• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It is going to be dynamic resolution I'd imagine.

But it will run at 30FPS.

FC5 was native 4K on the X, though and nobody believed that before release....

The current iteration of the Dunia engine is suuuuuuuper well optimized, and it runs amazingly well across all platforms. Far Cry 5 isn't quite the bleeding edge of visuals either (which isn't to say it's not a nice looking game).

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Person I know who works at Rockstar posted following resolution for platforms .

Xbone X - Native 4k

PS4 Pro - 1920x2160 upscaled to 4k

PS4 - 1080p

Xbone/S - sub 900p.

He saying unlike GTAV ,base XboxOne will not be 1080p this time but X is Native 4k with identical assets to Pro version.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain

Xbone X - Native 4k

PS4 - 1080p

Xbone/S - sub 900p.

He saying unlike GTAV ,base XboxOne will not be 1080p this time but X is Native 4k with identical assets to Pro version.

Sub 900p ?

Happy to move on the Xbox One X this holidays.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You can tell this was the game that escaped MS marketing opportunity. I feel this game being native 4K was the obvious choice to be promoted on the X. It made too much sense especially seeing the love RDR got on the X already.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

Xbone X - Native 4k

PS4 - 1080p

Xbone/S - sub 900p.

Do you know if effects like AF, draw distance, etc could be improved too on the X? But yea being native 4k compared to 1920x2160 is HUGE

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017

Xbone X - Native 4k

PS4 - 1080p

Xbone/S - sub 900p.

I want this to be real so badly

Macaco5

Jan 2, 2018
Will hold my pre-order on the x version until locked 30fps is confirmed. Not willing to trade frame rate for resolution.

If the standard x one is 900p or lower that makes me a bit concerned about the x version as the x gpu is not powerful enough (without tricks) to go straight from 900p to 4k without a hit to frame rate.

Deleted member 41104

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
Will hold my pre-order on the x version until locked 30fps is confirmed. Not willing to trade frame rate for resolution.

If the standard x one is 900p or lower that makes me a bit concerned about the x version as the x gpu is not powerful enough (without tricks) to go straight from 900p to 4k without a hit to frame rate.

Very few games I think are « locked » 30fps, especially those as expansive as this game seems to be. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017

MS has stated that the X was designed to have necessary capabilities for 900p and above games on base Xbox One to hit native 4K on the X. So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities. Best to wait and see though.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Xbone X - Native 4k

PS4 - 1080p

Xbone/S - sub 900p.

Identical assets? Was hoping for higher res textures, but I suppose it doesn't matter considering how amazing the game looks in its current state.

Macaco5

Jan 2, 2018
Very few games I think are « locked » 30fps, especially those as expansive as this game seems to be. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

What can I say, forza horizon 4 has spoiled me! Also I did enjoy playing gta 5 locked on ps4. Far cry 5 as well. It will be a backwards step if the framerate is inconsistent.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If its native 4K I'll tip my hat to the X. It will be dope of it was.

If you look at similar AAA open World games it's very unlikely to be native 4k all of the time. Much like AC Origins / Odyssey it will be dynamic 4k with it being closer to 1600-1800p as the average resolution imo which is still amazing on a 4k screen and a good 40-50% more pixel output than the Pro.

I think the assets will be identical across all platforms including the base consoles.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Xbone X - Native 4k

PS4 - 1080p

Xbone/S - sub 900p.

Ugh - only got an S and was hoping for 900p at least. sub 900p sounds disappointing to me.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you look at similar AAA open World games it's very unlikely to be native 4k all of the time. Much like AC Origins / Odyssey it will be dynamic 4k with it being closer to 1600-1800p as the average resolution imo which is still amazing on a 4k screen and a good 40-50% more pixel output than the Pro.

I think the assets will be identical across all platforms including the base consoles.

Oh I am very aware and fully expect it to be dynamic hence "tipping my hat" to them if thy pull it off with such an ambitious open world. I expect it to be bs though and not native at all.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Ugh - only got an S and was hoping for 900p at least. sub 900p sounds disappointing to me.

Resolution might change at launch who knows. They still optimising it like every dev before launch.
If I were you I will not buy it for base XboxOne . That system not worth buying coz of its very weak hardware..

If you like Xbox then get XboxOne X or stick with PS4

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Resolution might change at launch who knows. They still optimising it like every dev before launch.
If I were you I will not buy it for base XboxOne . That system not worth buying coz of its very weak hardware..

If you like Xbox then get XboxOne X or stick with PS4

I got an S for 150 last year for rare replay and use it for backwards compatibility 360 and og Xbox titles. It's my bluray player too. I'll need another few years to adapt to 4k too, my living room is just too small for a big TV.

I'm 70% a PC gamer and 30% Switch - I won't buy another console, there just not enough time for me like it is, even if the PS4 exclusive titles rock.
An upgrade to the X might be possible with a good deal. Under 300 and when I sell my S an upgrade for like 100 to 150.
Because I like the hardware and the upgrades it does towards BC titles.
Otherwise the S is fine for me.

For Red Dead 2, I'll be fine, even if it doesn't hit 900p it's still disappointing though.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Xbone X - Native 4k

PS4 - 1080p

Xbone/S - sub 900p.

This is true, good.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
doubts on it being 4k native, especially from the footage we have seen

EDIT: it looks way too good. I don't think even the XBX could run it at native 4K.

Native 4K at some areas that aren't visual demanding.

Well, one would hope it will look better on X than on a Pro... But native 4k? Nuts if true.

Nah, highly doubt it. Maybe it targets 4k with dynamic resolution, but I'll wait for the DF team for the facts.

Probably 1440-1600p on the Pro, and 1600-1800p on the X would be my guess.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

I'm sure it's going to look great on the X but it's not going to be native 4K I guarantee that.

NATIVE 4k!!! (5% of the time)

Well, well, well.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Thing is, was it just a guess or was he really in the know?

Has happened a few times that 4K is being thrown around and turns out it's a dynamic 4K game after all.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

Xbone X - Native 4k

PS4 - 1080p

Xbone/S - sub 900p.

Turns out, there's a prophet among us.