• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Today i did $$ Bounty and i got 0.32 Gold, 24$ and 515XP, then i did $$$ Bounty and i got 0.32 Gold, 25$ and 645XP (both targets handed over in last 30 seconds). What's the point doing $$$ Bounties?
That's an excellent question. I'm max bounty hunter rank and I barely did any regular bounty posters, I just focused on the legendary bounties. Not only are they much more involved with proper cutscenes and bespoke mechanics and the like, but they paid way better too.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there hackers in the ps4 version of this game? I wasnt gonna bother with this question but this is the third time now I've seen a guy just run straight to our teams spawn, stand there killing everyone unharmed while landing multiple headshots on the guy and him never taking even a tiny bit of damage from our whole team.

Just stands there making it impossible for our team to get even to the camp at spawn.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Is there hackers in the ps4 version of this game? I wasnt gonna bother with this question but this is the third time now I've seen a guy just run straight to our teams spawn, stand there killing everyone unharmed while landing multiple headshots on the guy and him never taking even a tiny bit of damage from our whole team.

Just stands there making it impossible for our team to get even to the camp at spawn.
It's rare, but you do see hackers on console. Usually on cod though.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

There's an insane tank build available, if you google it you'll see it.

If you find a player who seems indestructible, then from the player list you can display their ability card loadout and that will tell you if they're running a tank build.

Tank build with dead eye activated and special miracle tonic is very hard to kill. It's legit broken, but actually pretty rare to see in my experience. It does make them super inaccurate too. Explosives sort them out though.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just bought a black Arab for 42 Gold. I'm on a 30 day streak so gold is easy to come by. Pretty awesome looking animal and fast as lighting.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Just bought a black Arab for 42 Gold. I'm on a 30 day streak so gold is easy to come by. Pretty awesome looking animal and fast as lighting.
Yep, it's a cool horse. Slightly lower top speed than the MFT and Norfolk Roadster, and hella skittish around predators, but equal best acceleration (with the Norfolk Roadster), the best handling, and the equal fastest horse in deep snow (with the Turkoman).

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Also be careful with those weeklies. Those give like 1k xp but the money is not really worth it.

Did you ever actually calculate the money you get per item from those? They're definitely worth it from what I can see as they can sometimes jack an items value up 2-3 times.

Look at the current weekly, $65 for 3 items, the pocket watch sells for $8, the Ace of wands for $12 and the scotch whiskey I can't recall as I don't have a bottle currently (guessing it's around 10 bucks). Even if you're dividing the money equally each item gets over a 2x boost in value. I dunno, if I'm wrong feel free to school me, just seemed like to me they're the most valuable collections but I could definitely be wrong.

Oh no did Rockstar really nerf the Rexroad coat? It was the single best looking coat in online!

Nerfed the coat? What are you referring to exactly?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Did you ever actually calculate the money you get per item from those? They're definitely worth it from what I can see as they can sometimes jack an items value up 2-3 times.

Look at the current weekly, $65 for 3 items, the pocket watch sells for $8, the Ace of wands for $12 and the scotch whiskey I can't recall as I don't have a bottle currently (guessing it's around 10 bucks). Even if you're dividing the money equally each item gets over a 2x boost in value. I dunno, if I'm wrong feel free to school me, just seemed like to me they're the most valuable collections but I could definitely be wrong.

Nerfed the coat? What are you referring to exactly?

Oh someone on Reddit said they lowered the texture quality of the fur on the collar but it looks fine.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Ah ok, as I was posting that the idea that you meant a visual nerf popped into my head which made a lot more sense but I hadn't noticed any differences myself in how it looks so I wanted to make sure.

Also I agree on the coat, definitely one of the best looking ones they've added.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

They sell for $30.50 and 300XP individually.
They sell for $65.00 and 1000XP as a collection.

Which is about the same bonus as any collection in terms of $, and the XP bonus is higher for the weekly.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Almost level 100 I opened treasure maps today and got 900 bucks 7 gold and a special miracle tonic pamphlet.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got bored and went and checked because I need this new coat from the dripfeed in my life and most of the time the dripfeed starts two or three weeks after the update so we might get something tomorrow. Now I just hope it doesn't cost gold because the gold prices for clothes are a huge rip off now that stuff costs 11 gold per color.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Day of Reckoning might be my favorite of the Free Roam invites. Just goofy chaos without the bullshit where most of the players are just killing other players for 0 points and not doing the objective.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure Cripps hates me personally I walked into camp and he said he liked the dog I started petting it and he said I can't believe you let that thing touch you . He was making perfect eye contact with my dog and on the way out I found his burn book he totally thinks my ponchos are stupid I ran out of camp crying and I'm not going back.

