• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
currently level 55 with 120 gold bars, more than half of which I got from this amazing daily challenge streak with 2x rewards. i've also spent a fair amount of gold and cash during that time, but i've been holding off lately for this new update tomorrow.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Cannot wait for this update. Finally shaping up to be what I was hoping for. Most eager to see what the control changes are like I think.

Got 79 gold bars saved up so I think I'm gonna get both paid jobs plus the battle pass, should be a good time

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Just to recap:

Bounty Hunter Licence: free to Twitch Prime members who linked their account by last weekend (Twitch Prime is also included with Amazon Prime).

Butcher's Table: free to PS4 players.

Collector's Bag: free to anyone who collected all 54 hidden playing cards in GTA Online.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Do we know if we're getting story mode missions that continue the horley and Jessica laclerk missions those were fun?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So the trader stuff is like the GTA supply missions

Does anyone know where to go to change appearance? My dudes eyes are fucked

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
How do I get the supply wagon as a trader on ps4?

Hit rank 10 and unlock it through the tokens but then you gotta buy it and it aint cheap. This update is expensive as fuck already drained me of almost 900 bucks and 30 gold. I got the shovel for collector and the enhanced lasso for bounty hunting I also got a dog didn't technically need the dog but oh well.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Hit rank 10 and unlock it through the tokens but then you gotta buy it and it aint cheap. This update is expensive as fuck already drained me of almost 900 bucks and 30 gold. I got the shovel for collector and the enhanced lasso for bounty hunting I also got a dog didn't technically need the dog but oh well.
yeah, i thought the tokens were a way to get it without $, but noooope

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I managed to get my trading and collector license going before I had a bit of a medical emergency with my kid that needed to be dealt with (she's fine). Hope to hop back on this new evening and get my bounty license. Still wrapping my head around the new systems and tokens and what not.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Started playing again and just got to level 10. Its pretty fun so far solo and im doing all story missons. But damn i get wrecked in pvp lol.

Im just happy i could change my character appearance, cause i dont know what the i was doing back then.

Alongside my trusted Horsy Callus. Quite happy how she turned out. (Man that was a pain in the ass, nearly spend 40 minutes to adjust the face)

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Still just can't even play the game. Was hoping this update might miraculously make it work.

Immediately hit with the same error (since launch) after the loading is done and kicked back to the menu.

Completely unplayable.

I've port forwarded and reset the cache and whatever other tips I've read online and nothing works.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Hell yeah

Hopefully they fix the streak resetting for people
I notice that when the patch came out they seemed to add a new 7 challenges (NOT the role based ones). Mine showed I'd done 7/14 (because I did the 7 before the patch), so I did one of the new ones too to get to 8/14 and have at least one out of both sets.

I wonder if the people whose streaks reset were people who didn't do any of the first 7, i.e. didn't do any of the initial challenges that appeared between the daily reset time (4pm AEST for me - basically this time right now) and the patch which came about 7 hours later (about 11pm AEST for me).

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I notice that when the patch came out they seemed to add a new 7 challenges (NOT the role based ones). Mine showed I'd done 7/14 (because I did the 7 before the patch), so I did one of the new ones too to get to 8/14 and have at least one out of both sets.

I wonder if the people whose streaks reset were people who didn't do any of the first 7, i.e. didn't do any of the initial challenges that appeared between the daily reset time (4pm AEST for me - basically this time right now) and the patch which came about 7 hours later (about 11pm AEST for me).

I did one of the first 7 before the new update went live... lost my streak :(

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I did one of the first 7 before the new update went live... lost my streak :(
Weird. Today's ones went live about 45 minutes ago. Hopefully my streak didn't reset.

FWIW, today's are:
  1. 0/2 American Muskrats skinned
  2. 0/5 Canned food eaten
  3. 0/4 Cooked Seasoned big game
  4. 0/3 Non-player Maxim gun kills
  5. 0/1 Finish top 3 OR on the winning team in a Showdown
  6. 0/2 Western toads collected
  7. 0/5 Wild mint picked

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
OK, Trader is really fun. I made just over $200 last night, so I decided to splash out on a few items of clothing.
I'm still not really clear on how it works exactly though, when it comes to how the trader table works though, mainly when it comes to getting your tools sorted out again. Like, I decided to pay the $20 to sort it, but I kinda don't know why I needed to do that in the first place, because I hadn't done any deliveries at that point.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The music that plays during Bounty Hunter missions is amazing. Bounty Hunting was my favorite part of Red Dead Redemption and now I can do an endless amount of them I'm so happy about that I'm trying to hit rank 10 by this time next week I want that wagon. I got Bounty Hunter to rank 4 there is absolutely no point in ever killing a bounty target for turning in a live one i got like 497 xp for turning in a dead guy I got 197 xp both of those amounts are from waiting for the last 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
My friends have stopped playing this. Im all on my lonesome but wanna get back into it.

