• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
I enjoy it and always find it kinda frustrating when people complain about it, it's for such a small period of time (especially in RDO case apparently at only 3 days -_-). Then again there's people that complain about any weather in the game that isn't clear and sunny so whatever.

Khilandros

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The snow was amazing and I miss it.
The blizzards were so fun to go through, even fast traveled to Colter just to have my character fighting the winds, snow blindness, etc to hunt there.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why, but I aint complaining.

pWsYx3w.png

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I really miss the snow too. Figured it would last until New Year's, which has been the case with GTAV in recent years. I never had issues with visibility unless it was a blizzard, which is sorta the point. No worse than torrential rains.

This updates only deepened my desire for seasons in RDO. Imagine Autumn in Tall Trees and Roanoke Ridge. Muggy Summer hell days in the Bayou. I'm insane so make them last three real life months, but having a year play out between Outlaw Passes would work as well.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird all of my sessions still have snow. I'm mostly tired of it thought I thought it was way better done than GTA Online. But riding around New Austin and cholla springs where it's 92 and snow is on the ground is a little ridiculous.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really don't know why I bother with this broken game. I have literally seen no animals in days. Every session I get stuck on infinite loading at least once. And my camp only spawns when I load into camp from the main menu, starting free roam? No chance.

It's getting really frustrating and the longer this game runs there are just spawning new problems and Rockstar seems to not give a single fuck to fix anything.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I love the snow :(

Was busy while it was active and barely got to experience it outside of daily challenges. BRING IT BACK ROCKSTAR

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed sometimes when I'm in the dressing room my clothes look weird but when changing my clothes at my camp they don't. The biggest thing I noticed is hats look gigantic in the dressing room but look fine in game.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Redownloaded the game recently but every time i go online i end up in a lobby on my own, is there something I've not done?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today i encountered no alligators server, random camp placement, $$$ bounty pay less than $$ bounty...

This game really can be mess.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Redownloaded the game recently but every time i go online i end up in a lobby on my own, is there something I've not done?

I don't know but I want to know your secret cause solos sessions are the only way to get animals in your session it seems.

I really don't know why I bother with this broken game. I have literally seen no animals in days. Every session I get stuck on infinite loading at least once. And my camp only spawns when I load into camp from the main menu, starting free roam? No chance.

It's getting really frustrating and the longer this game runs there are just spawning new problems and Rockstar seems to not give a single fuck to fix anything.

I feel your pain and I'm just as frustrated. The camp thing supposedly was fixed but that's why we can't find animals anymore is what I'm told (the fix made sure we had full sessions and the game apparently can't handle a full session and animals but even if there is only 20 people which I hear is the magic number I still don't see animals). But I'm finding the camp thing is better but definitely not fixed. At this point I'm mostly play8mg cause I want the husky from the outlaw pass and then I'm quitting unless I hear they fix the animal thing as hunting is my favorite thing in the game. I mean there is a workaround if you have a hunting wagon but it's a pain to habe to go into a legendary bounty just to get a few supplies (the wagon doesn't carry much) and ruins the fun of hunting when I hav to load up a session just to hunt solely.

But they also ruined bounties for me by effectively giving you one life if you want to catch the bounty alive. If you die it spawns you so far away the game instantly decides the bounty escaped cause you went too far from it (even if you just tied the bounty up). And collector is hit or miss now. They really fucked up this game with this update with their "fixes".

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The worst thing is that I'm having a blast when everything works. I played online for more than 200 hours now on 3 different platforms and enjoyed them all. But it doesn't matter which platform I play now. Every version is just completely broken. Guess I need to find myself a new addiction for the time being until at least some things get fixed. Though I don't think much will change, the camp bug alone is months old by now.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm checked out II have 2k cash and 100 gold so I'm good buy whatever drip feed I want hopefully they patch the bugs before I run out of cash and gold buying clothes.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
The worst thing is that I'm having a blast when everything works. I played online for more than 200 hours now on 3 different platforms and enjoyed them all. But it doesn't matter which platform I play now. Every version is just completely broken. Guess I need to find myself a new addiction for the time being until at least some things get fixed. Though I don't think much will change, the camp bug alone is months old by now.

