• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I need folk to rob.

Ok, so what is the deal with the camp?

Half the time pitching it doesn't work, and when I do manage to get it set up it vanishes again ("Cripps has packed up your camp") at the drop of a hat. Given that there's no other place to go for the trader role stuff, this is really annoying. Changing sessions sometimes fixes it, but changing sessions also means I lose all the animal carcasses on my horse, which kind of defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place.

It's an issue that simply confounds Rockstar. They don't seem to know how to fix it because they're dumb dumbs.

Anyway, I'd suggest investing in a hunting wagon, as stored carcasses on that thing transfer between sessions.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly something needs to be done about the camp. It's a fucking problem.

Set something up permanently at beecher's hope or something so I can at least do trader stuff or crafting. It's been months of this and clearly a god damn problem that is not easily fixed.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... for a bug that is so consistent and also so game-halting, it's pretty disappointing that it has existed for so long. Has there ever been any comment from Rockstar about it?

Side note: When is outlaw pass 2 dropping?! I got pumped thinking it might be this Tuesday since the last one stopped on Monday, but nope. Do other live service games leave a gap between battlepasses? I'm wondering if they're going to add it when they have their next big content drop (on the level of new roles).

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The drip feed really sucks I think I have 5 different variations of the same shirt the new poncho colors look nice but it still looks weird. I'm taking a break from the game until either they fix the camp glitch not gonna happen anytime soon or they release the new Outlaw pass that's also not happening soon so I guess I will play again sometime in 2020 : (

Oh no I just saw on Reddit that Rockstars bug report feature for RDO was broken so they weren't getting any bug reports is that true? If so that's hilarious.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no I just saw on Reddit that Rockstars bug report feature for RDO was broken so they weren't getting any bug reports is that true? If so that's hilarious.

Eh, I find it hard to believe that a company like Rockstar doesn't monitor user feedback posted to Reddit, their use community, etc... Or they don't play their own games and notice that camps don't work ~90% of the time. Maybe they said that, but they know about the camp bug, they just can't get it working consistently.

After the last patch it worked flawlessly for about 48 hours... I was shocked the game pro-actively setup camp for me when I launched it, I couldn't believe it. But then after 48 hours, not even peak time, it just went back to being inconsistent. I can still usually get camp setup like ... once in an hour long session usually. But with the daily tasks, I've taken to just using known cookpots around to craft stuff (usually around major cities and scattered in the wilderness).

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I find it hard to believe that a company like Rockstar doesn't monitor user feedback posted to Reddit, their use community, etc... Or they don't play their own games and notice that camps don't work ~90% of the time. Maybe they said that, but they know about the camp bug, they just can't get it working consistently.

After the last patch it worked flawlessly for about 48 hours... I was shocked the game pro-actively setup camp for me when I launched it, I couldn't believe it. But then after 48 hours, not even peak time, it just went back to being inconsistent. I can still usually get camp setup like ... once in an hour long session usually. But with the daily tasks, I've taken to just using known cookpots around to craft stuff (usually around major cities and scattered in the wilderness).

I think the servers don't work because they can't handle 20+ people in a lobby Rockstar merges servers like crazy now so you're never not in a full or almost full lobby. Before the update people would naturally come and go in servers and if you played in the same server long enough you'd eventually end up alone or with a few other players.

Rockstar needs to give us the option to play in solo servers I would say they should just sell us the ability to play in solo servers but looking at Fallout 76 that's not worth the bad pr for whatever money it brings.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
My camp worked all day they finally added a poncho that is actually colored like a poncho I'm having a good time playing again.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
why is this game so maddeningly broken and full of annoying griefing cunts?

i must have set my playstyle to defensive a million goddamn times yet people can still just randomly come out of nowhere and kill me and my horse and my hunted animals disappear (or they steal it??).

are they cheating or does the defensive option not mean anything? why doesn't it stick? why does it always go back to offensive? game is unplayable.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
why is this game so maddeningly broken and full of annoying griefing cunts?

i must have set my playstyle to defensive a million goddamn times yet people can still just randomly come out of nowhere and kill me and my horse and my hunted animals disappear (or they steal it??).

