• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Moonshiners was cool and all at first but the grind in this game is pretty absurd and it doesnt help that there just isn't much variety to any of the professions. They all are cool the first dozen times or so that you do missions for them, then it becomes a wash-and-repeat affair. Is there anyway to pass a revenue agent inspection when running moonshine? I just started shooting them as I get close because it always ends up that way anyway.

That's just the nature of the game. Every profession is a free roam quest or activity reskinned but with meters added. I would blame some of that on rockstar, but the time period doesn't open up that many ways to interact with the world. Adding new systems and mechanics on top takes time so hopefully whatever happens in year 2 could be more in depth. I doubt the next 2 roles will buck that trend. I'm hoping we get a rework of the crime and bounty system with a new outlaw job that makes player bounties an actual thing.

As you approach revenue agents, I feel like it's a 50/50 chance of getting stopped or you see the red circle go away and they let you right through. If you get stopped then it's another 50/50 that they bother to actually see it's moonshine and start firing. At like rank 19, you get a skill page that lowers those odds even further in your favor. Getting stopped, then getting caught is a rare occurrence for me now.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen anyone mention it yet but it looks like RedM the community roleplay servers have started coming online but it's still in the very early stages. I'm probably gonna buy the game on PC soon to check it out.

Also it looks like the drip feed is gonna continue dropping new items for awhile I got a notification about clothing events on my PS4 that are scheduled to run for a week and said something about a new selection of clothing starting this week.

What I really want though is bonus rank XP for certain activities give me a reason to do something other than bounties and collector.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So is the discount on the outlaw pass a real thing? Because I got 40GB and wondering if I should wait to see if it is.

It is mentioned on the R* newswire.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I am finally satisfied with my character and now I'm never touching the character creator again I'm almost out of treasure maps to pay for these changes.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Yes their support sucks. Sent one ticket in before took forever to respond.

Now they keep sending the same response over and over even though it's supposedly closed lol.

Broken like they're game haha.

Last edited:

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting maps with damn near 0 animal spawns for a few days ago and today I logged in and found 2 giant herds of bison within 5 minutes.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I did use it. Funny how you need to use the gold bar option.

Couldn't do anything though.

I just want the constant emailing to stop lol. I mean I ain't getting 200 each time they email.

Money wasn't even the issue.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I sold all my collector items made 2.7k opened the last of my treasure maps after all that I'm sitting at 3.5k not bad should last me most of the upcoming drip feed if I only buy one or two items a week.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Maxed trader and collector, bought the pass (i was already lvl100 so they basically gave me back the 40 GB?)
Bounty hunter it's still bugged
I'm going to level moonshiner little by little waiting for a patch or something new

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Come on at least sell old shit I want a winter shotgun coat! They did a patch but don't worry it was to fix a duping glitch there's still 3 animals spread across each server.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Camp still broken. Stranger missions still not starting (yeah, sometimes I do these still, big whoop), bounty missions not starting. Changing sessions in an attempt to fix it ending up in endless loading. Moonshine disappearing. A whole year and the same issues still persist, with new ones added on to worsen it.

Sometimes when I do my daily challenge to keep my streak going, I do a couple of other challenges to play the game a bit. Because I just simply enjoy playing the game. I love riding around in the world. I love shooting people in the face. I love beating them up. I love doing missions even if they're repeats. I just like being in this world. It's just as atmospheric as the first multiplayer which was why I played it so much despite being so bare bones.

But for fuck's sake, Rockstar makes it so damn hard to simply enjoy the game with all of these nonsensical bugs that they just aren't fixing. Making games ain't easy. Keeping tabs on an on-going online game ain't easy. I will always empathize with the hard work developers put into a game for the sake of our enjoyment. But there comes a breaking point where ongoing issues have gone on long enough and I have every right to be frustrated that shit isn't getting done after this long. What are you doing over there? Did all of the employees turn into monkeys?

I know I already said this game is going on a one challenge a day and bouncing out schedule for me, but I always can't help but to keep playing despite what I tell myself. Feck that, bruv. Now it's one challenge and bouncing out. Deal with these issues getting ignored enough as it is in Destiny, now I gotta deal with it here. Well to that I say no, I don't think I will.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Camp still broken. Stranger missions still not starting (yeah, sometimes I do these still, big whoop), bounty missions not starting. Changing sessions in an attempt to fix it ending up in endless loading. Moonshine disappearing. A whole year and the same issues still persist, with new ones added on to worsen it.

Sometimes when I do my daily challenge to keep my streak going, I do a couple of other challenges to play the game a bit. Because I just simply enjoy playing the game. I love riding around in the world. I love shooting people in the face. I love beating them up. I love doing missions even if they're repeats. I just like being in this world. It's just as atmospheric as the first multiplayer which was why I played it so much despite being so bare bones.

