• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Quote this post with your most controversial horse opinion

No but seriously. What are the A tier horses in RDO? Is it like in single player, where the Arabian horse is just the best at everything? I replaced my starter horse with a Breton (Bounty Hunter horse) some time ago, and while its speed and stamina are markedly better, it's also way more skittish around predators, and it keeps getting stuck on rocks for some reason.

Since I powerlevelled Collector I could actually get the level 3 Criollo already - is it any good? Or should I just get a war horse and call it a day.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

No but seriously. What are the A tier horses in RDO? Is it like in single player, where the Arabian horse is just the best at everything? I replaced my starter horse with a Breton (Bounty Hunter horse) some time ago, and while its speed and stamina are markedly better, it's also way more skittish around predators, and it keeps getting stuck on rocks for some reason.

Since I powerlevelled Collector I could actually get the level 3 Criollo already - is it any good? Or should I just get a war horse and call it a day.
Missouri Fox Trotter is the best. It's the fastest and is one of (if not the) most fearless.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I CHOOSE CONTROVERSIAL OPINION OPTION.

Kladruber is best horse because it's the closest you can get to a white stallion that isn't shitty and isn't a weird looking Arabian. Look at him. The beauty. His balls are as big as you'd expect. And they're as white as snow. Snowy balls.

iv6v8s6qnrn31.jpg

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I have considered your opinions and ended up doing neither. ALTHOUGH, I should point out, that's because I'm not high enough rank to get a Fox Trotter, and only have access to level 1 Kladrubers (and I don't know how skittish they are). Got an Andalusian (the higher stats one) as a temporary solution and I'm happy with it so far.

The Internet at large seems very enamored with the Turkoman, which sits in the same rank range as the Fox Trotter. I think it trades some speed for additional health.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
I got kinda fed up with my Turk, seemed to be super skittish compared to my other horses unfortunately (although I have no idea how horse temperment is determined as it doesn't appear to be specific to certain breeds, but really I have no idea). After owning an Arabian, both MFT and Turk and a Klad I ended up buying the brindle thoroughbred and have been using that a lot lately.

Can't go wrong with any of the top range horses imo.

Edit: I think I own six horses atm, and that's after having sold (sorry, "discarded") 3 previous ones.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone knows if this twitch prime promo for the bounty hunter license still works?

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they still advertise it, so it should. You have to link your social club count obviously, and then redeem the offer over at Twitch first.
Did that, but for some reason when it asks which platform you want to link it to, I cant choose PC, only Stadia, Xbox and Ps4.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a 500 dollar bounty hunter outfit just to get the hat oh well it's a really nice hat. I finally got around to finishing single player and we are still missing a bunch of clothes from the main story it sucks cause some of those clothes are really nice I miss you fancy pants!

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing a level a day while I wait for the next patch so far I've gone from 56 to 72 doing my one level a day. Also my streak came back it broke earlier this week but now I'm on day 10 of the streak. My dad bought a PS4 to help with his hand eye coordination after his stroke and he bought Red Dead I hope they add friends only servers I'd love to play online with him but right now he has too much trouble with the controls to deal with other players.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I'm doing a level a day while I wait for the next patch so far I've gone from 56 to 72 doing my one level a day. Also my streak came back it broke earlier this week but now I'm on day 10 of the streak. My dad bought a PS4 to help with his hand eye coordination after his stroke and he bought Red Dead I hope they add friends only servers I'd love to play online with him but right now he has too much trouble with the controls to deal with other players.

See if the trick they use for GTAO on consoles works.

It is soo much easier to get in private sessions on PC for GTAO.

I hope it works for RDR2.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally grinding it out to hit rank 120 in GTAO and RDO players don't know how good they have it.

Even in an empty server ranking up in this game takes fucking ages

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally grinding it out to hit rank 120 in GTAO and RDO players don't know how good they have it.

Even in an empty server ranking up in this game takes fucking ages

Leveling in RDO is super easy you get so much xp for everything using different ammo headshots free aim being on a horse using dead eye it adds up fast.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah leveling is easier as it feels like there are more interactions within the world that give XP (at least it definitely feels that way, GTAO feels like a half dead world in comparison). While I'm rank 468 or so in GTAO in RDO I'm already up to 232. Also defensive mode wrecks passive mode imo, I hate passive mode as it cuts off too much of your interactions in the world while defensive mode just allows me to feel like I can still play the game normally I just don't have to worry about auto aim being utilized against me.