are they cheating or does the defensive option not mean anything? why doesn't it stick? why does it always go back to offensive? game is unplayable.
they'll fuck off back to GTA soon

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got Trader and Collector to rank 10 my camp worked all night last night except when I got put into a 31 player lobby it turns out those do exist I'd just never seen one before. I had a sweet spot in Tall Trees I used the spawn on the opposite side of the map trick and had the entire area all to myself. I also got a pair of Plated Relentless Boots but I don't remember ever buying them not complaining those boots are sweet.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fool thought himself clever trying to gut me while I eat my soup, think I don't smell what you're scheming. This is why we keep LeMats, y'all. You could learn a thing or two from me.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I usually play in defensive mode, but got sidetracked by a collectible when logging on, and forgot to enable it in Blackwater, so this guy decided to try his luck

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
RDO is still a blissful Utopia compared to GTO, but it's been steadily becoming more & more hostile the last month or so. Getting attacked by fresh greifers who don't understand how Defensive Mode works is always entertaining, though.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
What do you all think Rockstar is gonna do for the one year anniversary? I'm thinking double pay outs on one star bounties and some fuzzy boots oh and double cash and xp on Grand Theft Auto Online in honor of Red Dead Online.

Last edited:

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am kinda bummed out, doing a long distance delivery and the buyers get killed the instant I arrived at the place. Lost all my goods and materials :(

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the map will be covered in snow soon like GTA if the datamine is correct.

I didn't think they would actually do that as it would effect spawn wildlife and visibility of materials you gather.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
What do you all think Rockstar is gonna do for the one year anniversary? I'm thinking double pay outs on one star bounties and some fuzzy boots oh and double cash and xp on Grand Theft Auto Online in honor of Red Dead Online.
Nothing.

I am kinda bummed out, doing a long distance delivery and the buyers get killed the instant I arrived at the place. Lost all my goods and materials :(
That sucks. How did they die? I assume they got shot by the NPC bandits?

Looks like the map will be covered in snow soon like GTA if the datamine is correct.

I didn't think they would actually do that as it would effect spawn wildlife and visibility of materials you gather.
FWIW, they already had this for the Wolfman legendary bounty: if you rode to the rest of the map it was snowing everywhere. Hopefully they do implement it in free roam at Christmas as in GTAO though, rather than restricting it to certain missions or game modes.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just when I think the buggy ass camp is finally working, it done fucks up again. There is no one in the Great Plains. Not a single other camp. Put my fecking camp in the Great Plains, you fool of a game.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Veteran Collectors: How worthwhile is the metal detector? I assume it's a requirement for completing certain sets?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
"[November 25, 2019] General / Miscellaneous – Xbox One
  • General fixes and improvements to stability and performance
"

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another day, another long distance delivery. This time the game crashed and I lost everything again. I'm going to take a break :(

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Another day, another long distance delivery. This time the game crashed and I lost everything again. I'm going to take a break :(

File a ticket. They have been good with refunding people.

The game crashing is not your fault, but seriously, in the future never do long distance. An extra 100 bucks isn't worth the time/level of risk at all. You only have to die once, shit heads attacking you have as many times as they like. It's zero sum, especially when it's so easy to make money with the collector role.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If y'all wanna do easy long distance deliveries:

1. Choose to join a session at a specific region (ideally Lemoyne)
2. Place your camp at Gaptooth Ridge
3. Fast travel to Gaptooth
4. Start long distance delivery
5. The furthest you will travel will only be the very edge of the Great Plains (sometimes only the eastern most parts of New Austin) and you will almost never encounter another player

Alternatively:

1. Hope a bounty mission takes you to a black screen, which will take you to your own solo session
2. Finish bounty
3. Free to fuck around in your own world

All of my long distance deliveries have been chill. Even put on a little music while I do it. But if you do your deliveries in active parts of the map, guess what:

source.gif

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Unfortunately I guess that 1.41.1 patch for X and PC means no new content patch for all platforms tonight. Maybe next week.