But for fuck's sake, Rockstar makes it so damn hard to simply enjoy the game with all of these nonsensical bugs that they just aren't fixing. Making games ain't easy. Keeping tabs on an on-going online game ain't easy. I will always empathize with the hard work developers put into a game for the sake of our enjoyment. But there comes a breaking point where ongoing issues have gone on long enough and I have every right to be frustrated that shit isn't getting done after this long. What are you doing over there? Did all of the employees turn into monkeys?

I know I already said this game is going on a one challenge a day and bouncing out schedule for me, but I always can't help but to keep playing despite what I tell myself. Feck that, bruv. Now it's one challenge and bouncing out. Deal with these issues getting ignored enough as it is in Destiny, now I gotta deal with it here. Well to that I say no, I don't think I will.

I feel the same way I love the game so much but it's just irritating to play shit is so busted I'm high level now so I don't need XP so I can just do anything I want but nothing works I did 5 moonshiner missions didn't get paid for a single one so I decided to check my shine and it reset it was all gone. Rockstar wants to make money on this game but they go weeks without releasing anything from the dripfeed and if they do put something out from the drip feed for some reason it's cow patterned who the hell are they focus testing that cow print is testing so high?

Nothing sells so we get reduced support but it's their fault nothing sells the npcs look way cooler than us like 90% of the time.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

I feel the same way I love the game so much but it's just irritating to play shit is so busted I'm high level now so I don't need XP so I can just do anything I want but nothing works I did 5 moonshiner missions didn't get paid for a single one so I decided to check my shine and it reset it was all gone. Rockstar wants to make money on this game but they go weeks without releasing anything from the dripfeed and if they do put something out from the drip feed for some reason it's cow patterned who the hell are they focus testing that cow print is testing so high?

Nothing sells so we get reduced support but it's their fault nothing sells the npcs look way cooler than us like 90% of the time.

You guys are pretty much saying what I've been feeling for a while. Hell, I'm trying to get myself to permenantly put the game down until I hear they truly fixed the bugs that are pissing me off. And this is from some one who tolerates Bethesda games!!! I have a pretty good tolerance for jank but these bugs prevent me from enjoying what I like about RDR2. And I have no faith rockstar will do anything to fix them especially when the one time they paid lip service to fixing them they made it worse! And the only time they seem to truly care and fix is if it is a bug that allows people to get gold bars (or gta money) "too quickly".

Hell in a month I leave on vacation and won't be able to keep my daily streak so I'm not coming back at all after that unless I hear they really fixed the game.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished a very pleasant supply delivery, the free roam from Alden kind, from Rhodes to Valentine. No enemies whatsoever either from glitch or luck.

Camps have been okay for me the last week (knock on wood).

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what happened last night but I was getting 2-4 free roam event invites at a time.

Unfortunately this put me in an impossible to win Trade Route because we didn't have enough people

Just finished a very pleasant supply delivery, the free roam from Alden kind, from Rhodes to Valentine. No enemies whatsoever either from glitch or luck.

Camps have been okay for me the last week (knock on wood).

Yeah, they've gotten better though occasionally I still get one where it will never build the camp in the area I start in.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I spoke too soon about the camps.

My camp is pitched in the heartlands, I went to it and then went out hunting to restock. Came back and it's still on the map but the camp is missing. I moved it to Bayou Nwa and then my camp in the heartlands reappeared where it was (right next to me) but with no Cripps.

Also did a Day of Reckoning even where the bounties stopped responding to the players halfway through the match. Gray reticles. Only thing they would do is move out of the way of fire/explosives and draw their guns.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Camps work very well for me, since the Moonshiners DLC I've only had a handful of camp bugs, and I've played a lot.

The bigger lobby sizes are a plague though. Since they introduced the more aggressive lobby filling in the Moonshiners DLC, animals are basically extinct in free roam. If I need an animal for daily objectives I have to use a Moonshiners mission, and if I need animals for Cripps I use a legendary. If I get the Cripps resupply requiring you to kill a single animal in free roam I have to switch sessions to cancel it.

The fix for animal spawning is easy, Rockstar just need to use their dynamic session switching to keep lobbies at less than about 18 players. Problem solved. They just refuse to.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah I'm done with it myself until certain things are working again, too much of the game just doesn't exist for me right now.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I made a new friend but the people at the stable give me funny looks when I try to keep him :(

EOTlGlAWoAEtVch

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
You guys are pretty much saying what I've been feeling for a while. Hell, I'm trying to get myself to permenantly put the game down until I hear they truly fixed the bugs that are pissing me off. And this is from some one who tolerates Bethesda games!!! I have a pretty good tolerance for jank but these bugs prevent me from enjoying what I like about RDR2. And I have no faith rockstar will do anything to fix them especially when the one time they paid lip service to fixing them they made it worse! And the only time they seem to truly care and fix is if it is a bug that allows people to get gold bars (or gta money) "too quickly".

Hell in a month I leave on vacation and won't be able to keep my daily streak so I'm not coming back at all after that unless I hear they really fixed the game.

