• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Got a free appearance change from the season pass, but of course trying to enter the appearance editor now seems to result in an infinite loading screen ...

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Supplies missions in the trader role seems busted atm. Always says halted. I ended up doing four missions in 15 minutes though since they're easy xp.

Finished the outlaw pass just now and reached level 20 in Moonshiner an hour ago. Yay.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
b644fr05mx541.jpg

Sigh, stealth kills

Jump into trade route the second you see it and rifle fools as they ride in. They aren't agrod to you and count as steath skills. Same is true if you run into someone else's open world mission and you kill their spawned enemies.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
How do you understand the collector stuff for cycles? What are they?

It's the patterns for where they spawn. Now they mix and match 6 different patters per item where as before it was a more boring 3 pattern style for everything. Luckily You don't need to understand anything as the online map tracks it all for you and updates automatically.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't y'all just do a mission, but stealthily. Like any mission, really. Just approach it stealthily. You'd be surprised how many encounters you can complete as a ghost. You can clear out the entire first encampment during that one moonshine story mission in Bayou Nwa without getting spotted. That's over a dozen kills right there.

Stealth in this game is actually pretty damn good.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't seem to snow very often I've seen snow three times since it started half the time it''s in the 60s I don't want realistic weather I want snow 24/7!

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Rockstar would bring back the limited time items for Christmas no one wants 50% off Shotguns they are cheap as shit already and all the non limited coats are fugly.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
What the help is hepening in this game for the past few days. Camp is moving randomly even when I am in the middle of the camp, camp flag gets lowered randomly and you can put I back up, missions get stuck in that letter boxes screen, game crashing and locking my entire PC...

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
So after level 93 wtf do I do with cash because there's nothing worth buying after I get dynamite arrows I already got express explosive explosive slug and incendiary buckshot.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Got a free appearance change from the season pass, but of course trying to enter the appearance editor now seems to result in an infinite loading screen ...

Anyone else have this issue? PS4 Pro. Still happening today, and it's actually getting a little annoying. Wonder if it might be related to using a role exclusive hair style or something or just a series of random hiccups ...

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have this issue? PS4 Pro. Still happening today, and it's actually getting a little annoying. Wonder if it might be related to using a role exclusive hair style or something or just a series of random hiccups ...

It's probably just bogged down from people trying to use their free change ticket I heard going into a legendary bounty and trying to get into the appearance changer works.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Can't y'all just do a mission, but stealthily. Like any mission, really. Just approach it stealthily. You'd be surprised how many encounters you can complete as a ghost. You can clear out the entire first encampment during that one moonshine story mission in Bayou Nwa without getting spotted. That's over a dozen kills right there.

Stealth in this game is actually pretty damn good.
No, it isn't.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Like 2 hours ago i was Trader Rank 9, i am now Rank 12. So yeah as soon as you reach Rank 10 and get that Hunting Wagon + Large Wagon and when you reach Rank 11 and unlock Efficiency Skill you go through ranks really fast. Now i need to push Bounty Hunting and Moonshiner roles a bit more. I just did intro missions for Moonshining and i am Rank 8 or 9 for Bounty Hunter.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm around halfway through both the outlaw pass and moonshiner. Going a little slower this time because all the other roles have been maxed out for months.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
It's probably just bogged down from people trying to use their free change ticket I heard going into a legendary bounty and trying to get into the appearance changer works.

I think you're right, accessing the character editor from inside a Legendary Bounty worked like a charm. Finally cleaned up some details I skipped over during the initial creation.

EMZZXn9X0AI1--y

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a really long time but didn't Rockstar have a functional stealth system for Manhunt back on the PS2? I can barely remember that game but I'm pretty sure stealth was the way it was supposed to be played.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I have yet to successfully poison a rival still.

Same. Closest I got was crouching all the way up to the still and the "poison still" prompt appears. I do that and my character stands up and walks to the othe other side of the still alerting everyone. By the time the poisoning animation finished I was down to maybe 15% health. It's just not worth it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like that game is getting more and more hackers. Friend of mine got in game and got teleported around the map and got on fire and then other players got teleported at the same place and got on fire and then all of them blew up. And game then shows up others that other players killed them.