Granted defensive mode in GTAO might not work so well with all the explosives, and passive in RDO not so well due to how much interaction it would remove, either way using defensive is a way better experience than using passive for me, I hate passive mode.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
A further point of comparison: I detest GTAO with every fibre of my being, but I'm having a great time with RDO.

So there isn't a max rank?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some clown triggers the enemies during a resupply mission causing them to get away with the supplies thus wasting my time. Can't put a bullet in the goof's head because he is in defensive mode so I instead RAM HIS FUCKING HORSE and take the pristine cougar that fell off it. Was rather amusing watching him hopelessly chase after me on foot not being able to do a thing about it.

Gives me ideas for future encounters against these defensive dudes. These guys, they're the true troublemakers of online, I tell ya.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
My horse has been acting funky all night keeps running in the wrong direction and getting stuck randomly. RDO better not have broken another controller this will be the second one I've worn out playing this game when I played in a crew all them had to replace their controllers as well this game is hard on em.

Also I didn't get shot once tonight had entire posses ride by me and just keep going even went into Valentine for awhile today didn't get shot at once.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
No there is still a method on console. It involves setting your MTU.

I'll have to google it thank you.

So what do you all think will be the final level reward for Outlaw Pass 2? I'm thinking we will get winter clothes from Javier or Dutch since we have clothes from the rest of the gang but don't have any of their stuff to use. I'd love to have Dutchs big fuzzy coat man that thing looks awesome.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Some clown triggers the enemies during a resupply mission causing them to get away with the supplies thus wasting my time. Can't put a bullet in the goof's head because he is in defensive mode so I instead RAM HIS FUCKING HORSE and take the pristine cougar that fell off it. Was rather amusing watching him hopelessly chase after me on foot not being able to do a thing about it.

Gives me ideas for future encounters against these defensive dudes. These guys, they're the true troublemakers of online, I tell ya.
👀

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just found an unlimited supply of pristine cougars lol

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
West of Blackwater? :)
Nope! takes about 50 seconds between dropping the carcass at camp, go back, and get another one, lol. Campt at tall trees, then just a bit north. I dont know if it will keep spawning after I leave the session, but managed to get 10 runs without issues.

jerk

Nov 6, 2017
Nope! takes about 50 seconds between dropping the carcass at camp, go back, and get another one, lol. Campt at tall trees, then just a bit north. I dont know if it will keep spawning after I leave the session, but managed to get 10 runs without issues.
This doesn't work at all. I wouldn't listen to this post.
I found this spot like a week ago and it's magic and I hope they don't patch it

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't work at all. I wouldn't listen to this post.
I found this spot like a week ago and it's magic and I hope they don't patch it
You are right, it doesnt work at all. Nevermind, move along people. Dont even try it or you will end up like me.

aUJqBCn.png

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
So just started playing this with a friend, it's fun.

Any tips for a starter? Working towards getting gold bars to unlock trader and collector via bounty hunting, is there any faster way to do this?

Also, starting horse sucks like crazy, it cant go anywhere without getting fucked in terms of stamina. Is there a cheap starting horse? How do we go about getting food for the horse?

Thank you.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

Any tips for a starter? Working towards getting gold bars to unlock trader and collector via bounty hunting, is there any faster way to do this?

Also, starting horse sucks like crazy, it cant go anywhere without getting fucked in terms of stamina. Is there a cheap starting horse? How do we go about getting food for the horse?

Thank you.
The best way to get gold bars is to do the daily challenges, especially if you can build up a streak (doing at least one of the challenges each day in an unbroken run).

I'm not sure what the best starting horse is, I got the chestnut Arabian for free as one of the PS4 launch goodies and it was great, I used it until I unlocked the Nokota.

For feeding your horse, you can pick wild carrots (they look like a plant with white flowers) all over the world, and I use those exclusively to feed my horse. Once you've seen some in the wild, make a mental note of what they look like and keep an eye out for them. Otherwise you can buy hay from the stables, but as I said I wouldn't really bother.

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
The best way to get gold bars is to do the daily challenges, especially if you can build up a streak (doing at least one of the challenges each day in an unbroken run).

I'm not sure what the best starting horse is, I got the chestnut Arabian for free as one of the PS4 launch goodies and it was great, I used it until I unlocked the Nokota.

For feeding your horse, you can pick wild carrots (they look like a plant with white flowers) all over the world, and I use those exclusively to feed my horse. Once you've seen some in the wild, make a mental note of what they look like and keep an eye out for them. Otherwise you can buy hay from the stables, but as I said I wouldn't really bother.

Cool! I see in the wiki that horses spawn on the world. Can I go and capture one to retain or am I forced to buy it at the stables?

edit: apparently not, as you can't saddle them :(

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Thank you.

