• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
How do you set an outfit as the "default" outfit when you load into the game? I'm getting tired of always changing out of my raggy-ass clothes into my nice duds all the time.

I think it's a bug. I have an outfit set as default but since a recent update whenevr I fast travel or do anything it swaps it out.

I think I found removing all outfits from my horse, and then adding them back and wearing one helped me fix the bug at least temporarily.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to find random "Poison Enemies Moonshine" events in the map now?

Because I got that two times today while hunting in Tall Trees.

They were exactly like a Bootlegger mission, but without a timer.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Is it possible to find random "Poison Enemies Moonshine" events in the map now?

Because I got that two times today while hunting in Tall Trees.

They were exactly like a Bootlegger mission, but without a timer.
Yes, they spawn similarly to gang hideouts and like you say, they work the same as the poison still Bootlegger missions. They have a red icon.

There are also Moonshiner random events (the white blip events you see on the mini-map) that can give you a new recipe for Moonshine (that you can't get any other way). I think it's called Poison Poppy, or something like that.

Those white blip events have predefined spawn locations, mostly in Lemoyne and Cumberland Forrest, but there's one in Big Valley (and none in New Austin). My shack is in Tall Trees and I rarely visit Big Valley let alone the locales further afield, so I still haven't seen that event and probably never will. They have a 30 min cooldown from other Moonshine activities too.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, they spawn similarly to gang hideouts and like you say, they work the same as the poison still Bootlegger missions. They have a red icon.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

There are also Moonshiner random events (the white blip events you see on the mini-map) that can give you a new recipe for Moonshine (that you can't get any other way). I think it's called Poison Poppy, or something like that.

Those white blip events have predefined spawn locations, mostly in Lemoyne and Cumberland Forrest, but there's one in Big Valley (and none in New Austin). My shack is in Tall Trees and I rarely visit Big Valley let alone the locales further afield, so I still haven't seen that event and probably never will. They have a 30 min cooldown from other Moonshine activities too.
Do I have to do like a Bootlegger mission then wait 30 minutes or I can get it 30 minute right after opening the game tomorrow?

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Do I have to do like a Bootlegger mission then wait 30 minutes or I can get it 30 minute right after opening the game tomorrow?
If you do any Moonshine activity, a 30 minute cooldown starts, and the white blip event can't occur during the cooldown period.

That said, it's said to be quite buggy. The white blip events stop happening in populated servers at the best of times, and the cooldown aspect is said to be a bit buggy too.

Some people recommend doing at least one Moonshine activity to start the cooldown timer, and then going looking for the Moonshiner white blips after the cooldown finishes. But technically you should be able to find them as soon as you're in the game, provided you haven't done any Moonshine activities.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I have never been happier with a digital horse than I am right now. I hit level 12 in the Collector role and now my horse can pick herbs up off the ground and hand them to me so I don't have to dismount.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I have never been happier with a digital horse than I am right now. I hit level 12 in the Collector role and now my horse can pick herbs up off the ground and hand them to me so I don't have to dismount.

Just FYI, if there's a "pick x herb y times" daily challenge sometimes picking one with your horse won't count. Something to keep in mind.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

I recently restarted the single player and I'm missing my OP abilities in Online so bad. Picking up herbs, your controller rattling, and other things that make collecting so much more seamless.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Where do you guys find these? I don't want to boot up to try to find it lol

Rockstar's Newswire gives an overview of special clothing and general weekly features.

The Wheeler, Rawson & Co. catalogue has a selection of new wares available for purchase this week. Permanent additions include the Charleston and Reaves Top Hats and the men's Caugherty Shirt.

Meanwhile, the Morning Tail, Irwin and Eberhart Coats, plus the Furred and Woodland Gloves are available for on a limited time only basis, so make sure to get them while you can. These items and so many more can be purchased either at your local Tailor or via the Catalogue's mail order.

Other stuff this week:

Whether you're new to Frontier Pursuits or you've journeyed through each path you can pick up a 40% XP boost from Role activities for both your character progression and your Role progression this week.
  • Moonshiner: 40% XP & Role XP boost on all Sales, Moonshine Story and Bootlegger Missions
  • Bounty Hunter: 40% XP & Role XP boost on Bounty Hunter Missions, including Legendary Bounties
  • Trader: 40% XP & Role XP boost on Sales and Resupply Missions, as well as making Stew in your camp
  • Collector: 40% XP & Role XP boost on sales of complete Collection sets

If your purse strings are tight, there are plenty of ways to save coin in Red Dead Online. Moonshiners can take 25% off the price of all Moonshiner Properties (including property relocation fees). Upgrade your property with a Bar Expansion to entertain friends and serve Marcel's masterfully crafted Moonshine in, then decorate with customizable Bar Themes.

Elsewhere, you can take 5 Gold Bars off the Bounty Hunter License, Butcher Table and Collector's Bag. If you're looking to establish your camp, take 30% off the Stew Pot and Weapons Locker -- both should help you fend for yourself out in the wilderness.