You pretty much are echoing my sentiments. I loved the update with trader/collector/bounty but now they fucked up all three and you pretty much hit the nail on the head (sadly including the not thinking much will change... I mean people were complaining about servers not having animals before and now they made it worse... no server has animals now. Used to be if you changed servers you could find an animal server). Moonshine is nice but what I liked about the previous three is it gave me a variety of things to do... now only one thing isn't completely fucked up.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
You pretty much are echoing my sentiments. I loved the update with trader/collector/bounty but now they fucked up all three and you pretty much hit the nail on the head (sadly including the not thinking much will change... I mean people were complaining about servers not having animals before and now they made it worse... no server has animals now. Used to be if you changed servers you could find an animal server). Moonshine is nice but what I liked about the previous three is it gave me a variety of things to do... now only one thing isn't completely fucked up.

The worst part is everyone knows why the animals wont work but Rockstar is dragging their feet on lowering the server capacity so hard they are making trenches. They already have a limit on how many posses can be in a single server it's 4 from what I've heard so just limit it to 15 people.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
The worst part is everyone knows why the animals wont work but Rockstar is dragging their feet on lowering the server capacity so hard they are making trenches. They already have a limit on how many posses can be in a single server it's 4 from what I've heard so just limit it to 15 people.

Ah... put it this way. I play Red Dead adn Fallout 76. Fallout 76 pisses me off a whole lot less than RDR does. It has plenty of bugs but none of them are as obnoxious or get int he way of doing what I love in the game like RDR's problems do. And FO76 crashes less on me! Hell, FO76 in general doesn't piss me off with its bugs (well other than a huge one that affects PC only but Bethesda better fucking get on it cause it's a gamebreaker <- allowing hackers to steal other people's stuff. I'm not playing just in case even though I'm on console and part of me also thinks that I shouldn't in sympathy with the PC players). Hell, RDR now does this thing where if I Have to change servers or I log off and later come back, I have to quit hte game first (and do the long reload again) or I end up in an infinite load loop.

It's frustrating cause after the first career add ons (trader/collector/bounty) I could tell I could have a lot of fun in the game. But now the game just pisses me off. I guess I still have hope cause I"m still trying to get that husky in case they ever fucking redeem it.

But Rockstar does not fix things unless it affects selling gold bars/shark cards. If it doesn't make it too easy to get gold bars they don't care (notice they fixed collector trade cause it was too easy to make money, at least from their POV. PErsonally I thought it was a lot of fun how it was balanced before but now I barely bother with it. I don't mind they fixed it that it is hard to predict. But I have noticed it was a lot more likely to find something even without using maps before and now you rarely find stuff).

(and this is why pay for convenience/pay to win/microtransactions are a cancer on games... I'd say chasing the money for those are actually a big fault of why both FO76 and RDR have big issues.. cause they developers don't care as long as it doesn't affect the MT sales and they have to do so low effort to make MT sales. Just make the game balanced in order to push people to pay to fix the game).

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Ah... put it this way. I play Red Dead adn Fallout 76. Fallout 76 pisses me off a whole lot less than RDR does. It has plenty of bugs but none of them are as obnoxious or get int he way of doing what I love in the game like RDR's problems do. And FO76 crashes less on me! Hell, FO76 in general doesn't piss me off with its bugs (well other than a huge one that affects PC only but Bethesda better fucking get on it cause it's a gamebreaker <- allowing hackers to steal other people's stuff. I'm not playing just in case even though I'm on console and part of me also thinks that I shouldn't in sympathy with the PC players). Hell, RDR now does this thing where if I Have to change servers or I log off and later come back, I have to quit hte game first (and do the long reload again) or I end up in an infinite load loop.

It's frustrating cause after the first career add ons (trader/collector/bounty) I could tell I could have a lot of fun in the game. But now the game just pisses me off. I guess I still have hope cause I"m still trying to get that husky in case they ever fucking redeem it.

But Rockstar does not fix things unless it affects selling gold bars/shark cards. If it doesn't make it too easy to get gold bars they don't care (notice they fixed collector trade cause it was too easy to make money, at least from their POV. PErsonally I thought it was a lot of fun how it was balanced before but now I barely bother with it. I don't mind they fixed it that it is hard to predict. But I have noticed it was a lot more likely to find something even without using maps before and now you rarely find stuff).

(and this is why pay for convenience/pay to win/microtransactions are a cancer on games... I'd say chasing the money for those are actually a big fault of why both FO76 and RDR have big issues.. cause they developers don't care as long as it doesn't affect the MT sales and they have to do so low effort to make MT sales. Just make the game balanced in order to push people to pay to fix the game).