The annoying thing is that it's a deliberate design decision on their part to relieve you of your goods in the event of a disconnect. It didn't originally work like that, they literally patched that in later after people were exploiting disconnects to make more money.

File a ticket. They have been good with refunding people.

The game crashing is not your fault, but seriously, in the future never do long distance. An extra 100 bucks isn't worth the time/level of risk at all. You only have to die once, shit heads attacking you have as many times as they like. It's zero sum, especially when it's so easy to make money with the collector role.
Definitely file a support ticket. They seem to have stopped offering refunds for most things - I literally had video evidence of a bugged payout, and they just said sorry, it's a known issue they're working to fix, no refund, bye. But it's still worth filing the ticket to encourage them to actually fix the underlying problem, or at least revisit it.

As to long distance sales, they're still the way to go. I've only had one where I didn't successfully deliver the wagon, and it only should have cost me $325 (if the payout wasn't bugged); compare that to the extra on all of the completed sales and I'm well ahead. I've made more than $20k from wagon sales.

It helps if you sell with friends. As long as you're not a shitheel in game it's easy to make friends, and then you end up with a big support network. People are eager to ride protection on sales because it pays well, so you end up constantly doing deliveries and getting rich.

Last edited:

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Based on your ringing endorsements I did get the Metal Detector last night, and wow, the map is just littered with buried stuff isn't it. For a while I thought the detector would just always vibrate (as a kind of balancing so you wouldn't keep it out constantly due to it interfering with regular collectible-searching), but it turns out there's just that many collectibles buried everywhere.

I guess I technically think bounty hunting is the more satisfying pursuit of the three, but at this rate I'm gonna max out collector before getting halfway through the other two.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's the same bonuses from last week and the drip feed is just ugly items from a couple o f weeks ago what a one year anniversary woow awesome.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Looks like it's the same bonuses from last week and the drip feed is just ugly items from a couple o f weeks ago what a one year anniversary woow awesome.
Well we basically knew there was no new content coming tonight because the 1.14.1 patch was only PC and Xbone.

You can now replay all of the legendary bounties from the bounty board.

All of the time limited clothing from Frontier Pursuits is available for purchase again.

I don't know about any sales/bonuses though.

For a week with no new content, that's actually as good as you can expect (short of some good sales/bonuses).

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Well we basically knew there was no new content coming tonight because the 1.14.1 patch was only PC and Xbone.

You can now replay all of the legendary bounties from the bounty board.

All of the time limited clothing from Frontier Pursuits is available for purchase again.

I don't know about any sales/bonuses though.

For a week with no new content, that's actually as good as you can expect (short of some good sales/bonuses).

I just want bonus xp from missions or story missions or pvp modes anything would be great.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I guess that 1.41.1 patch for X and PC means no new content patch for all platforms tonight. Maybe next week.

The annoying thing is that it's a deliberate design decision on their part to relieve you of your goods in the event of a disconnect. It didn't originally work like that, they literally patched that in later after people were exploiting disconnects to make more money.

Definitely file a support ticket. They seem to have stopped offering refunds for most things - I literally had video evidence of a bugged payout, and they just said sorry, it's a known issue they're working to fix, no refund, bye. But it's still worth filing the ticket to encourage them to actually fix the underlying problem, or at least revisit it.

As to long distance sales, they're still the way to go. I've only had one where I didn't successfully deliver the wagon, and it only should have cost me $325 (if the payout wasn't bugged); compare that to the extra on all of the completed sales and I'm well ahead. I've made more than $20k from wagon sales.

It helps if you sell with friends. As long as you're not a shitheel in game it's easy to make friends, and then you end up with a big support network. People are eager to ride protection on sales because it pays well, so you end up constantly doing deliveries and getting rich.
I am going to try and do that. Rockstar forums I suppose?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just filed a ticket. It took me a few hours to max out the goods bar before losing them to crashes, lets see if they respond something.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3h20m to max out the goods bar, assuming absolutely no interruptions. In practice it will take longer because you have to add in the time taken for resupply missions.
They responded back asking me when the crash ocurred and what did I lose when it happened. Hopefully something is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.