• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Got a hunting wagon? Put it in there.

I've had less camp issues but I'll fucking take the camp issues being as rampant as before for being able to find servers with animals. As is at this point it is pretty much gaurenteed there are no animals. I don't avoid riding through the swamps at all or look for alligators cause I know they aren't there.
My hunting wagon was full for safekeeping... I just ended up selling it to the butcher..

When I finally thought they fixed it for good it comes creeping back up..I honestly had zero camp issues since they stated they fixed it. Animals well they were totally gone until few days recently..

Being able to hunt again is so refreshing. And then Cripps today big no no.

My favourite hunting grounds are:

Cholla Springs
Big Valley
Great Plains
Heartlands and Bayou last.

I hunted a lot in the Bayou for the precious birds there. Oh got so rich because of that. Butt that was way back ago when animals fcking existed in this realm smh...😂

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
It's literally the player count. They need to lower the player number to like 20 max per server.

Going by my experiences 20 is still too high. I don't find animals the very rare times I get in a server with that few people. But Rockstar isn't going to do that. If there are less people there are less chances you will run into some one who will fuck you up. They are better about it in Red Dead just cause they had to convince people to play and they realized the player base at least isn't the same as GTA and are more sensitive to that (GTA's player base complains but it doesn't chase them off of playing). But they still want it to happen. If they didn't care if it happened or not they'd have allowed private servers like they do in GTA. Notice that after a point they stopped allowing any new money making ventures to happen in the private servers. I bet they'd love to get rid of it in GTA but since the precedent was already there the best they could do was disallow most new activities in them. Red Dead they just simply didn't allow them so there would be no precedent for them.

Rockstar will only fix things in the game if it affects their gold bar sales (in a way that makes them less... if it makes them more they will probably be even less likely to fix it. After all if it has that effect for them it's a lucky accident). Anything else is low priority and lucky if they find the time to bother with it.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
If you need to hunt animals, these are your only real options right now:

• Find a server with <20 players. This is the actual issue, all lobbies are much more populated than they ever were previously, because Rockstar appear to have changed the way they populate sessions.
  • Start a Moonshine mission. You can't call your hunting wagon in, so this is only useful for small animals, animal materials (e.g. animal fat, meat, etc.), or daily challenges.
  • Start some of the legendary bounties. They often have individual peculiarities. I use Sergio Vincenza and the hunting wagon to farm 3 star deer for Cripps.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The sad fact is Rockstar isn't gonna fix shit until it starts costing them money and I doubt they make much compared to GTAO anyway. We aren't even important enough to get a constant drip feed first it was once a week then every two weeks. A company is actually choosing to not sell us stuff think about that.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
It's literally the player count. They need to lower the player number to like 20 max per server.
Me and my friend were discussing this yesterday while playing together.

It seems 17 is the sweetspot. More than that it goes sour... These last few days I get thrown in small sessions for some reason.

16 players in my current session. Last few days we are getting loads of animals again and it is not because Rockstar fixed shit. It is because the servers are low populated.

Give us private sessions already geeshhh. Funny thing is is Rockstar limiting server count OR are less and less people playing lol.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The sad fact is Rockstar isn't gonna fix shit until it starts costing them money and I doubt they make much compared to GTAO anyway. We aren't even important enough to get a constant drip feed first it was once a week then every two weeks. A company is actually choosing to not sell us stuff think about that.
The data miners are saying there seems to be very little drip feed content. It looks like the next update isn't until Mar/Apr either.

Obviously the Outlaw Pass covers a lot of what previously would've been dripfeed content though.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Going by my experiences 20 is still too high. I don't find animals the very rare times I get in a server with that few people. But Rockstar isn't going to do that. If there are less people there are less chances you will run into some one who will fuck you up. They are better about it in Red Dead just cause they had to convince people to play and they realized the player base at least isn't the same as GTA and are more sensitive to that (GTA's player base complains but it doesn't chase them off of playing). But they still want it to happen. If they didn't care if it happened or not they'd have allowed private servers like they do in GTA. Notice that after a point they stopped allowing any new money making ventures to happen in the private servers. I bet they'd love to get rid of it in GTA but since the precedent was already there the best they could do was disallow most new activities in them. Red Dead they just simply didn't allow them so there would be no precedent for them.

Rockstar will only fix things in the game if it affects their gold bar sales (in a way that makes them less... if it makes them more they will probably be even less likely to fix it. After all if it has that effect for them it's a lucky accident). Anything else is low priority and lucky if they find the time to bother with it.
Hell if these fuckers fix damn animals AND give us bank heists and homesteads or ranches to buy, hell I will gladly buy GOLD. I am dead serious.

