• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Surly_T

Dec 28, 2017
Facts are, we were always going to get MTX in the game. My point is that this isn't the worse it could've been, and is actually better than most current-release games that have MTX in them (looking at you Ubisoft!).

Since the release of the beta, and not including the freebie gold we were given, I've managed to earn 6 gold bars without getting on to grind them out.

I despise MTX in full-retail games (and even most f2p ones), but the system RDO has in place isn't as bad as people are making out. Again, you can get gold simply by playing the game normally, most gold-only prices are reasonably priced, and more avenues for earning gold will come into play in the future.
Vommed in my throat a bit reading that.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems about right. I will never play RDO just because the game controls like shit, but this is even more incentive to not try it.

It seems like it might be this and grind for hundreds of hours.
What would you grind for in this game beside to increase you rank?

The content is not fun enough and skipping the rank requirement for weapons with gold pretty much make your character a better killer. That way you'll be better equipped for both grieving another player and completing the multiplayer content, but both of them get old pretty fast, since the gunplay is mediocre.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Red dead 2 is one of my all time favorite games but i have zero interest to play the abusive grind fest multiplayer.

Has anyone added up how much irl money it would cost to buy every item available yet?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I
Red dead 2 is one of my all time favorite games but i have zero interest to play the abusive grind fest multiplayer.

Has anyone added up how much irl money it would cost to buy every item available yet?

I believe the gold cost scales with how far from the required unlock level you are from it so there is no clean number.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I mean it was obvious this would just be shark cards which are already fucking ridiculous but people still buy them constantly.

Hard pass...pvp gives me enough for that crazy cook lookin jacket when I hit 92 so it's all good.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Well I skipped out on GTAV online and I'll be skipping this as well. Time to move on to another game when I finish RDR2.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
why would anyone support this at all?
I can understand it, on a very very fun and addictive game, but this.......
And in its current state

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
how much money is one gold bar? not real money , but money in the game,
It's a separate currency with no crossover/conversion. You can earn it in game too, but some items can only be purchased with gold (some clothing items), and you can use gold to bypass level restrictions on some items (ones that would normally be purchased for either in-game cash or gold once you'd unlocked them) and just buy them immediately.

It gives them an easy way to avoid gambling with real world money too - once they introduce card games, etc., I'm sure you'll see that gold isn't allowed anywhere near that stuff.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
As a NBA2K player Im not surprised as they share the same parent company. We have been trying get eyes on the disgusting VC practices for years, finally getting some press the last 2 years, but still a not enough as reviewers are giving VC so it doesnt seem "too bad" for them.

Hopefully with RDR2 being a high profile game, some pressure can be applied to Take Two, though I doubt they give a damn

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
as opposed to saying why you consider it to be a great game in its current shape with the microtransactions and in-game economy................?

I get to play a game with a good friend who lives 200 miles away that I never get to see. We laugh and have fun playing it together. That's what makes it a good game to me.