• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
So this update totally broke this shit for me.

I played one of the new story missions, beat it, then the game booted me from the server and put me in an empty server. Then I tried getting a mission from 'The Kid', which I accepted, then all the sudden it reset, no mission marker.

I then went out into the snow area (I cant be bothered remembering the name) to get a mission from a bandito in a shack. I accepted the mission....then couldnt leave the shack because the door was locked. Thankfully I had some dynamite and blew myself up. So I do the mission (where you have to track down people to kill) I finished it, got the XP, then all the sudden the mission glitched and totally reset like I never did it at all. WTF.

I ran into more glitches in an hour of gameplay than I have the entire rest of the time playing RDO.

Yikes.

Anyone else having similar issues? was gonna redownload RDR2 to try this but... if it's this buggy no thanks.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
So if I started the online portion with a buddy, is it easily playable through the entire thing?
The online and story modes are separate, with no real crossover. There's no co-op in the story mode.

The online mode does have what they call 'story' missions, but they're specific to online and don't relate to the actual story mode (i.e. single player).

The story missions in online can be played as many times as you like, with whoever you like. You can use the quick join option to join random story missions. If you're doing your own story missions (i.e. going to the story mission markers on the map) the first time, you do play through them in order, but again it can be with anyone, and in between you can join other people's random story missions as often as you like (whether they're missions you've unlocked or not).

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Does the final mission of this new set of story missions have a big payout, like the Fort Mercer mission?

I wouldn't mind just accumulating as much money as I can. I already have my character's costume finished thanks to the first set of missions, and the giveaways during the beta (just need to hit a higher level for the shoes), and other than buying an Evans Repeater and making a permanent posse, there's not really much else I really want to buy, except maybe customising my guns, but I know a lot of the cool stuff there is tied behind gold.

Also, what's a good, cheap option for warm clothing? A lot of the warm coats are really late unlocks, and this is the one thing I'm really missing.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Does the final mission of this new set of story missions have a big payout, like the Fort Mercer mission?

I wouldn't mind just accumulating as much money as I can. I already have my character's costume finished thanks to the first set of missions, and the giveaways during the beta (just need to hit a higher level for the shoes), and other than buying an Evans Repeater and making a permanent posse, there's not really much else I really want to buy, except maybe customising my guns, but I know a lot of the cool stuff there is tied behind gold.

Also, what's a good, cheap option for warm clothing? A lot of the warm coats are really late unlocks, and this is the one thing I'm really missing.

Gloves make almost every outfit go up a warmth rank add a scarf if the coat isn't heavy enough and I bet that wool hat they added is pretty warm too dunno how much it costs though.

I played for almost 5 hours today and I did 7 random events 2 ambushes and during that time I looted two treasure maps that's pretty good considering I used to go hours without shooting at anything but deer. The servers are trashed through me and my girlfriend crashed 4 times total today.

Oh and something funny happened today I went to an event and some grifer showed up and started shooting at me I shot him he left the server and came back with his friend and then me and a bunch of other blue dots ganged up on them until they left the server.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Gloves make almost every outfit go up a warmth rank add a scarf if the coat isn't heavy enough and I bet that wool hat they added is pretty warm too dunno how much it costs though.

I played for almost 5 hours today and I did 7 random events 2 ambushes and during that time I looted two treasure maps that's pretty good considering I used to go hours without shooting at anything but deer. The servers are trashed through me and my girlfriend crashed 4 times total today.

Ah, I forgot about wearing a scarf. I'll have to buy one.

Oct 29, 2017
Yikes.

Anyone else having similar issues? was gonna redownload RDR2 to try this but... if it's this buggy no thanks.

Just to add to this, tried playing again this morning. Buggy...buggy as fuck. I accept a mission from an NPC then nothing happens for about a minute...then the mission finally activates. I finish the mission...the game crashes. Enemies are dying...then reappearing. Im getting the red 'x' kill marker on enemies as well and they will get back up.

