• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how it doesn't suit it. You do the crouchy up to someone, kill some all sneaky like and then hide the body. Tah dah, stealth. That's already more than most half-baked attempts at shoving stealth in a game. As for the aggro, must be some strange bug, or you're just getting caught. I know in some encounters, you're automatically spotted as soon as you get in the area for some design reason.

Ultimately, when it's working as intended and allowed, it's a very viable option.
Carrying people is a proper arseache, it takes ages and it takes you out of crouch. No thanks. Should be able to drag them whilst crouched, like Hitman

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Two more levels and i completed Outlaw Pass. I took me bit more than 2 weeks XD

Also Freedom!!! XD

LRfhbhq.png

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got the band expansion for my bar. This whole business is easily the best thing they've added so far. My character is playing some christmas music.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Finally decided to jump back in (on Xbox). Earlier in the beta I was having tons of trouble connecting; it would constantly give me the "unable to connect to rockstar services" error and boot me out, making online basically unplayable.

Now that I'm back, it...still seems to happen pretty often. What is very curious though is that the game runs 10x better in a "private" lobby. Sometimes when my crew is doing a mission we'll get booted back out into a lobby with just the three of us in there. The animals are plentiful, everything works great and I have zero problems with getting kicked out of the game. When I'm in a standard public lobby there's also numerous problems with the moonshining business not letting me inside. (which im assuming is from someone using it at the time?)

Is anyone else still having disconnect problems? I've tried everything and exhausted the list back before, but I'm willing to try anything else I guess.
Hopefully in the next few weeks they'll fix the poor animal spawns and fix up the moonshining stuff. it's a lot of fun but I hate that its barely playable.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'll assume everyone knows this but you can exclusively eat apples and your weight won't go up or down it takes 3 or 4 apples to fill your health and stamina core my character has been living off apples and cigars for almost a year now.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Too bad this game is a buggy ass mess. I can't even get money or experience for doing bounties. Can't change session after cold start up of game, puts me into infinite loading. Man...

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/ map is so weird. Sometimes it's spot on, other times you go and the thing isn't there.

Yeah, Rockstar seems to have really mixed it up. The cycles might be by region... If I spot a few items around me and match it to a cycle, I can usually clean up that area of items, but then if I travel to another region items I expect to see there usually aren't.

It makes some sense, it was so easy to map out a route for 2 hours and clean up.

I wouldn't mind it if the collectors maps from Nazar pointed you to items you don't already have... but any time I get one of those it's usually the same handful of collectibles so I've got like a thousand 3 of cups.

The only thing I don't like about the collectibles is how arbitrary they are. Like the wild flowers make sense, they're usually in specific regions and you go to those regions and can usually find them. But, something like... the arrow heads are just completely arbitrary. Like, if they were all at famous spots in the map or osmething it'd be one thing, but they're just scattered in random locations so that's frustrating/.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I always see loads of animals on the PC, it's nice. Weird too since they were nigh non-existent on PS4 for me.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm fairly close to rank 70, and level 13ish in moonshining.

It's funny how covering the map with snow has completely undone my sense of direction. I never have any idea where I am anymore.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it seems rockstar didnt feel the need to fuck with progression for the season pass, still the best in the business. Do whatever you want and it levels super quick.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
So i just got back into this after a while and I've been having some issues playing on PS4.

For some reason sometimes if I try to change sessions the game gets stuck on a infinite loading screen, does anybody else has this issue?

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Maxed out my season pass just before Christmas. Guess it's time to level up the remaining roles now? Buy all the pamphlets? Got a 40+ day challenge streak that I intend to keep for as long as possible too...

Big fan of the snowy map btw. Wonder if they'll ever do it in reverse, like thawing much of Ambarino.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
man, im loving this. cant help it, gotta hunt and find treasure all day every day!

had some awesome moments last night, just when i was sneaking slowly in some forest looking for any animals it started to rain snow like crazy and the sound of the wind got terrifying in my earphones, i felt the cold chill in my body lol. just amazing atmosphere. i mean i knew its snowy now but i didnt expect a full-blown snowstorm.. good stuff.

a bit later some other player sneaked up on me from behind and simply shot my hat off, i freaked the FUCK out because i didnt have my minimap on and i was just basically doing nothing, not expecting anyone to be anywhere near me. kudos to that person, really got me :D

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I did a bounty last night and all 4 targets were in a group all bunched up so I threw some dynamite killed 3 but one guy ran off and slammed face first into a tree on his horse it only knocked him out though it was pretty funny.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Their gameplay in general doesn't suit stealth and a lot of the time it's bugged. You can silently kill an enemy nowhere near anyone else, and the rest of them get aggroed.

I'm with the other guy the stealth in this game is not only way good for a R* game but decent enough in general, honestly haven't had any issue with it such as the type you're describing above.

That said, doesn't mean it's gonna be adequate enough for everyone and if you've had issues like that with it I can understand.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Hit a pretty useful bug while working on my Trader stuff..

The Resupply mission isn't filling up Production at all but is filling up the Materials bar so I can just keep doing resupply missions for 500XP/500 Trader each time in way less time than deliveries.

Going to go from 17 to 20 tonight.

Also turned around from the Butcher table and saw this...even the horse shitting on his hat and forming a pile hasn't gotten Cripps to move.

EMskpC0WwAAHVSN

Last edited:

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Snows gone probably no drip feed for another two weeks which sucks because there's a coat in the drip feed I want really bad.:(

Last edited:

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Oooo. I like that too! I need a new black vest, hopefully one that doesn't cost gold bars though!

I know we hardly ever get new vests and when we do it's some ugly snake skin or weird leather vest or has giant flaps on it for some reason. No kidding gold prices used to not be so bad but shit costs 6-15 gold now and it's a fucking rip off 15 gold is two or three dollars if you want a few gold only items it adds up quick.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain the main loop? I decided to give this another go and I'm kind of lost. I did the first mission where its match made pve, was pretty fun. But since then I've not found another and it's all pvp. What am I missing?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
It must suck to be a video game developer last year everyone begged for snow and cried when we didn't get it this year we got it and people cried because it was hard to see and blinding people. People need to learn to adjust their brightness it's an option for a reason.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
I wished I could enjoy the Moonshine role, but I either have the bug with infinite loading when launching a mission/a sell or I have the bug with all NPC missing in the distillery. Maybe in few weeks it'll work better.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Just the decorations alone would have been killer instead of snow in a sea level desert and bayou. Considering I was still hot in the bayou lol.

I didn't really care to have it and nor did it add anything. It was neat in GTAO because it's CA and no snow exists on the map. Also don't care for it anymore even though sliding around in cars is fun.

Really the decorations were top notch in RDRO but it snowing didn't add anything neat.

Sure a blizzard happened once for the entire time I was playing but not like my character knew haha.

Can also just turn down particle effects. But that sucks.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Were people really griping about the snow? I thought it was awesome and was bummed when it was all gone this morning.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely loved the snow - sad to see it was gone today. Felt like a winter wonderland, even got me to buy new coat to ride around in.

Status
Not open for further replies.