• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So does a 4K texture pack give any benefits to a 1080p user? I'm fine with the storage hit if it means the game looks noticeably better at the resolution I'm playing at.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So does a 4K texture pack give any benefits to a 1080p user? I'm fine with the storage hit if it means the game looks noticeably better at the resolution I'm playing at.

Yep, the supersampling benefits from the higher resolution and the higher quality textures.

Plum

May 31, 2018

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about the textures in particular; super-sampling is definitely a bonus I already know about.
I'm gonna guess you won't notice the difference in texture quality on a 1080p screen

Edit: it was just a prank bro
was proven wrong later in the thread. Sorry for the misleading post

Last edited:

D65

Oct 26, 2017
I'm talking about the textures in particular; super-sampling is definitely a bonus I already know about.

Of course. The textures aren't "4K" in resolution just higher quality (resolution increase and otherwise).

... Let me clarify. 4K textures are not a 4K resolution it's just part of what they call high quality assets made for 4K resolutions.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in that image confirms this? It just says X1XE: True, which means it's Xbox One X enhanced, which we knew.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
For my sake

X1XE - True means is Xbox One X Enhanced (upped resolution, possibly other changes)

Available - Xbox Scorpio means there is an additional texture pack for the X.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Very cool, I am really interested to see the Pro vs X comparisons. I went with PS4 for the friends but, I am pretty sure the One X will have the superior version.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"X1XE: True" doesn't necessarily mean optional 4K texture pack. But this guy is cybersecurity expert (from his bio), so maybe he's seeing something else we're not seeing in that text?

EDIT: Wait a second. The OP actually posted his own tweet? LOL

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
"X1XE: True" doesn't necessarily mean optional 4K texture pack. But this guy is cybersecurity expert (from his bio), so maybe he's seeing something else we're not seeing in that text?

EDIT: Wait a second. The OP actually posted his own tweet? LOL

Lmao seems like he did!

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For my sake

X1XE - True means is Xbox One X Enhanced (upped resolution, possibly other changes)

Available - Xbox Scorpio means there is an additional texture pack for the X.

Oh, I see now. Thank you for explaining it.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
200.gif

Edit:
please be true

Last edited:

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Good was starting to think this trend had died, the majority of 3rd party releases lately haven't had 4k texture upgrades.

Dantendo

Oct 27, 2017
South Australia
The eternal struggle of owning multiple platforms continues.

Going PS4 for friends but I feel like I should experience this game in it's full glory on the X.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if there is one they should make it downloadable without owning the game a few days earlier