RDO bugs are annoying I don't play during primetime hours even when I'm off during the start of the week because I know if I do I'll get disconnected and infinite loading screened to death I've had a trader delivery ready to go for almost two weeks but I don't wanna lose it so it's just sitting there.

Sometimes they even patch things that make them money it's confusing people on reddit found out the links to the social club catalog would let you buy past drip feed items and Rockstar patched it in a day or two I know I spent almost all the gold I'd earned playing all summer during that glitch getting clothes I wanted.

FOMO cash shops are the worst and enable the selling of low quality items because it's limited people will buy almost anything I know I've gotten some weird leather vests with giant pockets just because it was limited. Most of the RDO stuff is pretty nice and you can tell they put quite a bit of effort into it but every once in awhile we'll have those weird cow ponchos or leather vests made of plastic.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think nobody would mind servers with only a handful of people on them. Most players I know just want to do the Pursuit stuff and mind their own business. It's espacially frustrating to know that low population numbers would fix a lot of the problems the game has. But I guess nobody would buy these giant pink hats if nobody else would see them.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Did you all hear about Take-Two suing that guy that was porting RDR1 to RDR2? Apparently they told him to stop a couple of times and the last time they told him to stop or get sued he told them the files might get leaked if he stopped people are saying it was just a texture mod hmm.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe the infinite loading issues are still here. I get it constantly. Every other loading screen for me is an infinite loading screen. It's extremely frustrating.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had infinite loading issues, mostly only running into empty animal servers especially around Great Plains and valentine areas. If I go up North east I'll usually see more animals but still only mostly small deer.

It's a shame they can't get this right with animal spawns, because the animals are one of the most dynamic parts of the game.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I have 40 gold bars, should I get the outlaw pass or moonshiners role?

If you have 40 on the dot I'd just go with Moonshiners. That is actual fun, new content.

Alternatively, you can drop 40 on the outlaw pass and by working your way through it you'll eventually get all 40 gold back. Which means once you get 25 gold you can just buy the Moonshiners role. Question is... do you have stuff to do in the meantime to rank up your outlaw pass? If you love collecting some collectables, and don't mind doing some non-moonshiner stuff for a few days, it shouldn't take long to make a dent in the outlaw pass and make that gold back.

If you can grind it out to 65 gold and get both that's the ideal path. Though that's obviously a pain in the ass. Outlaw Pass gets you a 15% role xp boost which helps with ranking up through Moonshiners.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God, I hate treasure maps. Running around a big gold circle spamming eagle eye.

What system are you playing on? I was playing on PC using a PS4 controller and was having the same issue. When I switched to using an Xbox One controller, I realized that the controller would vibrate when I'd get close to the treasure chest and would vibrate more and more the closer I got. It made it so so so much easier to find them.

I have 40 gold bars, should I get the outlaw pass or moonshiners role?

Outlaw pass. You'll earn back the 40 gold bars as you level up the pass and can then use those gold bars to buy moonshiner.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What system are you playing on? I was playing on PC using a PS4 controller and was having the same issue. When I switched to using an Xbox One controller, I realized that the controller would vibrate when I'd get close to the treasure chest and would vibrate more and more the closer I got. It made it so so so much easier to find them.

Outlaw pass. You'll earn back the 40 gold bars as you level up the pass and can then use those gold bars to buy moonshiner.
Xbox controller, I need to renable vibration it seems

Also got outlaw pass since I'm not far from 100

nova369

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 23, 2019
I play on PC: Does anyone else experience empty or barren lobbies when you matchmake for pvp modes? For example, I'll queue up for Showdown series and it will take me out of the game world and put me into a lobby with about 4 people total where we just wait at the team selection screen and then the game mode will start before getting any more players.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
In Xbox One all of my sessions are still snow sessions. Is that the case for everyone? Most are talking about missing the snow but all of my sessions are still snow. I thought the snow was well done better than GTA for sure but I'm over it.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
This stupid game I logged on last night at 2 AM and got disconnected in two minutes the server wasn't even full I ended up just playing something else. Someone on reddit says the bounty boards are giving random ranks instead of the one you pick which explains why I've been getting 7-12 dollars for 3 star bounties alive.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to posse up for these legendary bounty hunts? For what seems to be no reason they have no MM and posse up just assigns you a random group, usually who are content just shooting at each other.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some rank 1 bounties are harder than rank 3 bounties atm. Wtf is going on with this game. Funny enough that sometimes my character is not able to interact with the bounty boards at all. I have to relog, hope to not get stuck in infinite loading, and then hope to be able to interact... Otherwise I need to travel to the next board to accept bounties.