But until they do not fix this shit..I aint spending a penny.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The data miners are saying there seems to be very little drip feed content. It looks like the next update isn't until Mar/Apr either.

Yeah I saw that too and I feel like that's a bad thing I hope they are just saving up content for the next big update and are planning on giving us back the older drip feed items everyone is dying for. A GAS game having a reduced cash shop is never good.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
There's a bank heist already in the game, it's the low honour story mission called Banks Don't Rob Themselves.
I know lol. That is not the same imho. I think you know that as well.

Loved that mission btw. (Even though you have to be more dishonorable)

Not to mention the shitty payout, even if you find the bonds. It is definitely not the same as in singeplayer or gtaO heists. In the same vein, like planning from your apartment. Hiring people etc. And getting away with 10k booyah!

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
A March/April drop would be rough, considering FFVII, DOOM, and RE3 are going to dominate those months for me.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
See you in Mar/Apr! By then I probably have moved on to other games.

Cyberpunk2077, TLOU2, Dying Light 2 and FFVIIR!!!

yeah. Sorry, red dead is going to lose there for me too. Those are all games I'm super hyped for save tlou 2 (don't ask me why, I should be but I'll prolly wait on it) and I'm kinda dismayed they are al coming at the same time (I knew FFVII was but not the other ones). CauseI have no idea which one to prioritize. Those are a year's worth of games for me (I don't buy many games but I tend to get ones that will last me a while). Hell FO76 wastelanders comes out around then too but I think I'll try to prioritize the single player games. Why prioritize exploitive GAS games over ones designed to be good rather than exploitive. But I'd still put FO76 over RDR online as it pisses me off less.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I know lol. That is not the same imho. I think you know that as well.

Loved that mission btw. (Even though you have to be more dishonorable)

Not to mention the shitty payout, even if you find the bonds. It is definitely not the same as in singeplayer or gtaO heists. In the same vein, like planning from your apartment. Hiring people etc. And getting away with 10k booyah!
The content is there, the payout is just ridiculous like you say. But if you just want Heists as a money making prospect, there are already great money making methods since the Frontier Pursuits update. And if you want the gameplay aspects, then as I said it's already available! ;)

More like that would be welcome. A train heist would be nice.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why does my camp keep changing location when I log in? I was thinking I'll set up near either Rhodes or armadillo since they're my favourite towns but every time I log in its somewhere else, and if i try to log in from camp then the camp straight up doesnt exist.

It's kind of pain seeing as whenever I happen to find an animal to hunt randomly my camp tends to be on the opposite end of the map making it pointless and I usually just dump the corpse.

Other than that I've been kind of enjoying just messing around. It feels like theres a lot of content but I'm locked out of most of it due to lack of funds which is a pain, but I'm halfway to the outlaw pass and already over level 50 on it so maybe once that's out of the way I'll be able to focus more on stuff like moonshining

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why does my camp keep changing location when I log in? I was thinking I'll set up near either Rhodes or armadillo since they're my favourite towns but every time I log in its somewhere else, and if i try to log in from camp then the camp straight up doesnt exist.

It's kind of pain seeing as whenever I happen to find an animal to hunt randomly my camp tends to be on the opposite end of the map making it pointless and I usually just dump the corpse.

Other than that I've been kind of enjoying just messing around. It feels like theres a lot of content but I'm locked out of most of it due to lack of funds which is a pain, but I'm halfway to the outlaw pass and already over level 50 on it so maybe once that's out of the way I'll be able to focus more on stuff like moonshining

Camps aren't permanent, as every time you join a new session another player could potentially have their camp in your spot already. So your camp is either placed elsewhere or nowhere.

Camps are just buggy in general.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Camps aren't permanent, as every time you join a new session another player could potentially have their camp in your spot already. So your camp is either placed elsewhere or nowhere.

Camps are just buggy in general.

Ah that's kind of a shame but I guess it's not as easy a problem to solve as it was with GTA being apartment complexes.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
I have a small debate with my friend about which shoulder you should put your bandolier on depending on if you are left or right handed.

So I am right handed irl and your ingame character should be right handed as well right? Gun holster on the right hip.

But I have my bandolier on my Right shoulder.

Truth is I have no idea if you really need to put it on your left shoulder if you are right handed. I see Cripps has his gunholster on his right hip and his bandolier is also on his right shoulder (I cheekily sent him a pic of Cripps).

My opinion is who gives a F! But it could also because of the ponchos? With ponchos if you put the bandolier on your left shoulder it clipps a bit etc.

So anyone knows what is the deal for once and for all? 😂

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

The camp location is only guaranteed to be somewhere within the region you pick, but the actual spot within the region is random and will often get shuffled around (since there are a limited number of camp spawn points within each region, and all players in the lobby have to share them). It works like the Super Yacht spawns in GTAO.

