• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Built from the ground up for the latest hardware, Red Dead Online blends the classic multiplayer of the original Red Dead Redemption with the best of everything we have learned since then about creating deep multiplayer experiences. The result is something completely new and fun, and an experience that will continue to expand and evolve over time.

Well, that gives me a little confidence.

Oct 27, 2017
Currently on Chapter VI. I really don't want to play Online before completing the story, however it's tempting. Also wondering if there's any goodies for those who log in on the first day/week.

My expectations were set low for this, but still, it makes me sad to see zero mention of Blackjack, Dominoes or Poker. I know it's tricky now with the ability to buy money, but they could have had those games just be a fun activity instead of you walking away with the winnings. Fingers crossed they just included them in "open world challenged and much more"...

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's probably this.

I bet they shoved a ton more easter egg encounters into online too. Getting hyped now.
Going to bed is gonna be difficult now, I've been very excited for RDOnline and finding out that it's tomorrow - god damn!

Time to boot up the singleplayer and start practicing my cowboy accent for the online chat.

I hope the game has a passive lobby. I want to hang out in the saloon and go hunting and fishing without players coming in and shooting everybody.

The "Friendly" lobbies in RDR's multiplayer were the best for the relaxed kind of fun, where there's all people but no worry about being shot.

Want to engage in some wild west PVP? Hop in the normal ones. Enjoy a more relaxed experience? Friendly it is!

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Looking forward to trying it out, but won't really jump in until I've finished the story. I'm still in Chapter 3 so I have ways to go.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Going to bed is gonna be difficult now, I've been very excited for RDOnline and finding out that it's tomorrow - god damn!

Time to boot up the singleplayer and start practicing my cowboy accent for the online chat.

The "Friendly" lobbies in RDR's multiplayer were the best for the relaxed kind of fun, where there's all people but no worry about being shot.

Want to engage in some wild west PVP? Hop in the normal ones. Enjoy a more relaxed experience? Friendly it is!

I'm jealous of your early access even if it isn't that much earlier lol...nice to hear about friendly lobbies hope they added those for this one. Definitely just want to chew on a cigar while playing some poker peaceably with others on occasion.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me tommorow:
giphy.gif

Can't wait to make a black cowboy

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on if you want to have finished the main game before playing online, spoiler-wise?

Raven Prime

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how they determine your right to play, I think I started installing RDR2 on the release day, but didn't actually play until after midnight..

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how they determine your right to play, I think I started installing RDR2 on the release day, but didn't actually play until after midnight..

Maybe through Social Club? Hopefully for your sake it isn't cut off strictly at midnight and offers some timezone leeway or something. I recall things barely loading in Social Club the first day for me so who knows if it even tracked when I started correctly.

Raven Prime

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe through Social Club? Hopefully for your sake it isn't cut off strictly at midnight and offers some timezone leeway or something. I recall things barely loading in Social Club the first day for me so who knows if it even tracked when I started correctly.

Yeah let's hope so, but seeing how on that actual day my schedule tends to be full anyway, it doesn't matter too much. Besides, I have been waiting for so long by now, that another 24 hours won't hurt. I am really looking forward to the online though.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Just keep in mind that just about half of the people you will see of the first week online are Streamers trying to make HIGH-larious highlight reels.

So, join them or screw them over.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
My investment in this game will 100% depend on the ability to avoid trolls and trolling. If they force me to interact with undesirables I will shelve the game immediately and indefinitely.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Red Dead Online blends the classic multiplayer of the original Red Dead Redemption with the best of everything we have learned since then about creating deep multiplayer experiences
Interesting wording on their part. Seems to kind of imply that it's more based on the RDR MP and less on the GTAV MP, which is a good thing in my book.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can only assume the opening mission is one of the main cast breaking you out of jail. But someone who has a relatively minor role so they get to shine in here

Status
Not open for further replies.