This is a disaster.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It feels like there is always one person in poker that always wins. Every game I play has that one guy that lucks out with every hand. I had one game where one guy won over a dozen hands in a row. Right when you think you got it, the last card goes down and the dude miraculously gets a two pair.

If this were reality, this would be grounds for accusations of cheating. Take you out back and beat you until you admit it.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Just to add to this, tried playing again this morning. Buggy...buggy as fuck. I accept a mission from an NPC then nothing happens for about a minute...then the mission finally activates. I finish the mission...the game crashes. Enemies are dying...then reappearing. Im getting the red 'x' kill marker on enemies as well and they will get back up.

This is a disaster.

It's the servers getting swamped I played this morning from 5 AM to almost 10 AM and from 5-9 it was fine around 9:30 I started crashing and gave up for the day. It's happening on PS4 and Xbox.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
So is there a reason why this game seems to never let you respawn next to or on your fuckin' horse? It's really not very fun when every time you die you have to go through the onslaught of horse riders more easily poaching you until through sheer luck you finally manage to get to your horse in time to even the odds. Also how do some players kill you so quickly on horseback when it always takes me AT LEAST five or six shots to even injure anyone enough to stop shooting?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So is there a reason why this game seems to never let you respawn next to or on your fuckin' horse? It's really not very fun when every time you die you have to go through the onslaught of horse riders more easily poaching you until through sheer luck you finally manage to get to your horse in time to even the odds. Also how do some players kill you so quickly on horseback when it always takes me AT LEAST five or six shots to even injure anyone enough to stop shooting?

They aim for the head.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Headshots are pretty much always one shot kills, so they might be hitting you like that.

There's also an ability card thaf increases your damage while horseback.

And there's a deadeye ability card that reduces damage taken while DE is active.

Could've been a combo of any of these!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you combine multiple damage increasing ability cards, with a high damaging rifle and express rounds, even a body shot can be a one shot kill.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The game seems to be running better only crashed once and played for almost 3 hours. I also did a ton of stranger missions and hit level 30 and people only messed with two stranger missions.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the Summer update is coming out soon (I'd wager 2 weeks). R* posted a new article detailing a bunch of the features the first 3 roles, Bounty Hunter, Trader, Collector, will have.

Bounty Hunter:
Become a Bounty Hunter for a life of constant action on both sides of the law. A licensed Bounty Hunter can track down targets and capture – or kill, depending on how honorable you are in your pursuits. Occasionally, a nearby player with a high enough bounty can also be a designated target. Progression will unlock special items like a reinforced lasso for extra-tough targets, as well as intricate gun-spinning tricks and advanced tracking skills like the ability to use Eagle-Eye while sprinting, galloping on horseback and many other special skills, items and upgrades.

Trader:
The life of a Trader is perfect for burgeoning capitalists as you establish and develop a business from your Camp. Thanks to your trusty companion Cripps' knowledge of furs, skins and butchery, you'll be able to take on new opportunities to collect materials and produce valuable goods to sell. Increasing your skill as a Trader unlocks the ability to upgrade your Camp with a Weapons Locker, Stew Pot and even allow any canine companion to warn of impending attacks on the camp. As your business expands, you can gain new skills, improve your satchel or add new assets to your business like hunting wagons to bring in bigger hauls and much more.

Collector:
A Collector loves to explore the world for rare and valuable items. Look for a mystic travelling saleswoman in the wild to get started down the Collector's path, searching for lost jewelry, rare arrowheads and other treasures to sell as individual pieces or highly valuable sets. As you progress, you will gain access to tools that help your search including Refined Binoculars, a Horse Lantern and even a Metal Detector, as well as gaining additional skills to help you seek and discover the world's greatest rarities.

And some more general info about the upcoming update:
Substantial, across the board changes are being made to combat and movement to allow for a more responsive control system that still feels natural. Additional damage reduction to Defensive players is also on the horizon, and the game will now remember your preferred playing style (Offensive or Defensive) when you exit and relaunch the game. There will also be many more lootable items to be found throughout the world, like containers on wagons or the occasional Gold Tooth on an unfortunate soul.