Occasionally the game will just randomly put your camp in a random region entirely, but that's a bug. You'll have to pay to move it back if that's the case.

In terms of hunting and not being able to return carcasses to camp, you can buy the Hunting Wagon to solve that problem. Any carcass/pelt/skin you put into the hunting wagon is permanently saved (even if you dismiss the wagon, change sessions, quit the game, etc.), so once you do have your camp up and running again you can recall your wagon and donate them to Cripps from there.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
There were some griefers hanging around the tall trees shine shack today, but they were somehow invisible/transparent so I missed seeing them before starting a delivery. Within ten seconds they had killed me and destroyed the wagon. I chased them down and got two with explosive ammo before they left the session.

Had a decent day otherwise. Sold some collector sets for $1500 or so, caught up on spare treasure maps, got all the main challenges & some roles ones, and I was finally able to get my camp to (briefly) spawn for a trader run.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I confirmed something I've had a suspicion about since the character edits became a thing if you go into the creator even if you don't save your options it changes your character a little bit I went into it today and it removed my scar and mutated my face. When I came out I had no scar and my face was as round as a shot put.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just stay clear of the editor, bruv. Thing is wackadoo. Haven't touched my character since launch and they look like the ol' raggedy fuck I want them to be still.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
There's a bank heist already in the game, it's the low honour story mission called Banks Don't Rob Themselves.

Oh interesting didn't know there were really different missions depending on honor. I assumed that it'd make subtle changes to missions not introduce entirely new ones.

If someone invites you to a low honor mission, can you play it even if you're high honor?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Oh interesting didn't know there were really different missions depending on honor. I assumed that it'd make subtle changes to missions not introduce entirely new ones.

If someone invites you to a low honor mission, can you play it even if you're high honor?
If you're playing as a posse then I think the posse honour level determines the story missions that the posse leader can start.

If trying to replay a mission, your current honour level has to match.

Interestingly, once you've successfully completed a mission as host, you can then be put into it via the Quick Join Story Mission option, regardless of your current honour level.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I really hate this game sometimes. I almost always need to start it at least twice to even enter the server and often game even hard locks my PC so I need to restart it via button on the case.

And I forgot hacker infested sessions.

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Moonshiner finally maxed out and I got my purty new horse. Now to finish off the last seven-ish levels of the outlaw pass and it'll be back to gold streak maintenance.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Reminder, don't sell collections unless you really need the money or have no gold to spend. There is no point sitting on hundreds of gold when it's so easy to get and meaningful content updates are every 4 months at best, and even then it's 75ish gold for the new pass and role.

Collections have more value as insta XP bombs you can use to blow past outlaw pass ranks, which in turn get you tokens to buy anything your missing for cheaper on top of the cash.

I find hunting the out of the way collectables that I rarely ever pick up (normally because they spawn in less traveled to places) inorder to complete my dalies, and there fore slowly building up more collections, a satisfying way to spend my time. Dont make it a job. Don't waste hours running routes to get cash only to realize there is nothing to buy.

luxarific

Jan 14, 2018
Just started online and I was wondering if Resetera has a posse? I'm EST, but typically play during the late morning and early afternoon, with occasional sessions from 10 to midnight. (Rockstar nick is Komboloi).

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I finally gave up on keeping my streak going I kept getting infinite load screens so I said fuck this and now I'm actually playing Destiny 2 and kinda having fun thanks a lot Rockstar.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Any advice for guns for PVE? This moonshine mission with Lem is kicking my ass.

Haven't done all the Shine story missions yet (last one I did was the one with Lem and the boat), but I usually rely on a Repeater with express ammo + Shotgun combo to get me through PvE fights. Which variant I guess is more down to taste, as long you upgrade them. I personally use the Litchfield Repeater and Semi-Auto Shotgun.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017

Buy as much express and/or high velocity special ammo as you can. Stock up on dead eye tonics and items too. I hardly used dead eye before the shine missions, but it's pretty much a must due to how many enemies spawn.

I used a Lancaster and Springfield mostly along with a Lemat and sawn-off for close range.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I use a bolt-action rifle with express rounds, and a pump-action shotgun with standard buckshot, for basically all non-stealth PvE in the game. I carry dual semi-auto pistols with express rounds too, but never need to use them. For the boat mission just swap out the pump-action for the Carcano though.

For PvE cards I use Paint It Black III, Peak Condition III, Cold Blooded III, and Eye For An Eye III.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
So, what's the best way to play this or in other words: what should I do as a newbie? Stick to the story missions, go hunting, collecting plants? I really have no clue what's the best. Nothing feels right, nothing feels wrong.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When you see someone doing a delivery ripe for the taking but you're already in the middle of a mission:

e0c.gif

So, what's the best way to play this or in other words: what should I do as a newbie? Stick to the story missions, go hunting, collecting plants? I really have no clue what's the best. Nothing feels right, nothing feels wrong.