PlayStation Plus members receive 3 Free Mash Refills and Trader Resupplies this week, and those Red Dead Online players who connected their Social Club account with Twitch Prime will receive the Collector's Bag and Polished Copper Moonshine Still, both free of charge (visit Twitch Prime to sign up).

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Just FYI, if there's a "pick x herb y times" daily challenge sometimes picking one with your horse won't count. Something to keep in mind.
Yep, and further to that, if you've been using the horse to pick some different herbs up even prior to getting the daily ones on foot, it's not uncommon for some of the on foot ones not to count. So for the daily challenge, it's best to grab everything on foot until the challenge is complete (i.e. just go straight for the challenge ones immediately). Super annoying.

Where do you guys find these? I don't want to boot up to try to find it lol
The new event week starts about 8pm or 9pm my time, so I'm in the game generally, and just visit the tailor :)
The Newswire usually comes out roughly 6 hours later.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
That XP bump is pretty ridiculous - went from level 17-20 Collector with one visit to Madam Nazar and up two regular levels.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Maybe a dumb question about the Collector role and collections, but do I have to wait until I have a complete collection before I turn it into Madame N for reward, or can I turn in one piece at a time?

Seems like it would take a long time to get any reward from this role if you have to wait until you have a full collection.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a dumb question about the Collector role and collections, but do I have to wait until I have a complete collection before I turn it into Madame N for reward, or can I turn in one piece at a time?

Seems like it would take a long time to get any reward from this role if you have to wait until you have a full collection.

You can do one at a time, but you miss out on a hefty bonus for turning them all in at once.

This map is a pretty great way for tracking down items if you haven't seen it already.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
So, I have no clue what is limited >.> Or is it literally the stuff they listed in newswire? Some men only stuff there >.>
In the catalogue they're marked as "Limited Stock."

Items pay double when sold as part of a collection.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Quick question. I have several duplicate collectibles for Collector's role. Should I keep them for second/third full collection, or sell them separately? Also, is Metal Detector worth it if I'm using collectibles map?

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I sell the duplicate collectibles because you find a bunch of them and you'll never struggle to find them again. Metal Detector is not only worth it, it is essential to find some collectibles.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
"Improvements to reduce issues with ambient wildlife populations..."

Nice, let's hope it sticks. Right now it looks like just PS4+X1 and PC coming later.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question. I have several duplicate collectibles for Collector's role. Should I keep them for second/third full collection, or sell them separately? Also, is Metal Detector worth it if I'm using collectibles map?

Yeah, you need the metal detector for a lot of buried objects. I'd even add the metal detector makes the game a lot more fun... I usually have it out when just riding from point a to point b. It's got a pretty big catch radius. Makes the world feel much more explorable.

All of the reports I'm seeing are that it fixed nothing.

lol, perfect

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
1.18 patch just got released on PS4, 3.334 GB.
giphy.gif

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Some how found myself in an RP Posse last night. I don't use a mic so they all called me "Mute Lady"(my character is female). Definitely one of the weirdest, most hilarious experiences I've had to date online. I say that as someone who likes to role play internally. Those guys were really going for it.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I've got attacked by the pack of wolves. Man, it has been ages since it happened last time. So the patch helped, at least a little. I should visit Bayou to see if I stumble on crocodiles.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think there's any chance they will separate free-aim from the lock-on players? I'm kinda tired of getting trolled. Sometimes I win but most of the time it's a very negative experience that ruins the mood. Then sitting through the loadtimes I usually just play something else. This is so close to being an awesome chill and enjoy game... so close but so far.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it I keep getting zero credit for making deliveries in literally every role?

Will R* be reimbursing me for the hundreds of dollars I've lost over the last few days.

Camps are bugged again now too. What kind of incompetent devs does R* employ over there.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
The initial load into my camp seemed way faster tonight

Animal density was also way up for me - swamps had a ton of both gator sizes,birds, deer, and hogs packed into it.

Also had about a half dozen cougar attacks in 3 hours. The last of which scared the shit out of me because the thing didn't make a damn sound until it was on my back and I was just starting the animation to pick up a tarot card.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Wish whatever worked for you from the patches worked for me, my shit is more broken than before now and I still have no animals T_T

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Patch only made things worse for me, still no animals and now the camp is broken again.
Camps are mostly OK for me. I've noticed that the threshold for zero animals seems to have increased slightly, from 20 to about 23 for me. At 20-22 players I'm now getting occasional animals.

Every time I attempt to switch lobbies now I get the infinite loading bug though. Basically, if I want to join a new session I have to quit completely out of the game and relaunch it again.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Traded in so many things to Madam Nazar that the game crashed. It started taking 15-20 seconds for every transaction to process.

I'm trying to wipe out my inventory and start fresh. Should hit 10,000 by the time I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.