Did a few bounties, but it seems you'll need companions to really get the most out of it.

Anyone of PS4 looking to play? Im in Ireland so time differences might be a pain.

It has so much potential.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
My friends have stopped playing this. Im all on my lonesome but wanna get back into it.

Did a few bounties, but it seems you'll need companions to really get the most out of it.

Anyone of PS4 looking to play? Im in Ireland so time differences might be a pain.

It has so much potential.

I work a weird shift so I play late at night and early in the morning for my playtime lines up almost perfectly with most European people I used to be in a crew that was mostly EU people. Send me a message with your username I think I have my settings set up to where no one can friend me because I play Mortal Kombat and I don't wanna get trash talked.

Oct 30, 2017
I work a weird shift so I play late at night and early in the morning for my playtime lines up almost perfectly with most European people I used to be in a crew that was mostly EU people. Send me a message with your username I think I have my settings set up to where no one can friend me because I play Mortal Kombat and I don't wanna get trash talked.

Im the exact same, only friends can message me due to toxicity of the UFC 3 community. Dozens of messages from people who take videogames way too seriously.

Ill shoot ya a pm with my username.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Im the exact same, only friends can message me due to toxicity of the UFC 3 community. Dozens of messages from people who take videogames way too seriously.

Ill shoot ya a pm with my username.

Awesome I'm looking forward to having someone to play with again I sometimes play with my girlfriend but she's not really into Red Dead like I am. And yeah it's bad I used to play Dead By Daylight and that's the reason my friend requests are restricted met some really strange people playing that.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
4veu463gm0m31.jpg

a storm is coming my friends

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I decided a month ago I wanted to do the 28 day streak daily challenges at least once not with a real desire to continue past that. My timing was impeccable because not only did the last 3 of the 4 weeks have a double but I got to the 28 and got the treasure map on the 9th before my streak was reset the next day :P

I didn't change my characters appearance so that isn't what's causing it. Anyway, it's not a big deal. Like I said, I wasn't doing it with the goal of continuing past the 28 days and I got hella gold in the process. I suppose I would have been continuing my streak though since I doing role dailies now.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got to bounty hunter rank 5 and the payouts are much better I got 700 xp and 32 dollars for bringing the guy in alive and waiting for the last 30 seconds. That's better than a recovery mission because the max payout for those is 40 dollars but you have to wait 20 minutes to turn it in.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
I got to bounty hunter rank 5 and the payouts are much better I got 700 xp and 32 dollars for bringing the guy in alive and waiting for the last 30 seconds. That's better than a recovery mission because the max payout for those is 40 dollars but you have to wait 20 minutes to turn it in.
Oh the reward is higher if you wait until the last minute?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck waiting the timer down.

Also fuck this skinning iguana daily. They never spawn for me. Seen one and it died in the water.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck waiting the timer down.

Also fuck this skinning iguana daily. They never spawn for me. Seen one and it died in the water.

It's boring as hell I only play for an hour or two a day because I waste at least an hour of my total playtime a day sitting in front of a safe zone waiting out 7 -15 minutes of a timer. When you get to the objective any time left should just go into a bonus pot like 5 or 10 xp per 1 minute left or something god anything but sitting outside the safe zone twiddling my thumbs.

Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
Hopefully someone can answer any of these questions about Posse members and the new roles

1. For posse members that don't have the roles unlocked, can they still help out with the new activities (bounty hunting / bringing materials for Cripps) and earn rewards (Money/Gold/XP)? I assume they can they just won't get the new Role XP?

2. How much do posse members earn? is it a flat rate like GTA Online? % based? if I did a $650 long distance 100 unit trader sale how much would they get for helping?

3. Can posse members buy any of the new upgrades for our persistent camp (Stew Pot, Dog etc)? or is it up to me as the leader to buy everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.