• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Trader seems to have the most generally beneficial shit for your RDO experience, but it unfortunately feels like the biggest slog of the three roles to level. At some point you will end up in a period of time where you're waiting to actually gain XP, and even then, the delivery missions offers a measly amount of XP, with distant delivery differing very little in their money and XP rewards. Even stranger, the resupply missions offer way more XP than the actual trading. How does that make sense? Maybe because it actually involves more than just riding a wagon from point A to point B, but the distant delivery should at least be more rewarding considering its time consuming and very risky when in an active session.

Collector leveling flies by because that shit is everywhere. Bounty Hunter is a grind, but at least there are always bounties available to keep the grind consistent. Trader? Bleh. At least it's fun to attack another player while they're on a trade mission. I once destroyed someone's wagon and all of their shit fell out. I kept killing the dude over and over again while other players came by and we all snagged his shit. Pretty funny.

Anyway, I've completed Collector and Bounty Hunter and I'll be easing off of the game a bit. Play once a day just to quickly do a challenge to keep the spree going. Overall, I love where RDO is going. It's so easy to get absorbed that you may just spend a good portion of your day playing without realizing it. Looking forward to next season.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
At least it's fun to attack another player while they're on a trade mission. I once destroyed someone's wagon and all of their shit fell out. I kept killing the dude over and over again while other players came by and we all snagged his shit. Pretty funny.
If you find it funny to ruin three and a half hours of someone's progress in the game then I don't know what to say.

I'll be easing off of the game a bit.
Sounds like great news for everybody.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you find it funny to ruin three and a half hours of someone's progress in the game then I don't know what to say.

Sounds like great news for everybody.

The distant delivery is specifically designed for player attacks to take place Says so just before doing it. High risk, high reward. Otherwise you're getting rewarded for just mashing the X/A button across the map. If someone wants to not take that risk, there is the alternative local delivery option.

Sorry, bud. I ain't gonna feel bad for playing something the way it's intended.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The distant delivery is specifically designed for player attacks to take place Says so just before doing it. High risk, high reward. Otherwise you're getting rewarded for just mashing the X/A button across the map. If someone wants to not take that risk, there is the alternative local delivery option.

You stole from another player and laughed about it, I kind of think that makes you the definition of a bad person. How you feel about that is up to you!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Most people don't like trolls/griefers. You only have to read this thread to see that.

An activity that endorses other players to attack another for a reward ain't griefing, it's purposefully designed that way.

Now, if I was to hogtie someone who was minding their own business while fishing and commence to throw them into the river and watch them drown for shits in giggles, that would be griefing. That is done purely out of malice. Not that I've ever done that. At all. Nope.

But partaking in an activity designed for PVP ain't griefing. Sorry, bud. You do distance delivery, it's rightfully open season. Either don't do it or make an effort to fight back. That's the beauty of this game. You got options as to how you wanna play.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
An activity that endorses other players to attack another for a reward ain't griefing, it's purposefully designed that way.

Now, if I was to hogtie someone who was minding their own business while fishing and commence to throw them into the river and watch them drown for shits in giggles, that would be griefing. That is done purely out of malice. Not that I've ever done that. At all. Nope.

But partaking in an activity designed for PVP ain't griefing. Sorry, bud. You do distance delivery, it's rightfully open season. Either don't do it or make an effort to fight back. That's the beauty of this game. You got options as to how you wanna play.
The griefing part is doing it for your own amusement, not for any reward. You enjoyed ruining someone else's day. Unless you were simply trying to steal materials to try and get your own sale going sooner... but your post implied that that was clearly not what you were doing.