I was actually thinking today maybe I should check out Fallout 76 because it's probably less buggy than RDO it's funny you mentioned Bethesda. My streak is long gone I wanna play because my dad had a stroke earlier last year and now he's into RDO but the game is just so annoying to play I can't even bring myself to play it as a way to bond with him. I'm getting a big fat overtime pay check this week and normally I treat myself to some gold but this week I'm buying a bunch of socks and silverware.

The RDO subreddit has lost 7k members since the Moonshiners update has come out too.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I was actually thinking today maybe I should check out Fallout 76 because it's probably less buggy than RDO it's funny you mentioned Bethesda. My streak is long gone I wanna play because my dad had a stroke earlier last year and now he's into RDO but the game is just so annoying to play I can't even bring myself to play it as a way to bond with him. I'm getting a big fat overtime pay check this week and normally I treat myself to some gold but this week I'm buying a bunch of socks and silverware.

The RDO subreddit has lost 7k members since the Moonshiners update has come out too.

Don't get me wrong, 76 is not less buggy, but at least to me it's bugs are far less infuriating and in general don't keep me from enjoying the game the way rdr's does. I can still play with 76's bugs and still do what's I enjoy(and I admittedly have a large tolerance for buggy games. Rdr is the first that has really pissed me off).

It's nice to know that maybe rdr's player numbers might be suffering due to the bugs. Maybe rockstar might do something.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Turns out my session last night was glitched. Enemies wouldn't spawn at all. Missions like trader/moonshine delivery were whacked. I had to wait until the timer expired for them to end because the game thought there were enemies around.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong, 76 is not less buggy, but at least to me it's bugs are far less infuriating and in general don't keep me from enjoying the game the way rdr's does. I can still play with 76's bugs and still do what's I enjoy(and I admittedly have a large tolerance for buggy games. Rdr is the first that has really pissed me off).

It's nice to know that maybe rdr's player numbers might be suffering due to the bugs. Maybe rockstar might do something.

Bethesda at least tries to fix bugs and I dunno about their communication but I've seen the subreddit and I've seen them acknowledge bugs before in a post on there the few times I've heard about a big controversy and gone to see what was going on. Rockstar doesn't tell us anything not even a video game companies trademark were listening it's just a big nothing from them for months at a time.

The sub grew really fast too once the roles started coming out and the game got way more popular before the roles update I'd see the same people in almost every server if I played at the same time of the night it would be the same 10-15 players every night during the week.

Well looks like I was wrong the subreddit has been growing like crazy lately I could have sworn it lost members I was wrong.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno what is going on today but I got attacked twice today the first time the dude shot me so I killed him and he left and then I was doing a stranger mission to pass the time and these two dudes attacked me and destroyed a wagon so I finished the mission and kept killing them until they both parlayed. I turned evil today : (

I'll be honest I'm pretty bored in game but fighting those dudes was pretty fun I was gonna let them go until they made my pomade wear off and then I was getting revenge for them costing me a dollar.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so bored in this game with nothing to buy I swear I have a variation of every item that doesn't cost gold but I've been wearing the same two outfits since last summer. I bet Rockstar is really confused why people haven't been spending lately could it be because they have updated the store twice in 5 weeks and the games a buggy pos or is it that they don't have enough cowprint items in game?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I'm so bored in this game with nothing to buy I swear I have a variation of every item that doesn't cost gold but I've been wearing the same two outfits since last summer. I bet Rockstar is really confused why people haven't been spending lately could it be because they have updated the store twice in 5 weeks and the games a buggy pos or is it that they don't have enough cowprint items in game?
I'm just doing the dailies and helping friends with deliveries. I enjoy doing both.

I'm max rank for all roles, have 180 gold bars and $33k, I've bought every pamphlet, I have every ability card that even remotely interests me at level 3, and I have all of the horses, clothes, and weapon customisations that I want.

The thing I really miss is hunting. The world has been a wasteland for animals since Moonshiners, it's a fucking joke.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just doing the dailies and helping friends with deliveries. I enjoy doing both.

I'm max rank for all roles, have 180 gold bars and $33k, I've bought every pamphlet, I have every ability card that even remotely interests me at level 3, and I have all of the horses, clothes, and weapon customisations that I want.

The thing I really miss is hunting. The world has been a wasteland for animals since Moonshiners, it's a fucking joke.

I was just getting back into hunting before the moonshiners update came out I got 10 levels in trader in a week. It was fun to do something that didn't involve being a terminator or staring at a map on my phone since Moonshiners came out I've gotten two levels in trader but that was from free XP they gave out. I normally just play by myself maybeI should try finding another crew.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else have trouble getting the reward for activating 2fa ? Contacted rockstar support and got a message back saying they can help me with resetting my authentication lol

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Not surewhat im doin wrong...he either just holsters the guns or it brings up the weapon wheel
If you have your quick switch weapon set to something other than your sidearms, then if you're able to holster your sidearms without switching to your quick switch weapon it means that you've successfully double tapped L1.

Now you just need to quickly (i.e. before you finish holstering your sidearms) hold R1 after double tapping L1 and you'll begin twirling your sidearm/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.