So on the PC version people are putting cougars into the clothing stores now that only turn aggressive when a player walks into the shop that's hilarious.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
They sell for $30.50 and 300XP individually.
They sell for $65.00 and 1000XP as a collection.

Which is about the same bonus as any collection in terms of $, and the XP bonus is higher for the weekly.

Exactly, plus the added fact it's 3 items vs up to 10+ makes for an easier time collecting, I'll gladly keep selling weekly sets over full (obviously I'm selling the full ones too but I always prioritize the weekly ones when I'm at the mailbox). Then again I haven't prioritized collecting over anything for a while now, I'm back in "screwing around mode" when it comes to this game atm if I'm playing.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Day of Reckoning might be my favorite of the Free Roam invites. Just goofy chaos without the bullshit where most of the players are just killing other players for 0 points and not doing the objective.

That's the thing I *HATE* about the free roam activities. Even the ones that have a clear objective, nobody does it and they just kill whoever comes into view.

DOesn't help that a lot of the daily challenges support that type of play

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
So on the PC version people are putting cougars into the clothing stores now that only turn aggressive when a player walks into the shop that's hilarious.

Love that if it were done organically int he game.

I remember in RDR1 Online free roam, a friend and I encountered a friendly bear in Tall Trees who would not attack us no matter what we did... he just kept running from us, so we got on our horses and led him into Blackwater where he turned on all of the NPC townsfolk, killing dozens. Until he was slain by another player.

Poor bear.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Love that if it were done organically int he game.

I remember in RDR1 Online free roam, a friend and I encountered a friendly bear in Tall Trees who would not attack us no matter what we did... he just kept running from us, so we got on our horses and led him into Blackwater where he turned on all of the NPC townsfolk, killing dozens. Until he was slain by another player.

Poor bear.

Animals actually will attack NPCS if they somehow manage to trigger the animal encounter I was running from wolves when I crashed int a lady on my horse she got knocked off and ran into the woods where she was attacked by the wolves she did not survive. : (

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Even the ones that have a clear objective, nobody does it and they just kill whoever comes into view.

DOesn't help that a lot of the daily challenges support that type of play
I blame Rockstar's daily challenges for this. On days where there's a daily to kill a certain number of players in FRE's with explosives, the start of any FRE sounds like WW3.

On Master Archer, if I'm trying to do those sorts of dailies I just target the people brandishing weapons (other than the bow). Most of the other FRE's that allow you to get kills are dedicated PvP modes anyway though, so no issues there. It does mean lots of people not playing the mode objective, but that's par for the course with online gaming (in my experience).

Last edited:

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The bugs are getting out of control. My girl hasn't been able to enter her moonshine shack for about a week now.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
It unlocks drip feed content that was released in the last major content patch (the Moonshiner DLC). Next major content patch isn't until Mar/Apr. You'll know that's hit when you get asked to download a patch for Red Dead Redemption 2. Until then it's just server side adjustments, and the minor things they can change via scripting.

well by March I'm getting lots of games I'm interested in that will be new and fresh so good luck getting me to come back then. I can't believe rockstar is just going to let the game be this broke until then. Even Bethesda has been quicker about major complaints with fallout 76.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
My dad is 54 and started playing online this week today he choked out a griefer who tried to hogtie him I was so proud.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Bandit Hideouts are basically turned off for me, I haven't seen one in weeks. Same goes for Random Events, I will see now and them those ones where you help person to go to other location or those false ones that are ambush but I can't remember when I saw defend the camp or save captured person ones.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Last night while playing on PC, two players kept on lassoing me from across a forest and I'd get dragged toward them super fast and immediately die. Just stopped playing after that bs.

You gotta love these scripters.

Oct 29, 2017
Moonshiners was cool and all at first but the grind in this game is pretty absurd and it doesnt help that there just isn't much variety to any of the professions. They all are cool the first dozen times or so that you do missions for them, then it becomes a wash-and-repeat affair. Is there anyway to pass a revenue agent inspection when running moonshine? I just started shooting them as I get close because it always ends up that way anyway.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Got my outlaw pass maxed a few days ago and moonshiner a while back. Now just keeping my gold streak going and gathering full collections to sell when the next pass drops.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Anyone else having moonshine bootleg missions just randomly activate while roaming around? I've had at least two.

Status
Not open for further replies.