• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
About them Masks... I just spent over 2k on masks alone! Lmao.... what am I doing?

Now hoping for them to allow Hats and Masks equipped at the same time.

Yeah masks are fun. I grabbed three but will probably buy a few more.

My fav:

ps_messages_20191023_oukyw.jpg

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the creativity of this bounty, but I think the arsonist bounty is still my favorite. The shoot out in that burning fort with the machine gun and rain was super fun without being as absurdly difficult as the bandito lady or too easy like every other bounty has been so far.

So what's everyone's ability loadouts look like?

1. Paint It Black - I play in free aim, so it's pretty vital. Good for hunting and killing other players.
2. Peak Condition - I get bonus damage when above 75% stamina, which is all of the time.
3. Iron Lung - I take less damage the higher my stamina is. So, that's a lot of damage resistance.
4. Fool Me Once - Take less damage every consecutive shot I'm hit with. Stacking more DR.

I ultimately find little value in damage buff perks because I can hardly see the difference most of the time and both NPCs and players can die relatively quick as it is. Might as well just tank everything. I only keep Peak Condition around because that's just free damage without doing anything.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Masks are lame camps still broken and no new clothes please god let the PC release bring us GTA 5 whales so we can have some decent stuff.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
1) Supposedly you should still get it for free, but it might take 72 hours or something. THat happened with me with the bounty hunter role, I had Twitch prime and everything enabled days in advance, but it took 72+ hours for it to unlock properly for me. Many people who have bought it have said they got a refund.

2) There are binoculars, I think they're rank unlocked but they're very useful for doign collector stuff. I'm too low-ranked

3) IF you go to "Progress" there are things like this, but it's not quite the same as RDR2 story mode collector or RDR's plant collector stuff. It's mostly a volume game. If you mix it with the Collector role, though, it's pretty similar. Collector role has you going around the map collecting things and it's pretty similar to the collect-a-thons in the single player... At first I thought you could only collect things that you had a map for so I thought "Wtf this will take impossibly long," But then I soon realized that there's unique/special collectibles everywhere, especially in a lot of abandoned buildings, tall structures, tree stumps, etc, so now I'm on the look out for those. As you level up collector role you become more perceptive to it so they're easier to spot, too.

Although I haven't done it, I like how collector role can be advantaged by playing with friends too... If you've got a 2, 3, or more people playing collector, you can all leverage each other's maps by pointing out locations for each other. Makes a fun group collection event and makes it so that you can pretty much have as many active maps as you have active people playing with you as long as you're communicating and pointing out things on the map to your posse.
Albatross, thanks for the great reply! Sorry it took me so long to wander back into this thread and see it. =/ Regarding #1, still no Collector's Bag so I wrote @RockstarSupport -- turns out the offer of the free bag for collecting the cards expired on October 14 (despite the GTAO banner still touting the offer when I did it a few days ago). Oh well, guess I'll plonk down the 15 gold bars. I did enjoy (most of) the collecting in GTAO though I hate how many interruptions with calls, etc. that game has -- so much nicer in RDO with the quiet! Glad there are binoculars but a shame that they don't have the nice checklists like they did in SP. I'm assuming that the other collections (like the cards) aren't in RDO either. Shame -- I really don't see much appeal in playing SP over MP at this point. That's nice that you can collect without the map (and with friends).

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Masks are lame camps still broken and no new clothes please god let the PC release bring us GTA 5 whales so we can have some decent stuff.

Their development pipeline is trash as evidenced by the games long Dev cycle, then half finished line mode. The setting just doesn't lend itself enough to giving people expensive things to buy, therefore pushing gold purchases. RDOs biggest enemy is that GTAO still makes as much as it does honestly.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Do they not let you talk in poker? Would love to sit around and chat, drink, play cards

I guess people could cheat or bully others. Still. It's 2am and I'm sitting around drinking. Would be fun to chat with people while playing cards

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Albatross, thanks for the great reply! Sorry it took me so long to wander back into this thread and see it. =/ Regarding #1, still no Collector's Bag so I wrote @RockstarSupport -- turns out the offer of the free bag for collecting the cards expired on October 14 (despite the GTAO banner still touting the offer when I did it a few days ago). Oh well, guess I'll plonk down the 15 gold bars. I did enjoy (most of) the collecting in GTAO though I hate how many interruptions with calls, etc. that game has -- so much nicer in RDO with the quiet! Glad there are binoculars but a shame that they don't have the nice checklists like they did in SP. I'm assuming that the other collections (like the cards) aren't in RDO either. Shame -- I really don't see much appeal in playing SP over MP at this point. That's nice that you can collect without the map (and with friends).

Yeah I've moved over to MP since playing the SP they. I guess I'd rather waste time in online than offline. You Xbox or PS4?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Their development pipeline is trash as evidenced by the games long Dev cycle, then half finished line mode.
They're the most successful devs in the industry, so it's a bit harsh to call their development pipeline trash... In terms of scope, there isn't much out there that can hold a candle to RDR2 and RDO. There's a lot about the game that shits me, but I have to concede that on the whole it's pretty impressive that I can go with 6 friends into a map and world as impressive as the one in RDO.