The next Red Dead Online update will also feature the ability to reset your character's appearance and much, much more.

On paper this sounds like a crazy good update. Really excited to see the gun spinning for the bounty hunter and the freakin' weapons locker!!

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Really interested in those combat/control changes.

I hope they tone down the auto aim for pvp or just add free aim servers. I really wish they'd sell a guns of online mode dlc pack for single player I really wanna finish the epiolgoue but I love my Lemat Revolvers and Evans Repeater too much to play without them.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I really like how Collector sounds in this. I'm not a fan of the combat in this game and it felt like exploration was the best part.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
I'm gonna redownload the game kinda miss it really, Anyways can I change my guys look without restarting because if I remember correctly he was fug as hell like I dunno how to describe him....

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna redownload the game kinda miss it really, Anyways can I change my guys look without restarting because if I remember correctly he was fug as hell like I dunno how to describe him....

The update is letting you customize your character just gotta wait we might hear the release date on Monday Take Two has an investor meeting that day and at the last one they announced the date for the spring update. But if you're like level 20 or below and don't have alot of cash shop stuff you could restart now they updated the character creator in the spring update Ii you restart you'll keep your cash and gold.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
The update is letting you customize your character just gotta wait we might hear the release date on Monday Take Two has an investor meeting that day and at the last one they announced the date for the spring update. But if you're like level 20 or below and don't have alot of cash shop stuff you could restart now they updated the character creator in the spring update Ii you restart you'll keep your cash and gold.
If I restart will I have to go through the missions again?. I really don't want to I just wanna change his face lol.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
If I restart will I have to go through the missions again?. I really don't want to I just wanna change his face lol.

You will the intro is the longest part I think it's like 5 missions and the story missions will all give first time payout again for money and xp technically all you have to do is the intro missions . I also wanna change my face but I found a way around that by using a giant mustache to make my radioactive Ben Affleck chin look smaller.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
You will the intro is the longest part I think it's like 5 missions and the story missions will all give first time payout again for money and xp technically all you have to do is the intro missions . I also wanna change my face but I found a way around that by using a giant mustache to make my radioactive Ben Affleck chin look smaller.
xD Guess ill look at it when the game downloads and if I can't fix his face might as well cover it up.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
xD Guess ill look at it when the game downloads and if I can't fix his face might as well cover it up.

It fucking sucks but at least now I have Lemmy from Motorheads beard so things could have ended up worse my characters age could have been put to 100. If you can find a crew to play with I joined one I found on Reddit yesterday and everyone is like level 160+ it's like having free roam pool floaties no ones gonna gank me with my 160 bodyguards with stacks of explosive ammo and dynamite arrows.

Plus I get like 5 times as much xp and make a ton of money now because they wait in the safe zone during missions for last second turn ins so I'm getting 15-20 something bucks a mission plus whatever I make hunting.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing as this update is coming within the next few weeks, I'd highly suggest waiting on the appearance change to be added. Till then, put on a bandana or a full mask! :)

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
My new crew likes to gank people today they picked a fight with two level 30s and a level 14 after both the 30s left the session they chased the level 14 through the swamps almost into Rhodes. And then they were talking about how people exaggerate being griefed I was like yeah but you guys griefed someone today they were using explosive ammo on level 30s there was like 6 of them. They also take pvp in this game really serious which makes me glad I didn't describe pvp in this game like I normally do which is babies first third person shooter.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
My new crew likes to gank people today they picked a fight with two level 30s and a level 14 after both the 30s left the session they chased the level 14 through the swamps almost into Rhodes. And then they were talking about how people exaggerate being griefed I was like yeah but you guys griefed someone today they were using explosive ammo on level 30s there was like 6 of them. They also take pvp in this game really serious which makes me glad I didn't describe pvp in this game like I normally do which is babies first third person shooter.
Ouch. Is this crew on Xbox or PS4?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Ouch. Is this crew on Xbox or PS4?

