• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These games aren't interesting enough to carry 60 hours of gameplay. Half of that is even pushing it in my book.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
It has nothing to do with playing the game.

I mean this thread is technically about the development of the game. If there's literally any thread that crunch/work hours discussion can have some relevance towards, it's a thread literally discussing an aspect of the game's development. All I see is people not ever wanting to stop and think for even a "second" about where their games come from, and what it takes from the people making it. I don't give a fuck at all if you buy RDR2 or not, I at least want to see people owning the fact that they're doing so in full knowledge of the conditions imposed on workers to get it. People buy iPhones and clothing and whatnot knowing full well the conditions they're made in. I'm not actively judging them either. We all know it's a "reality" of the industry. I'm just tired of seeing that anytime someone makes a push back against it, any discussion is just stifled and shoved away until it's forgotten.

I know you're not here in the best of faith considering you spent your time in that very thread just running proxy defense for Rockstar with the "how can we know what it's like now". I get that you personally aren't interested in humoring the idea.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, there is a thread 50 pages long with a title thats a straight up lie

Mods dont seem to care about that

It would be very different if it were about Naughty Dog, or Sony, but hey
Riiiight...

You might have to look around for people who worked there recently. There are people who worked on GTA Online too.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Dan said he was talking about the writing team, himself included.
Ah yes, I'm sure 100 hours of writing changes a week won't need things in other departments to be reworked at a similar unreasonable pace.

And we've got statements from several ex-devs on GTA4, GTA Online, LA Noire with R* as publisher, and so on. That statement isn't fooling anybody.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I mean this thread is technically about the development of the game. If there's literally any thread that crunch/work hours discussion can have some relevance towards, it's a thread literally discussing an aspect of the game's development. All I see is people not ever wanting to stop and think for even a "second" about where their games come from, and what it takes from the people making it. I don't give a fuck at all if you buy RDR2 or not, I at least want to see people owning the fact that they're doing so in full knowledge of the conditions imposed on workers to get it. People buy iPhones and clothing and whatnot knowing full well the conditions they're made in. I'm not actively judging them either. We all know it's a "reality" of the industry. I'm just tired of seeing that anytime someone makes a push back against it, any discussion is just stifled and shoved away until it's forgotten.

I know you're not here in the best of faith considering you spent your time in that very thread just running proxy defense for Rockstar with the "how can we know what it's like now". I get that you personally aren't interested in humoring the idea.

That doesn't make it okay to derail the game's OT and shove the issue down people's throats. That would only make them dissent it more. Don't present the issue in an annoying way and force it on people and expect them to take it seriously. If you don't want it to be forgotten then do something productive about it instead.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe people wouldn't need to constantly bring it up if the responses weren't moronic to the point that ex-devs telling their stories are being accused of lying and a PR response from Rockstar is believed instead.

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
That doesn't make it okay to derail the game's OT and shove the issue down people's throats. That would only make them dissent it more. Don't present the issue in an annoying way and force it on people and expect them to take it seriously. If you don't want it to be forgotten then do something productive about it instead.

If people are going to ignore such an important issue, and the rights of the very people making the game they love, because they don't like the manner in which the issue is brought up, then maybe they're shitty people. And the venn diagram of those people, and people who use "lazy devs" rhetoric is a circle.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
If people are going to ignore such an important issue, and the rights of the very people making the game they love, because they don't like the manner in which the issue is brought up, then maybe they're shitty people. And the venn diagram of those people, and people who use "lazy devs" rhetoric is a circle.

So the best way to go about it is to shoehorn the issue in literally every AAA game related thread? Otherwise, people are shitty for just wanting to discuss playing the game? WTF?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
So the best way to go about it is to shoehorn the issue in literally every AAA game related thread? Otherwise, people are shitty for just wanting to discuss playing the game? WTF?
You responded to a snarky remark from somebody about the issue, which is granted not the most productive post, to saying the issue is a lie. I'd say that poster isn't the only one to blame for what you call a derail.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Judging by this - and many other threads - Jason's article about crunch culture at Rockstar can't come soon enough.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This thread has been off-topic for three pages. If you want to discuss the labor or crunch controversy, please use the dedicated thread found here. This thread will be rebooted so it has a chance to stay on-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.