In terms of making money, you should prioritise getting a varmint rifle and some form of bolt action, as these will be used for hunting.

For gold bars however, daily challenge streaks (you just need to do one per day for it to keep track), PvP once you get some guns unlocked, and just do the story missions, you get a fairly big payout for both gold and money on those, and you can do both the high and low honour paths. It's obviously easier to do high honour, do crimes to lower your honour and do low honour, but you can raise your honour fairly quickly if you hunt a lot and replay story missions and pick the good choices.

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
In terms of making money, you should prioritise getting a varmint rifle and some form of bolt action, as these will be used for hunting.

For gold bars however, daily challenge streaks (you just need to do one per day for it to keep track), PvP once you get some guns unlocked, and just do the story missions, you get a fairly big payout for both gold and money on those, and you can do both the high and low honour paths. It's obviously easier to do high honour, do crimes to lower your honour and do low honour, but you can raise your honour fairly quickly if you hunt a lot and replay story missions and pick the good choices.

Hey thanks for these tips. I was going to run all story missions with my buddy anyway so there's that, I didnt know they were replayable, do they give the same amount of gold when replaying?

So its better to run the honor down and then raise it back up? It fits our current playstyle as we've left the first couple of victims in the train tracks on the first mission lol.

Current plan is to get a decent horse asap altho we dont know how to go about that and get 30 gold bars to unlock trader and completionist.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hey thanks for these tips. I was going to run all story missions with my buddy anyway so there's that, I didnt know they were replayable, do they give the same amount of gold when replaying?

So its better to run the honor down and then raise it back up? It fits our current playstyle as we've left the first couple of victims in the train tracks on the first mission lol.

Current plan is to get a decent horse asap altho we dont know how to go about that and get 30 gold bars to unlock trader and completionist.

Only in the first play, in regards to gold, but you still get money and xp for replays. There's a mission at Fort Mercer which you could sort of farm, but I'm not sure if they patched it. You can use different ammo types which increase the XP you get from a kill, and said mission gives you that ammo, which is usually quite costly to acquire.

I'd say it's quicker to do high honour, then drop it, but running through the missions again in order should bring you back up to high honour in time to go through those missions. The way I did it was play solo on low honour, then played with my sister when she started as she went for high honour, and that brought me up to high honour to keep up with her, with a little bit of free roam hunting in the side.

In terms of horses, if you can't get the free Chestnut Arabian, you're kinda short of luck lol. Better ones will be available to buy from the stables as you level up though.

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
Only in the first play, in regards to gold, but you still get money and xp for replays. There's a mission at Fort Mercer which you could sort of farm, but I'm not sure if they patched it. You can use different ammo types which increase the XP you get from a kill, and said mission gives you that ammo, which is usually quite costly to acquire.

I'd say it's quicker to do high honour, then drop it, but running through the missions again in order should bring you back up to high honour in time to go through those missions. The way I did it was play solo on low honour, then played with my sister when she started as she went for high honour, and that brought me up to high honour to keep up with her, with a little bit of free roam hunting in the side.

In terms of horses, if you can't get the free Chestnut Arabian, you're kinda short of luck lol. Better ones will be available to buy from the stables as you level up though.

Indeed, PC here so no free horse :(. So many things to know, like the ammo, and there's no tutorial for that afaik.

Issue with the horse is that I dont know if its worth it to spend 150$ on a horse or I should stick to the free one until a specific level.

Also I dont understand how camping works, many times the camp wont be "approved" or it will simply get taken away in between missions, its weird.

What about the bandanas? I bought one of those and equiped it at the camp, does it work tho? We done a couple of stranger missions and we collected some wanted level/bounties, can it prevent it?

Is it worth to invest in a permanent posse when I plan to always play with a friend?

Game looks incredible @4k on my C9, like ridiculous.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
The Camp thing (as we've found out) is just a constant, minor annoyance. It's buggy and often fails to work. The camp will frequently pitch itself in the last spot you told it to if you change sessions, but there's really no eminently practical way to fix it if seems to have bugged out.

If you're not actively dissatisfied with your starter horse, just keep it until you have more spending money.

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
I actively dissatisfied, as in, the fucker cannot go to the next village without running out of stamina, but at this point seeing how I seem to be the only one bothered by this maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Should I farm apples or whatever and keep feeding him when it runs out of stamina? How do you guys manage when a mission sends you away? I remember carrying back a bounty and getting swarmed by enemies can't the damn horse simply can't run more than a couple of minutes before going dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.