the tables and earn points for kills while wearing the armor.

Competitive Challenges gets a fresh catch with Fishing Challenges. Fishing Challenges are broken out by type, opt in to the challenge and you'll receive all the equipment necessary to compete including the rod as well lures and bait specific to the challenge type, whether it's crickets for a river challenge, crayfish for the swamp or worms for lakes. Then head to an appropriate body of water to take part – also, you'll be made safe from the nuisance of trigger-happy outlaws while you are taking the challenge. Catch the highest weight total of fish to win.

Also on the way are three new Showdown Modes where players and teams compete to capture and deliver bags, steal loot from each other and survive. Stay tuned for more details around Up in Smoke, Spoils of War and Plunder. Races will also see a new variation with Target Races where players shoot targets from horseback to pass checkpoints as they race along a track to the finish line.

New Weapons

B.D. and Co. is turning out the high grade, high capacity Evans Repeater rifle. The Rare Shotgun is D.D. Packenbush's latest variation of the powerful double-barreled longarm. Sporting an antique style faded brass finish and an artfully adorned stock. Both weapons will be available via the Wheeler & Rawson Catalogue and local Gunsmiths.

New Clothing and Emotes

A wide range of new clothing to further customize your character – from the snake adorned Diamondback Hat to the fur trimmed Rutledge Vest – is also on the way with new Outfits, Jackets, Boots, Coats, Gloves, Hats, Vests and more. In addition to all the clothing that will be available for purchase at your leisure, keep an eye on the shops and the Catalogue for unique special items that will come and go. A variety of new Emotes is also on the way – featuring everything from greets to reactions and taunts.

PS4 Early Access Content

In addition to new Target Races, PlayStation 4 players will have early access to Open Target Races where you compete in an open space to take out the most targets on horseback. PS4 players will also get early access to the Jawbone Knife, a unique melee weapon with a handle artfully carved from the remains of a slain animal's jaw, as well as a range of new clothing options and 3 new Emotes.

Bonus XP This Week

Play the Red Dead Online Beta all this week to earn 20% more XP on all activities ahead of the launch of these new updates on February 26. And be sure to look out for new bonuses, giveaways, promotions and content updates weekly, as we continue to build, balance and evolve the world of Red Dead Online.
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60855/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update-Arrives-Next-Week

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I wonder if this is too late?
I know the game probably did well initially, but there's been price drops on it ever since the new year; adding all of this stuff is great but it feels like this is stuff that should have been in the Online when it launched. It would have been perfectly fine to have the online launch a few months after the initial game launch.

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's telling when a new update has been live for two days and no responses in this thread. Looks like they killed the in game economy again. At this rate rockstars next game will just be microtransactions. Buy each mission piecemeal.

Did this update at least fix the issue where changing your hairstyle changes your characters age to the max?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
they keep calling it a "big update"

basically nothing changed. apparently there were bugfixes, my stranger missions work again at least...

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
With the radar changes I barely run into anyone grifers are huge red dots on your radar and I was in the swamps outside of Saint Denis and saw some grifers on my radar that were standing around in New Austin. Plus it feels like they nerfed the auto aim so no can shoot for shit anymore so fights got more evened out and aren't just push up on the analogue stick to one shot anymore. Also Rockstar fixed the bandannas clipping into peoples faces by forcing peoples characters faces to change I got lucky and my character still looks decent but some peoples characters got totally wrecked.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
wi4n69o1kod.jpg

new update contains daily challenges that encourage players to grief other players

new update updates how bounties work, encouraging players to not grief other players

c4pmB.gif

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they saw my above post, daily challenges that encourage grieving will be changed in an upcoming update:

restructured Daily Challenges that eliminate hostile gameplay in Free Roam

Also, Passive Mode is coming! Kinda...

Some players just want to immerse themselves in the world, riding, hunting and fishing in peace. We want to offer these options while allowing players to coexist comfortably alongside other players in the world. The Offensive Playing Style is much like the current Free Roam play as we know it while the Defensive Playing Style is a more evolved version of the Passive Mode concept, designed for Red Dead Online's more grounded experience - giving players more flexibility in how they interact with the world and at the same time de-emphasizing hostile contact with other players.

Full update article here. All of this is coming in some "Spring Update" with no actual date attached. It's nice that they're willing to make these changes, though most of the original design choices really shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Are people still playing? I just started this week and.... It's pretty good so far. Haven't been griefed and I'm having fun just roaming and completing missions. Wish there was some voices, but gesturing to NPCs is passable.