PS4 they are nice enough just super try hards and they get really pissy when you don't care about pvp some dude attacked me and the stranger mission had like ten minutes left. So I was goofing off spamming emotes and getting killed alot while I waited for my horse to come back and this dude got super pissed and called me a scrub for dying to someone lower level.

I play this game for cowboy dress up I don't wanna go pro in the auto aim baby league. I dunno if I'll stay I like them outside of the game but they can be real bullies in game like outside the game they are just a nice bunch of people that like posting pet pics but in game they are freaking psychos. They also like shooting each other ALOT.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh my guy looking super fug lmao I don't even know what I was thinking.

Welcome to the club I should have rerolled the day the spring update came out I hate hate hate hate how my character looks now. He's got these weird eye brows that look so awful I'm pretty sure he's glitched to have make up on them as well.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
Welcome to the club I should have rerolled the day the spring update came out I hate hate hate hate how my character looks now. He's got these weird eye brows that look so awful I'm pretty sure he's glitched to have make up on them as well.
LOL I'll post a Pic of his face when I get back home I dunno he just looks super weird like his eyes have this blackness around them and looking like his on drugs.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
LOL that's why I wanna change his face I dunno wtf happened he looks sick or on drugs lmao.
There's a chance you got hit by the Beta Skin Bug.

It's a bug that happened completely out of nowhere to people that had characters when the game was still beta. After one of the updates people hopping on the game just started noticing that their characters started looking hella fugly and NOW the way they made them originally.

My character, luckily, wasn't hit with this, but I know a few people who did get it and it's no bueno.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
There's a chance you got hit by the Beta Skin Bug.

It's a bug that happened completely out of nowhere to people that had characters when the game was still beta. After one of the updates people hopping on the game just started noticing that their characters started looking hella fugly and NOW the way they made them originally.

My character, luckily, wasn't hit with this, but I know a few people who did get it and it's no bueno.

Yeah I have that my character is deformed I'm really considering restarting now that I have a crew to protect me while I'm low level I made a character on my girlfriends alt PSN and he looked so fucking awesome.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got really sick earlier this week and my genius fever idea was to delete my level 65 character. : ( It hurts but I'm planning on binge watching some shows this week while I pvp to get my rank back up.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
I got really sick earlier this week and my genius fever idea was to delete my level 65 character. : ( It hurts but I'm planning on binge watching some shows this week while I pvp to get my rank back up.
Ouch :( well, hopefully the update won't have stuff that's level-locked or behind too high of a level. Good luck!

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Ouch :( well, hopefully the update won't have stuff that's level-locked or behind too high of a level. Good luck!

Already got up to 21 I think I can get to 30 something this week maybe higher if my crew decides to binge play during the weekend. Speaking of crews this game is so much better with one I no longer have to worry about getting ganked and when I do there's 6 other people to help fight off the gankers. Plus they are really nice not toxic or racist or anything bad you would think about that would be bad about a large gaming group.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
It's looking likely now that the Summer content update (with the new Trader, Bounty Hunter, and Collector roles) is coming next Tuesday. This week's bonuses are a continuation of last week's, and they did the exact same thing immediately before the GTAO Casino update dropped. I'm assuming that it's already been submitted for certification and they're just waiting for the rubber stamp.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Got the trophy for hitting Level 50 today, something I never expected to do. Got hooked on doing Daily Challenges and did a LOT of Stranger Missions. Just really enjoy being in this world, it is so beautiful.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Got the trophy for hitting Level 50 today, something I never expected to do. Got hooked on doing Daily Challenges and did a LOT of Stranger Missions. Just really enjoy being in this world, it is so beautiful.

It's a very well crafted world it's fun to roam around but those stranger missions get old fast I got to level 65 before it started getting unbearably boring hoping the summer update is this week so I can enjoy the game again.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
It'll be interesting to see if we get the big Summer update tonight, and what the buy in costs will be for the new stuff. I have $1300 and 60 gold bars set aside, but I have no idea if that will be enough or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.