• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
Mod edit.
Please discuss the differences in performance without belittling someone's preference.

Just out every console tested!

2 Parts!! Massive!

1st part here: (Technical analysis)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnzuh6I8gnM

2nd part here: (every version tested)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTIPXwcDGQ

Will revert with info after watching!

Key notes:

* XBX runs in native 4K
* PS4 Pro 1920 x 2160
* XBX best performance with a few drops in towns
* PS4 Pro next best thing with solid framerate in wilderness but again dropping some frames in towns.
* PS4/XB One have better overall performance than RDR1 had in 360/ps3 hardware. There are drops even to the low-mid 20s at some points though.
* Visual parity in terms of rendering for all versions. (same assets/foliage etc)
* PS4 1080p
* XB One 864p
* No evidence of dynamic resolution in any of the versions tested.
* DF consider the game a stunning achievement regardless and believe the XBX X version is the best and by a considerable margin.

Last edited by a moderator:

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Native 4K on XB1X and more stable frame rate. Can't wait.

Holy shit those comparison pics. This thread is gonna be something.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Native 4k? No fluctuation in resolution? Also better performance? What about the supposed 4k textures? This has to be one of the biggest leaps the x has over the pro right?

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I knew the Pro is going to look worse, but that's just an enormous difference between it and the X. I hope I won't notice the blur too much in gameplay.

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Dang. True beast mode.

I really thought no way you could do that on the One X. Awesome work!

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
HOLY SHIT! xbox one X native 4k and more stable framerate!!! Absolutely glorious! OMG, I'm so hyped!

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm checking comparison screenshots on Eurogamer, X1X looks the best, of course, but what's happening with PS4 Pro vs PS4? Something looks off... PS4 Pro looks almost worse than PS4?
Yeah, the reconstruction they're using is super weird. The PS4 Pro shots were captured at 4K while base PS4 was obviously 1080p scaled up. Pro image quality is not very good due to the reconstruction in use.

Native 4k? No fluctuation in resolution? Also better performance? What about the supposed 4k textures? This has to be one of the biggest leaps the x has over the pro right?
As far as I can tell, textures are identical on Pro and X but they do APPEAR sharper on X due to the superior resolution. The reconstruction messes with texture clarity.

I couldn't find any fluctuation in resolution - even in the busiest scenes - it was always came back as native 4K. We checked like 40 something shots too and had three different people including myself look at them.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
DAMN 4K NATIVE?

Rockstar didn't chase the console parity bullshit, good, best version here i come.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
No separate texture pack for 4K but considering the difference in clarity, XB1X still has a benefit. Those textures simply resolve sharper.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tapped out after 30 seconds. Holy shit.

When you're riding your horse, they have that same 'camera bob' that GTA V has that helps create a sense of motion. HNNNGGGG

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
As was expected.

The better machine gets the biggest upgrade. One should not be surprised about this one.

The one thing I do care is about is that a bunch of Xbox One S owners will never hit 1080p, aliasing is poor and the screen is just all around blurry.

I am just glad the PS4 version is 1080p and a smooth 30fps. That is all I needed to know. I am expecting performance patches in the upcoming months.