• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaelic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I gotta be honest, that's kind of a turnoff for me. I'm still super hyped, but I don't typically have 40-60 hour single player campaigns in me anymore.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but you'd have to work 100 hours a week to keep up!

tenor.gif

It was only funny when we thought it was true.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like, the main story is 60 hours long? Or all the singleplayer content?

Because 60 hours for just the main path sounds kind of a lot

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
It's cool that they can write a summary of the Vulture article and throw in a link to Kotaku and trick me into seeing multiple ads on their site. Good job PC Gamer! Super article!

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, the Rockstar defense force is going full steam. Some kinda messed up or misinformed posts in here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Is it possible we get Undead Nightmare 2?
Zombies are really played out at this point but that was still amazing DLC. Hopefully we get something along those lines

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
How about just people being tired with the continuous drive-by posts that are apparently immune to moderation? There's a thread for this, we don't need to hear it everywhere.

Also, stop it with this pathetic "defense force" shit.

Your precious Rockstar isn't the only one that gets such treatment on this forum. My best advice for you is to get used to it.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Stop painting everyone as some kind of fanboy. I'm mad about the state of general discourse on this forum, not about people arguing against Rockstar.

i mean, koichi sugiyama's abhorrent views are rightfully brought up in just about any DQ-related thread and they deserve to be brought up even if it overtakes other aspects of conversation.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
How about just people being tired with the continuous drive-by posts that are apparently immune to moderation? There's a thread for this, we don't need to hear it everywhere.

The fact that more people actually care about acknowledging gross labor practices speaks more to me than people getting mad about the subject being brought up

Enpap-x

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 1, 2018
Strange that they already have achievements and trophies for it when it's not done yet.

Not really. That is not how development works, for the most part. They definitely have most of the work done and are adding finishing touches.

It is probably much easier to know what your achievements are going to be and code them in in the middle of the process than add them on at the end as well.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

The fact that more people actually care about acknowledging gross labor practices speaks more to me than people getting mad about the subject being brought up

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
"Speak up about"? Are you seriously trying to equate these low effort attempts at humor in the form of drive-by posts as "speaking up about"?
Anyone who defends those kinds of harmful practices is some kind of fanboy.
I wasn't defending, so I'm not sure what it is that you're talking about.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

You have no idea what you're talking about and all these armchair analysis from the side are just moronic as hell.

Go read Rockstar's response to this whole 100 hour nonsense topic that's constantly being brought here on Era up by the usual suspects.

Gross labor? WTF man? Is this game being developed in Bangladesh?

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I assume this is 60 hours for the main story, though everything we've heard about the game's content suggests that side content and main content are meant to blend as seamlessly as possible. I would guess that 60 is a rough estimate with a significant amount of optional content beyond that.

Also, I fully expect RDO to be as much of a shitshow as GTAO. It just seems like it's following the same pattern - lagging behind a consistently delayed singleplayer product, leading to rushed endstage development and rushed launch. Expect this to have similar growing pains.
You have no idea what you're talking about and all these armchair analysis from the side are just moronic as hell.

Go read Rockstar's response to this whole 100 hour nonsense topic that's constantly being brought here on Era up by the usual suspects.

Gross labor? WTF man? Is this game being developed in Bangladesh?
This game honestly looks great and I tried to just talk about the topic at hand, but holy fuck this is a stupid post. Stop corporate stooging my man, shit is embarrassing. You can tell a lot about someone by their willingness to swallow a PR polished damage control turd versus the plethora of firsthand accounts from former devs.

Bud23

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
User Banned (1 Day): Junior phase account; system warring

I mean, there is a thread 50 pages long with a title thats a straight up lie

Mods dont seem to care about that

It would be very different if it were about Naughty Dog, or Sony, but hey

Status
Not open for further replies.