• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
1. No PS4Pro love? No performance vs resolution option? Other games half the studio size and money have this option

2. Having to slam on the x button repeatedly to run your horse? Ok , you can use cinematic mode but that's not the full solution

Come on...

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i thought this was gonna be about their mission structures

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
what would a performance option even do... surely you dont think the ps4 pro would pump out anywhere near 60 fps in this game even at 1080p.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I expected OP to drop a huge thesis on us about why he thought the game was disappointing. While I disagree, I expected more than this.

*insert "Boo this man" gif*

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? These hardly classify as disappointments.

It definitely was for PS4 Pro owners. ;)
Even Digital Foundry thought there could've been done more on Pro, especially in regards to the poorly done checkerboard rendering, which made the game even blurrier and less detailed than it was in 1080p.

Also no photomode in the console versions was a big disappointment to me personally. I was so looking forward to it being the next Horizon Zero Dawn or Spider-Man, where amazing photography overtook social media for months.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I mean, I find it to be a masterpiece but those who have issues with it certainly wouldn't consider these the only 2 factors that make it a disappointment

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
I didn't even like the game but never thought about these "issues"

Riding a horses for 50 hours would be a better start.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry, a performance mode won't save the game from its dumpster fire controls. 60fps didn't make the game any more playable for me on pc.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also not a fan of Rockstar's insistence of sticking with the outdated mash X to run controls in GTA and RDR, but RDR2 is still a masterpiece even with its gameplay issues.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
- no Era Clear love?

- having to manually hide the thread
906.jpg

Did u lose a bet ?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I thought this was gonna be about how RDR2 is one of the worst controlling games of all time.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Really those are the complaints? Was expecting complaints about the mission structure or the animations or something.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's an option to switch the control scheme to 'standard FPS', which moves sprint from X to L3. You can then turn 'toggle run' on in the accessibility options (if memory serves) and enjoy a mashing-free RDR2.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Christ OP.

I thought for sure this would be how they support their multiplayer with pimp hats and discounts while letting major bugs fester for months on end, and it ends up being some pretty shit

Yes pressing a button to Sprint on a horse is dumb, it's even dumber that they allow you to avoid it all together when on foot through settings but didn't do the same for horses annoyingly. That said, it's peanuts compared to how slow of a company they are to react to any thing except economy exploits

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Thread Title: Ruminations on the Shortcomings of BOTW-era Nintendo.
Thread Content: WTF with the breakable weapons right? Thoughts?
Thread Title: Pitfalls of maximizing corporate profits vs client satisfaction and the unspoken complications of storing and delivering food at 35,000 feet.
Thread Content: What is it with airplane food anyway?

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
RDR2 is a masterpiece.

But yeah, the weak points are the controls and the mission structure.
But still, the game is an unforgettable journey.