There is not a single thing in this game atm that can be played without problems.

Goddamnit Rockstar get your shit together.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Some rank 1 bounties are harder than rank 3 bounties atm. Wtf is going on with this game. Funny enough that sometimes my character is not able to interact with the bounty boards at all. I have to relog, hope to not get stuck in infinite loading, and then hope to be able to interact... Otherwise I need to travel to the next board to accept bounties.

There is not a single thing in this game atm that can be played without problems.

Goddamnit Rockstar get your shit together.

Rank 1 caravan bounties are pretty hard I I do them when I want to challenge myself to bring a target in alive 3 star bounties just run off the second the timer starts or they cower in a corner until you get around to catching them. They are harder because the target is riding in one of the 3 wagons either as a passenger or in the front seat and they are all so bunched together good luck figuring out which one is the target I know they glow red but caravan bounties are anarchy with mini guns and shit going off non stop.

I also think targets being on trains should have been a 3 star only mission type because I've done a grand total of 1 train bounty in my 248 bounties completed.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
ngl, was hoping for more

7i9X4qP.png
odZoqng.png

It shows the value in the collectors bag if you want to hunt for the most lucrative. I believe coins, family heirlooms, and jewelry are the most expensive ... Coins at like $560 or something, heirlooms are in the $300s. Arrowheads are up there too, easier to find because they're at a lot of Indian sites

If you haven't already buy the metal detector from Nazar as soon as it's available. Its actually a quality game mechanic too in addition to helping find loot because I keep it open when riding from town to town and it pretty regularly hits a spot to dig.

I easily did coins and heirlooms with the metal detector only had to use the collectors map for like 3 of them for the most part.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
So I just started online two days ago. What's with stranger missions? Why do some of them not give me a mission while showing the mission's cutscene, and why do others simply not allow me to accept the mission altogether? Further, why do other stranger missions tell me the stranger has nothing for now, while still having them show up on my map? Like...why is EVERYTHING online a test in patience?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It shows the value in the collectors bag if you want to hunt for the most lucrative. I believe coins, family heirlooms, and jewelry are the most expensive ... Coins at like $560 or something, heirlooms are in the $300s. Arrowheads are up there too, easier to find because they're at a lot of Indian sites

If you haven't already buy the metal detector from Nazar as soon as it's available. Its actually a quality game mechanic too in addition to helping find loot because I keep it open when riding from town to town and it pretty regularly hits a spot to dig.

I easily did coins and heirlooms with the metal detector only had to use the collectors map for like 3 of them for the most part.
How do I use the metal detector?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I just started online two days ago. What's with stranger missions? Why do some of them not give me a mission while showing the mission's cutscene, and why do others simply not allow me to accept the mission altogether? Further, why do other stranger missions tell me the stranger has nothing for now, while still having them show up on my map? Like...why is EVERYTHING online a test in patience?

Stranger missions have always been a buggy mess. I suppose Rockstar has given up on fixing them proper since most folk have moved on from them to the newer activities.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Some friendly advice:
All 14 full collections grants you 4k!
Dissecting these individually does you no favour.

Also be careful with those weeklies. Those give like 1k xp but the money is not really worth it.

In Blackwater across the butcher you can fish for Pikes and sell them for 7.50 each.

I put 5 in the wagon. Sixth in hand and I could sell 6 to the butcher without even moving the wagon.

Sold like 20 pikes in 30 minutes or so.
Also accessibility option for fishing where you can assign the reeling to the Square button. Im just holding down the square button easy peasy.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Since last week, I've been saving every collection I finish for the next outlaw pass. Knowing I will only be logging in to keep up easy dalies mean I will slowly be building up enough that I should easily be able to jump to like rank 20 when it comes out.

I'm sitting at 5k and nearing 300 gold bars again. Money is useless in this, so the real value of collections is that bottled xp you can use anytime

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm sorry, guy who was on a trading haul, for blowing you up and stealing your supplies. I've never done it before and thought it would get me the trophy. It did not. I murdered you and stole your goods for nothing and I feel bad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.