Jun 1, 2018
The description reads "it is made by skilled laborers who work tireless hours each week and on the weekends for little pay in order to bring you the finest revolver in the field today." Red Dead Redemption 2 is dominating gaming news right now, and only partly because it's apparently brilliant. In the run-up to its release, a number of articles emerged exploring the studio's working hours after co-founder Dan Houser claimed "we were working 100-hour weeks" in an otherwise complimentary interview with Vulture.

red-dead-redemption-2-revolver-crunch-900x507.jpg

https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/revolver-crunch

edit: removed the screenshot from the town, its fake. but the revolver one is real.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Sure is hilarious even if not related. I imagine nobody would ever claim it, since the person(s) responsible would most likely be in a position they don't want to lose.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Well I just want them to know they have made one of the most impressive games I've ever played.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a total coincidence. It's just a description... you see, my father once knew a man in Philadelphia who made "revolvers" like that...
Penn-Teller-Fool-Us-493x300.jpg

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a coincidence. They were probably just hammering random letters on the keyboard and that's what came out. Just a coincidence.

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
You have to remember that scrips and story was written years ago, it's impossible for them to make a reference to a recent controversy when the game went gold months ago. They didn't just patch the game to spite you guys, Jesus.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game go gold before or after the controversy? Was there a patch of any kind yet?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They made a really awesome game and I hope they can do it again under better management and work environments.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And now the RDR3 development cycle begins... hope you enjoyed that vacation devs

Oct 29, 2017
You have to remember that scrips and story was written years ago, it's impossible for them to make a reference to a recent controversy when the game went gold months ago. They didn't just patch the game to spite you guys, Jesus.

This isnt the first game from Rockstar in which these complaints have come up, though.

Also, "just to spite you guys?" LOL, okay.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
And you have to remember the issue has been ongoing for years. This is has been the life of the people making this game since the beginning, even if the reports are recent because the Houser interview triggered them.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Is "little pay" accurate though for R* developpers ?
I was always under the impression that people would work weekends and overtime because of good compensation. Because if they were worked to the bone AND had "little pay"...
Why stay ?

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I read wrong. It sounded like it was defending crunch, not the other way around.