As to the bolded, well... yeah. 'Nuff said.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
New legendary bounty is up:

image0.jpg

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Picked it up again last night, and I'm pleasantly surprised to have enjoyed myself quite a bit. Started the trader and collector stuff, but holding off on my bounty hunter stuff until the free licence I've claimed from Twitch Prime actually kicks in. Apparently it can take up to a week? :|

Even played a few matches of the weird tomahawk battle royale thing and it wasn't half bad. Very rarely killed anyone, but usually placed top 3 anyway.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the Salvage free roam mission and I was very confused until I realized most of the collectibles were outside of the highlighted area. Why?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The new legendary bounty was good and seems like it should be doable solo quite easily. You don't need to use your bounty wagon (on the initial levels anyway) because you can bring each bounty in individually.

Finally got the Salvage free roam mission and I was very confused until I realized most of the collectibles were outside of the highlighted area. Why?
It's weird, they start inside but then start spawning further away, just keep an eye out for the white pulsating dots (like free roam random events).

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
The new legendary bounty was good and seems like it should be doable solo quite easily. You don't need to use your bounty wagon (on the initial levels anyway) because you can bring each bounty in individually.

It's weird, they start inside but then start spawning further away, just keep an eye out for the white pulsating dots (like free roam random events).

Ohhhh, man, I thought those white dots were other random events popping up (like sometimes happens when doing a Stranger mission) so I was ignoring them. Now I know for next time. Thank you!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The griefing part is doing it for your own amusement, not for any reward. You enjoyed ruining someone else's day. Unless you were simply trying to steal materials to try and get your own sale going sooner... but your post implied that that was clearly not what you were doing.

As to the bolded, well... yeah. 'Nuff said.

Well, if you didn't know my assumed intents and implications, and technically it's all kind of just guesswork on your part, technically I am kind of right.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
"All those who take to the frontier this week will qualify for a gift of RDO$200 just for playing Red Dead Online, while completing any Role Free Roam Event like the new Condor event yields an exclusive red and black colorway of the Fuentes Poncho. As an added bonus, Bounty Hunters who successfully bring The Owlhoot Family to justice by October 7th will be rewarded with a bonus of 5 Tomahawks.

Red Dead Online players who have enabled 2-Step Verification on their Social Club accounts will receive a bonus 2,000 Club XP, as well as an exclusive tint of a brand new clothing item - the dashing yet practical Morales Vest. All gifts should arrive within 48 hours of logging in to Red Dead Online."

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands

Yeah for sure but please don't tell me you threw a dynamite or anything just to destroy the wagon. I can't stand folk who go cheap like that!!! Grrr. I haven't done a high risk delivery in ages just because of that fact.

Quick dynamite! Booom! Bravo.....

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah for sure but please don't tell me you threw a dynamite or anything just to destroy the wagon. I can't stand folk who go cheap like that!!! Grrr. I haven't done a high risk delivery in ages just because of that fact.

Quick dynamite! Booom! Bravo.....

Nah, the dynamite just sort of slipped out. You know how it is, that weapon wheel is a slippery thing.

I haven't attempted a legendary bounty before, do I have to be a certain rank in Bounty Hunter to access them?

I don't think so, but having some higher rank bounty hunter gear like the enforced lasso and bounty hunter wagon is almost necessary to do some of them.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to complete the legendary bounty pretty easily with my partner. First ever bounty and I got 3/4 of them in alive. I know you can try it again on harder difficulties but I was still surprised how straightforward it was.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I was able to complete the legendary bounty pretty easily with my partner. First ever bounty and I got 3/4 of them in alive. I know you can try it again on harder difficulties but I was still surprised how straightforward it was.
Yeah it's way easier to solo than the Wolfman, where you were up to your armpits in instaspawned wolves the second you got off your horse.

On the harder difficulties my advice is not to let down your guard until the very, very end.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Collector seems alright for XP and even better for money. I did a complete sweep of the map, thanks to this, and gained 18 Levels in about 6 hours.

