• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
You can buy the outlaw pass items for a gold per rank too bad all that stuff is glued together junk.

I was surprised how quickly I blew through the Outlaw pass. Before I got it, I was already halfway through by only playing for a couple weekends. With the XP boost, I got to the end and earned all my gold back in no time. I wonder if the next one will be more expensive/slower paced.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I was surprised how quickly I blew through the Outlaw pass. Before I got it, I was already halfway through by only playing for a couple weekends. With the XP boost, I got to the end and earned all my gold back in no time. I wonder if the next one will be more expensive/slower paced.

Now that they are offering the option to buy ranks it's pretty much guaranteed to be harder to level. Rockstar will do anything to get money except add stuff people actually want to buy

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I like the Cordell outfit you get at 70 on the outlaw pass, but it's bugged so you can only change out of it at a wardrobe.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
People on Reddit are saying the no animal bug is fixed but I dunno seemed better but not like it used to be. Red Dead is my favorite chill out game I just goof off for a few hours and don't really do much it's just nice to play a game that's not really competitive at all.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
People on Reddit are saying the no animal bug is fixed but I dunno seemed better but not like it used to be. Red Dead is my favorite chill out game I just goof off for a few hours and don't really do much it's just nice to play a game that's not really competitive at all.

Same, it's the game I like to boot up when my wife has gone to bed, have a couple beers and do random shit.

My problem is I always "Save" the co-op stuff to play with friends, but inevitably my friends end up not being available or launching it, so the story stuff is sitting there unfinished for me. THe one night my friends and I set aside time to play, my wife woke our infant daughter up being stupid and I had to quit, I was pissed.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Same, it's the game I like to boot up when my wife has gone to bed, have a couple beers and do random shit.

My problem is I always "Save" the co-op stuff to play with friends, but inevitably my friends end up not being available or launching it, so the story stuff is sitting there unfinished for me. THe one night my friends and I set aside time to play, my wife woke our infant daughter up being stupid and I had to quit, I was pissed.

It's so relaxing sometimes I hunt other times I look for treasure or get into random fist fights with npcs I find along the road. I really enjoy playing when my girlfriend is at wor and I'm off during the week I just put on my headset and listen to the music and the sound of the horses hooves on the road it's like I'm in the game.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting I wonder if it's a subtle change to try to fix the posse/camp loading issues, where they can never create camps in populated regions because there's too many active camps there. Like I feel like it's very difficult to load a camp in Roanoke Ridge.

Seems like it was just a glitch. I played last night and the idle time kick is back to 15 minutes.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Was tired of hording all my Collector's $$$ so I dropped like $3000 and finally upgraded my camp which completely stock despite my character being lvl 70. Even got a dog. Feels good, the campfire upgrade is a game changer.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
What makes the camp fire a game changer?

also, what do dogs do? Can you hunt with them?

Speeds up cooking/crafting times significantly. It's a little steep @ $500, but I have more cash than I know what to do with now that all my ability cards are maxed.

Nah, the dog just serves a camp companion. Greets you when you return, shits, etc..

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I wish that Red Dead Online / Rockstar Social Club synced your characters between platforms. I'd love to try Red Dead Redemption 2 / Online on Stadia when it launched, but don't feel like having two separate accounts.

I know in the past they let you import a character from PS3/360 -> PS4 / Xbox One / PC, for GTA Online, but I'd still prefer to primarily play on Xbox One X, but then play from time to time on PC/Phone/Tablet/Stadia.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Speeds up cooking/crafting times significantly. It's a little steep @ $500, but I have more cash than I know what to do with now that all my ability cards are maxed.

Nah, the dog just serves a camp companion. Greets you when you return, shits, etc..

Thanks for the info. I saw that one of the upgrades in the Trader role makes your dog able to alert you when your camp is being raided. But I don't really understand that. Do camp raids become a thing once you level up Trader enough?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info. I saw that one of the upgrades in the Trader role makes your dog able to alert you when your camp is being raided. But I don't really understand that. Do camp raids become a thing once you level up Trader enough?

My camp has never been raided but I haven't done any Trader stuff, if it's tied to that.

One time Cripps did give is life fighting off Lawmen that chased me back there, though.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
The last few times I have accepted the invite to the Trade Route free roam event, it loads up and then immediately ends and takes me to the result screen with none of us having done anything. Is this a problem for anyone else?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The last few times I have accepted the invite to the Trade Route free roam event, it loads up and then immediately ends and takes me to the result screen with none of us having done anything. Is this a problem for anyone else?