Personally I'd rather a dev put out one good game rather than 3 bad ones, so longer dev times are fine with me. Most devs can't afford to take that approach, but I appreciate the ones that do.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
They're the most successful devs in the industry, so it's a bit harsh to call their development pipeline trash... In terms of scope, there isn't much out there that can hold a candle to RDR2 and RDO. There's a lot about the game that shits me, but I have to concede that on the whole it's pretty impressive that I can go with 6 friends into a map and world as impressive as the one in RDO.

Personally I'd rather a dev put out one good game rather than 3 bad ones, so longer dev times are fine with me. Most devs can't afford to take that approach, but I appreciate the ones that do.

I mentioned nothing about quality. I agree the world is stunning. There are only 3 companies in the industry that can go as long as they do on a project, and one of them arguably doesn't make games anymore (valve).

But when the team takes months for simple fixes, and whose main source of content update for the game consists mainly of pimp hats, I question how efficient they are. They remind me of Bungie, with an 800+ person studio, and even with 2 former Activision support studios at the time, struggling to release meaningful content on a regular basis. Rockstar is even bigger.

I love what RDO offers me, but it's just a shame that for the first 6 months, so much of their efforts where on their terrible pvp.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coming back to RDO after a month long break with Destiny 2. How the fuck is the camp pitching still broken? At this point Rockstar is just incompetent or they just don't care, which still makes them terrible at their jobs.

Edit: I literally can't pitch a camp at all. I can't play trader. At all. Guess it's back to Destiny already. Maybe Rockstar will have a functional game in another few months. Who am I kidding, I'll come back again to more bugs and more microtransactions.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on Xbox. Going to plonk my 15 gold bars down tonight for the Collector's Bag, methinks.

The best investment you can make with gold bars honestly. The amount you can earn, and the explosion of xp you'll get is ridiculous. Follow the always updating online collectable map, and you will be rich in no time. Just don't burn out. Get enough to upgrade cards you want and items to own, then bank a little and start hoarding. There's no reason to be sitting with 10k money in this game and t's nice to have little goals for yourself and hunt down a few missing items for a set if you suddenly need some dough.

Last edited:

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
The best investment you can make with gold bars honestly. The amount you can earn, and the explosion of xp you'll get is ridiculous. Follow the always updating online collectable map, and you will be rich in no time. Just don't burn out. Get enough to upgrade cards you want and items to own, then bank a little and start hoarding. There's no reason to be sitting with 10k money in this game and t's nice to have little goals for yourself and hunt down a few missing items for a set if you suddenly need some dough.
I bought the bag and I guess it also got me a Miscellaneous Map? I decided to buy a Tarot Map as well and when I made it active the other one disappeared from my satchel. Is this normal? Though I guess I could do without the maps entirely and just follow the online map, but does that take out some of the fun of hunting them down?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I bought the bag and I guess it also got me a Miscellaneous Map? I decided to buy a Tarot Map as well and when I made it active the other one disappeared from my satchel. Is this normal? Though I guess I could do without the maps entirely and just follow the online map, but does that take out some of the fun of hunting them down?

You can only have one map open at a time yeah. Unlike treasure maps, which can close, you are basically throwing the old one away if you open anything else.

And honestly, the maps are just money sinks. All the items, aside from the random spawns, are locked in a 3 day cycle and opening a map can show you options across the map from each other which is incredibly annoying. The online map is a tab away on your phone you can pull up in an instant.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
You can only have one map open at a time yeah. Unlike treasure maps, which can close, you are basically throwing the old one away if you open anything else.

And honestly, the maps are just money sinks. All the items, aside from the random spawns, are locked in a 3 day cycle and opening a map can show you options across the map from each other which is incredibly annoying. The online map is a tab away on your phone you can pull up in an instant.
Ah, thanks for the information. I'll just use that amazing interactive Collector's Map then and not waste any more on the maps.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, no point in buying maps from Nazar if you can follow the interactive map.

There is NO way Rockstar doesn't put a stop to this soon, the payouts are just insane and it's way too easy following that map. So I expect either a nerf to the payouts soon or the item locations to be randomized.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, no point in buying maps from Nazar if you can follow the interactive map.

There is NO way Rockstar doesn't put a stop to this soon, the payouts are just insane and it's way too easy following that map. So I expect either a nerf to the payouts soon or the item locations to be randomized.
Honestly, item locations should have been randomized from the jump

not sure what they were thinking with putting all that stuff in the same spot

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Jean Ropke is my guess :p
A saint.

But yeah, the roles will absolutely have an effect on the economy moving foward, as it dramatically changes the average $ on hand that players have along with I'm sure a dozen other metrics they track.

They ate shit after launch for having certain tools/item be so expensive relative to what you could earn at the time, but now we are back the time of $75 dollar hammer melee skins.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
A saint.

But yeah, the roles will absolutely have an effect on the economy moving foward, as it dramatically changes the average $ on hand that players have along with I'm sure a dozen other metrics they track.

