• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
doubts on it being 4k native, especially from the footage we have seen

EDIT: it looks way too good. I don't think even the XBX could run it at native 4K.

Last edited:

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm... on a list of Xbox One X enhanced games on xbox.com "4K" is used pretty generously, often for games that have dynamic resolution...

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
I'm pretty sure all the footage we've seen so far is from PS4 Pro, so don't know how you would determine it from that.

yeah. and it looks fucking breath taking. dont know if even the XBX can maintain a native 4k res.

my bet is that it will be dynamic 4k.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Well, one would hope it will look better on X than on a Pro... But native 4k? Nuts if true.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i think aaron greenberg already commented the same thing which he later clarified might not necessarily mean native 4k and its just 4k

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
It would need to push double the pixels of the PS4 Pro version, which a number of games managed to do before. I could see it. The game is probably rather CPU limited anyways. Would be nice to have a full native res version at launch without having to wait for a remaster or PC.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It is going to be dynamic resolution I'd imagine.

But it will run at 30FPS.

FC5 was native 4K on the X, though and nobody believed that before release....

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Nah, highly doubt it. Maybe it targets 4k with dynamic resolution, but I'll wait for the DF team for the facts.

Probably 1440-1600p on the Pro, and 1600-1800p on the X would be my guess.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
DF mentioned that PS4Pro wad about 1920x2160, which given the graphics is quite impressive.

Theorically Xbox X could push around 50% more pixels than that, but I don't think it would be enough to reach native 4k.

Whatever resolution it has I have no doubt it will look amazing.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This honestly wouldn't surprise me, this thing is going to run DMC5 at native 4k/60fps, which i know is a linear game but it still looks visually bonkers.

I'm more interested in (or rather worried about) the PS4 Pro's resolution.

Sal

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Don't really care to be fair. Game looks already insane on the Pro. So the X looks atleast like that. Already good enough for me.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
As long as it's a stable 30FPS it's good...I have both versions on pre-order but I need to see that DF face off to decide which one I keep!

I think looking at last gen and then with GTAV this, R* will get the best out of both machines so X will likely be a nice boost :)

But then if PS5 comes next year with BC....argh! lol

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I have both X and Pro preordered.

This is Schrodinger's Redemption when it comes to the version I pick up.

I have every confidence the X will play / look incrementally better, but the vast majority of my acquaintances are on Pro once the online goes live.

joylevel11

Banned
May 19, 2018
i don't believe it. no chance is it running 2160p all the time. it might hit 2160p in some situations but i think it will still have the usual upscaling/rendering tricks that allow them to market it as "4K". the xbox one x simply isn't powerful enough.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
CjfH2HkUUAAE1pg.jpg

It'll be the best looking and performing version on the market can't wait... hopefully the online mode comes soon after launch.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will probably be dynamic 4k but if it can hit a full 2160p at all with those visuals and draw distance then it's quite the technical accomplishment.

joylevel11

Banned
May 19, 2018
it's not native 4K if you cut the horizontal resolution and keep the 2160 vertical resolution. native 4K is 3840x2160.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
I'm sure it's going to look great on the X but it's not going to be native 4K I guarantee that.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll be the best looking but XB will be unable to advertise that to the masses. A digital foundry vid might be the most attention this native vs checkerboard 4k resolution gets. The game will be reviewed, showcased, and promoted on the PS4. Beyond us, I'm not sure what this info does.