Gotta be honest, the activity itself is pretty boring, but at least I can watch streams while collecting. Just want to get to 50, because that's tied to the only achievement that I'm still missing. Don't even care about the money and also don't know what to do with it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Collecting is my favorie activity, especially with the Metal Detector. It's incredibly relaxing, lucrative, and spurs that free-form sense of discovery & adventure RDR2 does better than anything. I stumble on so many cool sights & secrets I hadn't seen before. Random interactions with other players that range from tense to hilarious to downright weird. All those systemic/emergent moments of beauty, insanity, or surprise that come with slow paced exploration and just letting this brilliant world happen around you. It's sublime.

I like to plot out a route on the map using Madam Nazar intel, manually marking potential points of interest, or a combination of both. Or sometimes I just set off with no plan whatsoever and see where the breeze takes me. If I come across bounties or free roam missions along the way that make sense for my character, I'll sprinkle them in as well.

Wandering about is how I spent most my time in the game anyway. Now doing so l
earns tons of cash & XP. Which great since my character has an expensive fashion habit.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
please let my character transfer to pc

It's not gonna happen, but with all the Role stuff reaching rank 100 again probably shouldn't be too much of a grind. lol

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Gonna second that collector is great, not only for XP and cash, but just encourages my favorite thing about the game - just riding around and exploring. The fact that I can be a treasure hunter in the old west while developing the trader role is awesome.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

It's not gonna happen, but with all the Role stuff reaching rank 100 again probably shouldn't be too much of a grind. lol
Be like V I'd guess, one time transfer.

I wish we had cross-progression, I mean we have a R* social club account for a reason, right?

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any na ps4 posses? I'm getting a little tired of solo. Mostly been doing bh stuff but I recently got trader.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I've found myself really getting into this game with my buddy recently, the newly added progression is really solid and blessedly simple in context of how some confusing these GaaS games have gotten. There's something so damn cool/relaxing about riding around this amazing world with a friend, doing all of the same cool stuff you get to do in the SP but in the multiplayer.

I so badly want SP DLC but if they continue to support Online well... maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
I jumped back into this yesterday after not having played since launch and was pleasantly surprised! They've added a ton of shit to do and I spent a few hours just doing random stranger missions and free roam events.

However, I got absolutely stomped in any pvp. I feel pretty useless with just the evans repeater, which guns should I try and purchase first?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I jumped back into this yesterday after not having played since launch and was pleasantly surprised! They've added a ton of shit to do and I spent a few hours just doing random stranger missions and free roam events.

However, I got absolutely stomped in any pvp. I feel pretty useless with just the evans repeater, which guns should I try and purchase first?

Evans is fine it's just high levels have maxed out ability cards so everyone takes awhile to kill I have all my ability cards maxed out and I just Rambo my way through everything in game.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit you can level up the ability cards?! No wonder I'm getting smoked

Yes you can it's expensive though but worth it once you have all your ability cards leveled your a killing machine. I have a card that restores health when I deal damage and two others that reduce the damage I take and rank 3 paint it black for cheap easy headshots. I think it goes 50 bucks then 350 then 500 it's expensive but it's also easy to make money now I see people on reddit making a couple of thousand dollars in a few hours.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Yes you can it's expensive though but worth it once you have all your ability cards leveled your a killing machine. I have a card that restores health when I deal damage and two others that reduce the damage I take and rank 3 paint it black for cheap easy headshots. I think it goes 50 bucks then 350 then 500 it's expensive but it's also easy to make money now I see people on reddit making a couple of thousand dollars in a few hours.
Yep. I believe it's 10,000 XP with the card equipped to unlock level 2 for purchase, and 15,000 XP for level 3. You can't use gold for cards either, only cash.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Update is here:

The Legendary Bounty:
The anarchist agitator and former military sharpshooter Sergio Vincenza is this week's Legendary Bounty. Since defecting from the military, Vincenza has been on the run and his accuracy with a rifle has passed into the stuff of legends. The glint of sunshine reflecting off his scope is said to be a grim harbinger and an omen of death.