Would love to join a posse.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Are people still playing? I just started this week and.... It's pretty good so far. Haven't been griefed and I'm having fun just roaming and completing missions. Wish there was some voices, but gesturing to NPCs is passable.

Would love to join a posse.

I play once or twice a week it's not very popular here on Resetera I'm excited for the next update though it looks promising. I mostly play early in the morning but sometimes I'm around in the evening if I'm off if you're on PS4 I'd be down to group up. I'd play more if I knew anyone else that played but all my friends quit and my wife doesn't think it's fun so I mostly just hunt and pvp I'm still pretty low level only 25 I think but next update I'm planning on playing alot more.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I'm on ps4

Also, why does my horse bonding reset even within a same play session? Why does my map markings for plants and animals get erased? Is there a way to hard save? It sure hard saves my money and weapons and clothes I buy...

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on ps4

Also, why does my horse bonding reset even within a same play session? Why does my map markings for plants and animals get erased? Is there a way to hard save? It sure hard saves my money and weapons and clothes I buy...

If you wanna group up sometime I'll message you my PSN Id I don't like posting it in public. It's just a glitch what's important is your horse level which is what matters because it gives your horse extra health and stamina. I don't think so but after playing for awhile you'll have a good idea of where to look for flowers and animals most of the animal spawns are the same as in single player. If you wanna hurt small animals head into Tall Trees and if you wanna hunt Bison they are on the plains between Valentine and Rhodes.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I just started, only had time to make my character and do the first few bits. I'm wondering if there any tips I should know?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I just started, only had time to make my character and do the first few bits. I'm wondering if there any tips I should know?

If you want money, play through the online story missions. There aren't that many, and you get a decent payout by the end of it.
Weapon wise I'd prioritize saving up for a varmint rifle for small game and birds, and an actual rifle (bolt action is probably the obvious choice, but something with a scope can be useful, and not many people carry one) for alligators.
I don't know if the in game economy has changed lately, but shooting heron on the east coast just north of Saint Denis, across from the island prison, and hunting alligator or bison, and selling what you get from them, was the best way to make money.

Also, make sure you loot corpses whenever you can. You get hardly anything from them, but it will add up.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
If you want money, play through the online story missions. There aren't that many, and you get a decent payout by the end of it.
Weapon wise I'd prioritize saving up for a varmint rifle for small game and birds, and an actual rifle (bolt action is probably the obvious choice, but something with a scope can be useful, and not many people carry one) for alligators.
I don't know if the in game economy has changed lately, but shooting heron on the east coast just north of Saint Denis, across from the island prison, and hunting alligator or bison, and selling what you get from them, was the best way to make money.

Also, make sure you loot corpses whenever you can. You get hardly anything from them, but it will add up.

Good stuff, thanks!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How thr fuck has thr multiplayer been out this long and they still don't have free aim or soft lock lobbies?
Why the fuck do rockstar games even default to hardlock? Does anyone enjoy that?

Why are there so many arbitrary rank locked items?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
So now that Red Dead Online is out of Beta, is there a new thread, or are we continuing with this one?

I'm keen to hear impressions on the new story missions that were added in the patch last night.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
So now that Red Dead Online is out of Beta, is there a new thread, or are we continuing with this one?

I'm keen to hear impressions on the new story missions that were added in the patch last night.

I dunno someone on another thread was talking about making an OT but I dunno if anyone actually is. I can't wait to do the story missions I did a bunch of dynamic events yesterday and it was really fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if it's been asked and answered, does anyone know if the control settings from the new online patch are in the single player as well?

And is free roam still a case of anyone can kill anyone without having to request it first?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if it's been asked and answered, does anyone know if the control settings from the new online patch are in the single player as well?

And is free roam still a case of anyone can kill anyone without having to request it first?

You can go into defensive mode and people wont be able to one shot you and get a big hostility bonus if they kill you you're gonna get ganked but most people will leave you alone and the griefers are giant red dots so you'll know if someone is gonna be a problem before they get close.

Oct 29, 2017
So this update totally broke this shit for me.

I played one of the new story missions, beat it, then the game booted me from the server and put me in an empty server. Then I tried getting a mission from 'The Kid', which I accepted, then all the sudden it reset, no mission marker.

I then went out into the snow area (I cant be bothered remembering the name) to get a mission from a bandito in a shack. I accepted the mission....then couldnt leave the shack because the door was locked. Thankfully I had some dynamite and blew myself up. So I do the mission (where you have to track down people to kill) I finished it, got the XP, then all the sudden the mission glitched and totally reset like I never did it at all. WTF.

I ran into more glitches in an hour of gameplay than I have the entire rest of the time playing RDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.