It happened to me I still got the xp though but none of the materials I've also seen people talking about it on Reddit.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the dog as soon as I could. Wish I could buy a cat too. Maybe they could hunt some varmints for me.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got taken to the cleaners today bought a wagon and a weapons locker and I still gotta buy the hunting wagon and the large wagon ouch.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
How to get Eagle Eye+? I've seen some reports it's glitched but I don't even know wth that is or how to get it.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
About three bounties away from finally maxing out bounty hunter. My goal for all the roles was to get the maxed horse/saddle for each, so hopefully I'll have that done by the end of the day today! Camp is maxed out. Still need to buy the bounty wagon, but then that should be it as far as utilitarian upgrades. The other stuff is all outfits and belt buckles and cosmetics.

Oct 29, 2017
Why is it always that a group of baddies ride up right when you are trying to perform the cluster fuck of picking up a bounty and tossing them on your horse? These animations take a fucking eternity and its ALWAYS the case that baddies show up right in the middle of it; especially when you are trying to get to that sweet spot for the prompt to get the guy on the horse....more often the horse gets scared by the baddies and moves...or straight up runs away and you toss the guy on the ground.

Also, why is it so easy for other players just to run up and choke you or stab you? This game gives griefers so many tools that I wonder why I bother with this shit at all.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
SPeaking of camp raids......

This wasn't a raid, just weird. I'm riding back to my camp on the outskirts of the Grizzlies near Valentine (the other side of the river, technically in the Grizzlies region but close to valentine), and ... 3 red dots are outside my camp, I'm like wtf...

I pull up and it's 3 half-naked people, like mountain men people, who are all fleeing my camp. I managed to tie one of them up and he says something like "OH JUST LET ME DIE PLEASE." So....... I untie him.... and he keeps running......

Was weird.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
SPeaking of camp raids......

This wasn't a raid, just weird. I'm riding back to my camp on the outskirts of the Grizzlies near Valentine (the other side of the river, technically in the Grizzlies region but close to valentine), and ... 3 red dots are outside my camp, I'm like wtf...

I pull up and it's 3 half-naked people, like mountain men people, who are all fleeing my camp. I managed to tie one of them up and he says something like "OH JUST LET ME DIE PLEASE." So....... I untie him.... and he keeps running......

Was weird.
Haha the other day I came back to camp and an NPC was sitting at the campfire telling me to leave his camp. I couldn't stealth kill him (one of the daily challenges was to get stealth kills) so I just let him chill.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I meant online like in a browser on a device other than my Xbox :)

*edit*

This doesn't say when/how you unlock them but it has a list:

It appears you can look at the awards for the roles but not the unlocks themselves.... https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdo/awards/bounty-hunter

But you can check the regular rank unlocks so maybe they will add it later? https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdo/rank

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying the game again on PC because I wanna play this with mods so badly I'm hoping someone makes a survival mod oh and I can actually have a poncho if I just mod it onto my character also hoping to use a custom character during story mode.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Ok... so... after reaching lvl 20 in Collector and Trading I took up Bounty Hunting and then I saw the payouts...

zwscvdjsstq31.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Ok... so... after reaching lvl 20 in Collector and Trading I took up Bounty Hunting and then I saw the payouts...

zwscvdjsstq31.jpg

It is so weird. You spend more time on a bounty to get 1/4th the payout of Collector or Trader. I just hit rank 17 for bounty hunter but maxed out trader and collector like 10 days after the update dropped.

Nice to still have something to do I guess. lol

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Rockstar Instagram ad says 'get more Role specific rewards this week'.

Any idea what that means?

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Rockstar Instagram ad says 'get more Role specific rewards this week'.

Any idea what that means?

From the Rockstar Newswire:

Bounty hunters get 5 tracking arrows
Trader gets 5 potent predator bait and 5 potent herbivore bait
Collectors get 3 collectible coins

and if you complete a Role Daily Challenge 3 days in a row, you get an exclusive tint of the Folwell hat.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Yes your dog will warn you if your camp is about to be raided.

I was decently far away from my camp.
White dot appeared on my map and heard a dog barking. I thought it was a random mutt.

Turns out it was my dog Doofus! Message will prompt about the whole ordeal.
You can fast travel suddenly to assist any posse members. I was alone, but Cripps is considered a posse member as well. He dropped 2 guys when I arrived.

Mission accomplished Camp raid defended. It was pretty dope.

In the future Dogs may accompany missions.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I earned the gun twirl pamphlet from ranking up bounty hunter but I can't open it . Any suggestions? I've already joined a new server and no luck

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I really think they should make fast travel a lot cheaper or free. Was playing with friends who were new to the game and it's a turnoff having to ride literally across the whole map to launch a mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.