They ate shit after launch for having certain tools/item be so expensive relative to what you could earn at the time, but now we are back the time of $75 dollar hammer melee skins.
I expect them to gate more stuff behind gold as opposed to dollars. The role daily challenges have increased potential gold earnings a little, but not by that much.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I expect them to gate more stuff behind gold as opposed to dollars. The role daily challenges have increased potential gold earnings a little, but not by that much.

The streak system in general has been almost too generous for anyone keeping it up, which I doubt their average player is. Especially with the role update and outlaw pass coming so late. At first I thought 35 gold bars for the pass was too cheap, then I remembered I only think that because I went 120 day streak before it reset on me. Now with double the options, granted the role ones take more time on average, I think your right, everything will be inflated. But so far they have been good on everything inside the world having an effect on play having a cash equivalent.

Either way, they need to do something with how they deliver content. There are no money sinks and if it takes another 4 months between content drops, everyone will have hoarded so much that the odds of buying gold seems low. They made a mistake having so much of their first 6 months focused on the terrible pvp, adding mode after mode while PvE was left to languish.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
That was a very lucrative two-hour play session. Finished off four collectible sets worth around $1500 and finally got to 100 goods (thanks mostly to Trade Route) plus a treasure map in between. Also got the gold belt buckle for 20 weekly streaks and for traveling 1898 miles. I have...a lot of gold bars and cash with nothing really to spend it on so now seems like the best time to take a break from the game.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I've been hoarding cash since the roles update went live and finally spent near $8-9k on all pamphlets at the fence last night. Made back $1500 almost immediately by selling some collectible sets to make up for it. Also bought some of the horror mask variants I thought looked the coolest.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Man, that "All's Fair" trophy is a nightmare playing solo. Trying to get that shit for almost a month now. And it probably will be my last trophy for online as I'm already in the level 47.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Well I've finally jumped in on RDO after playing over 110 hours of the single player mode.
I'm about 8 hours into the online mode, so still very much finding my feet with the various things to do.

Is there any space in a posse that I could join?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I just tried RDO via Remote Play on my Mac using a DualShock 4 tonight. Wow, that experience was actually way better than I was expecting. There was some minor input lag, but it's not like RDO is super-snappy anyway, and I was able to handle PvP no worries, including with a PSN party chat going.

The only blemish was that occasionally (maybe once every 5-10 minutes) the screen would momentarily freeze, but that could've been down to the internet connection at either end.

Admittedly I wasn't in another country or anything, I was only about 20km away from my PS4, but that was a pretty impressive experience.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I just tried RDO via Remote Play on my Mac using a DualShock 4 tonight. Wow, that experience was actually way better than I was expecting. There was some minor input lag, but it's not like RDO is super-snappy anyway, and I was able to handle PvP no worries, including with a PSN party chat going.

The only blemish was that occasionally (maybe once every 5-10 minutes) the screen would momentarily freeze, but that could've been down to the internet connection at either end.

Admittedly I wasn't in another country or anything, I was only about 20km away from my PS4, but that was a pretty impressive experience.

Yeah, Remote Play is pretty impressive from what I've played, but I always forget about it.

I played some BF4 on it once, and that ran pretty well, surprisingly.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Yeah, Remote Play is pretty impressive from what I've played, but I always forget about it.

I played some BF4 on it once, and that ran pretty well, surprisingly.
I was only intending to use it to do a simple daily objective to keep my streak alive, but it was so good that I ended up doing a 100 goods wagon sale as well, and driving off a few of the typical fuck-knuckles with no dramas at all.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
My PS4 remote play used to be terrible so I never used it... even with a really high performing mesh wifi, I got horrible performance with it.

I really want to try RD Online with the new Xbox One streaming thing, but I don't want to put my X1X on the preview program. I'd run into issues with the preview program before and don't feel like dealing with those.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, my PS4 was sitting on a wired 100/40 (HFC) connection, and I was remoting into it from a shitty 9Mb/s ADSL connection via wireless.

I think my problem was that Google Wifi either used 5g or 2.4g without revealing what it was using, and one of those would be good for in-house game streaming, and one really bad. In my new house, the 5G is *really* bad room to room because the house was built in the 30s and the walls all have horsehair plaster (original to the ~30s) with another layer of modern drywall added sometime in the 21st century... So it's horrible for 5g.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I guess you can't carry your progress over to the PC version.

Kinda sucks, but I'm gonna mod the shit out of my PC version anyways, so I'm probably better off just keeping Online exclusive to my XBO and not risk my account getting banned/progress getting wiped for some dumb shit

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
1.14 patch is out, fixes camp pitching, adds the ability to remove off hand holsters.

Animal spawning still rooted in large sessions.

New legendary bounty is up too, along with a bunch of new clothing.

Last edited:

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank god on the camp pitching thing. That was a pain in the ass when I had a great spot for hunting and quickly shoring up my trade production until Cripps decides to randomly fuck off.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
No character transfers to PC :(

All that time wasted

That sucks. I was hoping they'd not just let you transfer, but also sync. I don't know why they wouldn't let you sync characters / progress given that your account is stored on social club. Seems like a trivial thing to implement.

I probably would have double dipped on RDR for Stadia, but not now. I'll wait for xCloud or whateever

Status
Not open for further replies.