Main goal should be accumulating enough gold to start pursue one of the roles as soon as possible. Roles are a consistent source of income, XP, gold, challenges (gold and XP from this one) and unique rewards. They're the main meat of the game. Pick whichever one interests you.

Story missions aren't too rewarding, but you might as well do 'em because they're a pretty neat experience.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
You're right, there's no right or wrong way to approach it. My advice would be to focus on the story missions and daily challenges to begin with. The story missions are well done and will teach you the basics of combat. The daily challenges give you gold and will introduce you to most of the elements of the game. With the daily challenges, for every consecutive day where you complete at least one challenge you will get a streak going. After completing a 7, 14, and then 21 day streak you will see big increases in how much gold each challenge gives you (starting at 0.2 and topping out at 0.5), so that's something to focus on if possible.

Once you have enough gold, look at grabbing the Outlaw Pass and then whichever roles interest you.

The game is a lot more enjoyable to play with friends, so if you can't convince your existing friends to play the game, then it might be time to start looking for some new people to play RDO with.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Lol back to camp not being pitched glitch. I'm in a server with 12 people, animals everywhere, and Cripps just can't seem to find his way. Bummer they can't figure this out.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

Depends how you like to play. I'd say stick to the story missions to start, they're fun, and work your way up to purchasing a role. You use gold to purchase the roles (some may be free with perks and promotions, search online to see if there's any promotions currently). I really like doing the ambient collection missions in rdr so I love the collector role and it's a great source of cash and xp... Literally eventually you're making more in game money than you know what to do with.

If you're dedicated try to do a daily challenge every day. The more you do them the more gold you make and you are pretty quickly raking it in.

Trader role is ok but glitched because of other glitches in the game (basically your camp never spawning or animals never spawning, one or the other).

Bounty Hunter is the most action packed role. But not my favorite. Still some good missions in that.

Story mode is fun and the moonshiner role has good story missions too.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Just loaded into free roam in New Austin - it started me north of Armadillo with an already active 12 minute timer for a Resupply mission at Caliga Hall.

Also my camp is still up in the Grizzlies from the last time I played.

EDIT: Now the game crashed a few seconds after the timer ran out.

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Just loaded into free roam in New Austin - it started me north of Armadillo with an already active 12 minute timer for a Resupply mission at Caliga Hall.

Also my camp is still up in the Grizzlies from the last time I played.

EDIT: Now the game crashed a few seconds after the timer ran out.
I had the exact same thing when I loaded in: I was given a yellow mission marker to visit the Gray plantation and a 12 minute timer. Starting from Big Valley, I decided to head East towards it to see what the mission actually was.

When I crossed into Lemoyne and got session merged the marker disappeared (with the little banjo jingle playing), and the game crashed shortly thereafter.

Next session my Moonshine shack disappeared, and the game told me I didn't own one (I'm a level 20 Moonshiner).

The session after that things went back to normal, although that one disconnected me after about 10 mins. I think I might switch to 'maintain daily streak only' mode and give RDO a bit of a rest.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Thanks for the answers, so I just keep on doing what I've already done. Are there also solo story missions or are they always in groups? And what happens when one is done with all the story missions? Just live the outlaw life and do dailies?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Are there also solo story missions or are they always in groups?
The Moonshine story missions can be done solo.

And what happens when one is done with all the story missions? Just live the outlaw life and do dailies?
Rank up. Rank up your roles. Buy clothes. Customise your weapons. Buy horses. Go hunting. Play poker. Play the PVP modes. Play the Free Roam Events. Do some races. Go fishing. Search for treasure. Do the dailies.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the answers, so I just keep on doing what I've already done. Are there also solo story missions or are they always in groups? And what happens when one is done with all the story missions? Just live the outlaw life and do dailies?

The roles have a fair amount of content in them. Bounty Hunter has a weekly special bounty which is kinda like a story mission, then there's regular bounties which aren't as unique but still pretty good.

Moonshiner role in particular has a story attached to it and some well done missions, they're intended to be played alone althoght some of them were pretty hard.

As you rank up in the roles you unlock new PvP modes. Some of them are pretty fun some are lame but all worth trying once. There's some that have a group of people all hunting for one specific hard to find item, others that have uoh all protecting a train etc.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today i did $$ Bounty and i got 0.32 Gold, 24$ and 515XP, then i did $$$ Bounty and i got 0.32 Gold, 25$ and 645XP (both targets handed over in last 30 seconds). What's the point doing $$$ Bounties?

Status
Not open for further replies.