• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Definitely weird and creepy, but something like this happened before. There was a glitch where people or soemthing would have weird glowing eyes (like a creepy zombie) around Halloween and it amounted to nothing.

I can only hope

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
This has happened every year.

Jumping to compare it to a full fledge single player DLC and not just an RDO pvp mode is lunacy and setting yourself up for tears.

It's pure click bait.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess an online event is the most we can get but man how amazing would it be to have Arthur fight a zombie plague

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Halloween multiplayer event is my best guess. Single player dlc from the current rockstar? Lol come on we know that ain't happening

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the halloween RDO stuff has been pretty cool, at least.

still so much more they could be doing, though.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
They've got a Halloween Pass coming. Probably something as simple as a handful of event missions. People thinking Rockstar gives a shit about RDO is cute though, and I say that as someone who has like 700 hours in it.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Even if its real, its just going to be a RDO Add on.

The day of rockstar DLC's of BOGT and LAD are gone

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Ironically Rockstar will do another singleplayer expansion DLC when the dead walk the earth

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's presumptuous, it's likely some lower effort Red Dead Online thing.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
That would be a nice surprise, but based on how Rockstar has been treating RDO it's very unlikely. At most they might add zombies to the existing survival mode.

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
Guys, at this point the standard assumption should be that it's RDO related. No single player DLC will ever come from Rockstar again.

8+ years and I'm still waiting to be proven wrong

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Kinda looks like a corpse (maybe a Skinner victim) just playing the animations of one of the NPC types, like the Butcher Creek NPCs or some of the sick characters in St Denis

Modders have done it before with plenty of the weird corpse models.

Whilst I would love and Undead Nightmare 2, the idea of current Rockstar doing any SP content is kinda funny. In a sad way.

In fact, the idea of current Rockstar even doing any actual content for RDR online is kinda funny.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Is RDO worth getting into now? How would people that play it describe it? Like, totally sandbox? Are there dailies you can do every day? Enough story to keep you going? Really want to play more Red Dead, just would probably be solo goofing off and don't want to waste time.

Oct 27, 2017
It will be an online game mode at best. Probably the survival mode (which was great in the original).

Very much doubt they will do a SP dlc.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would anyone assume this would lead to single player DLC? Delusional

OP
OP
Cookie

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Is RDO worth getting into now? How would people that play it describe it? Like, totally sandbox? Are there dailies you can do every day? Enough story to keep you going? Really want to play more Red Dead, just would probably be solo goofing off and don't want to waste time.

I've been playing it since the end of last year when they released it as a standalone game. It's really awesome. I've put hundreds of hours into it over the three different platforms. There are different roles to play that each have a lot of content and there's plenty to do even as a solo player. The daily challenges are good for having a variety of things to do daily, the outlaw passes give regular updates of content to work towards to. I'd say now is an excellent time to get into it because there's so much content for new players.

OP
OP
Cookie

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Report your thread and change that bad title @OP

lol the thread title is the article title. The article says this is most likely to be a Red Dead Online thing. Hell, even the title says Red Dead Online, not Red Dead Redemption 2. I've no idea why people are assuming this would be single player content.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
This DLC with a PS5 patch would be perfect. Unfortunately, I doubt either are happening.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing it since the end of last year when they released it as a standalone game. It's really awesome. I've put hundreds of hours into it over the three different platforms. There are different roles to play that each have a lot of content and there's plenty to do even as a solo player. The daily challenges are good for having a variety of things to do daily, the outlaw passes give regular updates of content to work towards to. I'd say now is an excellent time to get into it because there's so much content for new players.
Thanks! I initially played on X1X but have a very powerful PC now and own the game there, so might just jump in. Kind of been looking for an MMO replacement (and while I know this is NOT a MMO) and feel like a sprawling open thing like this might work!

OP
OP
Cookie

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! I initially played on X1X but have a very powerful PC now and own the game there, so might just jump in. Kind of been looking for an MMO replacement (and while I know this is NOT a MMO) and feel like a sprawling open thing like this might work!

That's exactly what I love about the game! It's incredible on PC. I currently play on PS5 these days because I prefer to leave my PC mining but the game is so much better on PC. It's truly incredible.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
A similar thing happened last year and nothing came out of it.

My guess if there is really something it's that it will be only a weekly event coming with the new Halloween Pass.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
coop zombie survival mode would be amazing, that engine and controls with how deliberate everything is omg yes plz.