And then things repeat until people start reportinf eachother.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like that game is getting more and more hackers. Friend of mine got in game and got teleported around the map and got on fire and then other players got teleported at the same place and got on fire and then all of them blew up. And game then shows up others that other players killed them.

Yeah, noticed this earlier too. It's fine when they're helping me, but they can fuck off when they try teleporting me and shit.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I have yet to successfully poison a rival still.

My shack is in tall trees, and the two varients of this mission both have a clear and obvious path of stealth kills required to do so. Both involve killing basically everyone starting at the entrance to the camp from whatever the main road was to get there. Arrow headshots one after the other, with careful timing needed for the one roaming guard. I was equally frustrated early on, trying to approach from closest to the still, but ended in failure each time. Now I have it down to a science.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Any tips on at least doing the trader stuff? It is slowly turning into GTAO meter bars and I may just drop this entirely.

Not really. I recommend to just keep it a casual leveling experience and not a focus. Do your dalies for that free xp which will slowly build up materials, then the easy resuppy missions and trade route every time the event pops up, followed by selling on days where the $200 dollar sale daily appears which is at least once a week. The role is not worth spending hours trying to find 3 stars on glitchy servers. Money can be made better other ways, so leave it as a small checklist to do everyday and it becomes way more manageable.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Not really. I recommend to just keep it a casual leveling experience and not a focus. Do your dalies for that free xp which will slowly build up materials, then the easy resuppy missions and trade route every time the event pops up, followed by selling on days where the $200 dollar sale daily appears which is at least once a week. The role is not worth spending hours trying to find 3 stars on glitchy servers. Money can be made better other ways, so leave it as a small checklist to do everyday and it becomes way more manageable.

How do you know which dailies give you supplies? The 200 dollar sale daily is you will that much?

I been trying to do it casually but it's so annoying it's constantly like halted lol.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
How do you know which dailies give you supplies? The 200 dollar sale daily is you will that much?

I been trying to do it casually but it's so annoying it's constantly like halted lol.

The dailies don't give you supplies. But, when they ask for 10 small carcasses or 7 medium ones etc, you will slowly be getting supplies while feeding gold, which is a useful goal. What they do give you is trader xp that is useful. Also, for leveling, production halted because you need supplies is a semi good thing. Those give a ton of xp. And honestly, once you reach level 20, you have zero reason to bother with the role at all unless you want more gold from those dalies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Any tips on at least doing the trader stuff? It is slowly turning into GTAO meter bars and I may just drop this entirely.

It is more-less grind until you reach at least level 5 to get medium wagon that gives you 1000XP for local delivery, then it gets better at level 10 when you get hunting wagon and at level 11 when you get efficiency skill (more materials per carcass).

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017

PC or consoles?

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I can't find arrowheads at all really. I get lucky if I look them up but sometimes even that website I can't find them. Guess just getting for the metal detector?

Go for alcohol and flowers until I do?

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I can't find arrowheads at all really. I get lucky if I look them up but sometimes even that website I can't find them. Guess just getting for the metal detector?

Go for alcohol and flowers until I do?

Make the metal detector (and the shovel if you haven't got it?) a priority purchase. Jewelry and coin collections are easy to do and good money ($500 for each complete coin collection, for instance).

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Ranking up as collector is pretty easy, thankfully. Until you have all the hardware, go for tarot cards (these are all over the place), bottles, heirlooms, flowers and eggs (you need a varmint rifle or small game arrows for the ones in treetop nests). Don't worry about collecting duplicates, you still get XP for finding them, and they'll just carry over into your next complete set. Also keep in mind that selling a full set of any kind is worth 1500 collector XP.

Once you have the detector you'll hit rank 20 in no time at all.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Their gameplay in general doesn't suit stealth and a lot of the time it's bugged. You can silently kill an enemy nowhere near anyone else, and the rest of them get aggroed.

I don't see how it doesn't suit it. You do the crouchy up to someone, kill some all sneaky like and then hide the body. Tah dah, stealth. That's already more than most half-baked attempts at shoving stealth in a game. As for the aggro, must be some strange bug, or you're just getting caught. I know in some encounters, you're automatically spotted as soon as you get in the area for some design reason.

Ultimately, when it's working as intended and allowed, it's a very viable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.