His last major operation was a botched assassination attempt on the Governor of Saint Denis, and he is rumored to be holed up in the fire tower at Roanoke Ridge. But beware: Vincenza's men are highly-trained ex-military who are said to have rigged the hills with traps and explosives. Approach with considerable caution.

Completing the Sergio Vincenza Legendary Bounty will land you an exclusive colorway of the Inglett Scarf and 100 rounds of Express Rifle Ammo within 24 hours of completion.

Sounds like it could be tough.

Other stuff:
  • Wheeler, Rawson & Co. has a new selection of clothing available for a limited time only, including the Folwell and Dillehay Hats, the eye-catching Prieto Poncho, Eberhart Coat, and the stylish combo of the Morales Vest and Carver Pants.
  • For seasoned players looking to test their nerve, a tense survival match awaits with this week's featured Free Aim series, Name Your Weapon. Compete in teams and Free-For-All variants; the more difficult the weapon you use to fell your opponent, the more points you earn.
  • This week, wandering saleswoman Madam Nazar is seeking the Naturalists Collection. Acquire the Cherrywood Comb, Egret Egg and Bitterweed, and deliver all three to her for a healthy remittance.
  • There are plenty of additional rewards on offer this week, including 5,000 Club XP simply for playing Red Dead Online and 30% extra Character and Role XP for all Role missions, challenges and events.
  • PlayStation Plus members who log into Red Dead Online between October 8 and November 4 will receive an exclusive tint of the Killiman Vest within 24 hours of logging in.

But also, log into GTA Online between October 10th and December 12th of time to get this mask:
a54c3bda5897a88eb01564dcaefacbffcef5e071.jpg

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to start Bounty Hunter since it's on sale and I can't see it being my main role but the elusives targ...eh, legendary bounties are cool though. 30% XP bonus is gonna make this an active week.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
New Story Mode weapons

• M1899 Pistol: All-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
  • Evans Repeater: High capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
  • High Roller Revolver: Ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
  • Le Mat Revolver: Powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
New Story Mode horses

• Warped Brindle Arabian: A fast and agile mount.
  • Few Spot Appaloosa: Beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys.
  • Perlino Andalusian: A healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only).
  • Red Chestnut Arabian: A fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only).
  • Plus 3 new wild horse variations: Keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker.

New Mission 'To The Ends of The Earth'

Collect requested herbs for a range of rewards.

5 new trinkets

• Hawk Talon: Permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
  • Cat Eye: Permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
  • Shark Tooth: Permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
  • Turtle Shell: Permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
  • Crow Beak: Permanently increases looted ammo by 10%

EVANS REPEATER COMING TO SINGLE PLAYER WOOOOOOOOO

Now I wonder if we'll get an option to use the slicker RDO controls...

And 5 brand new missions where you play as Sadie :)

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I've had it in my wardrobe since 1.11.
New Story Mode weapons

• M1899 Pistol: All-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
  • Evans Repeater: High capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
  • High Roller Revolver: Ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
  • Le Mat Revolver: Powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
New Story Mode horses

• Warped Brindle Arabian: A fast and agile mount.
  • Few Spot Appaloosa: Beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys.
  • Perlino Andalusian: A healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only).
  • Red Chestnut Arabian: A fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only).
  • Plus 3 new wild horse variations: Keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker.

New Mission 'To The Ends of The Earth'

Collect requested herbs for a range of rewards.

5 new trinkets

• Hawk Talon: Permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
  • Cat Eye: Permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
  • Shark Tooth: Permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
  • Turtle Shell: Permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
  • Crow Beak: Permanently increases looted ammo by 10%

EVANS REPEATER COMING TO SINGLE PLAYER WOOOOOOOOO

Now I wonder if we'll get an option to use the slicker RDO controls...

And 5 brand new missions where you play as Sadie :)
Source?

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Did the new Legendary Bounty last night. I didn't see the "traps and explosives" mentioned in the description, but maybe that's on higher difficulties. Having him post up in a sniper tower was neat, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.