• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Spanish retailer Instant Gaming has put up a very interesting listing – a Nintendo Switch version for Red Dead Redemption 2.
The listing comes complete with a Nintendo Switch boxart for Red Dead Redemption 2 and a 2020 launch window for the game. No price was mentioned on the retailer's site. Please remember that nothing has been officially announced for Red Dead Redemption 2 on Nintendo Switch, so this could be early information or listed by mistake.​

Mod Edit: Links removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
This retailer is the same who listed Metroid and Breath of the Wild 2 before the last TGA's. They used to post things by speculation, don't waste your time.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 on Switch would either play at 6 fps or look like a game from Nintendo 64.

giphy.webp

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
The retailer link exists

Could just link to the retailer instead. Not sure why he used nintendosoup.

The product text on the retailer page is literally talking about Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC in the first sentence:

Red Dead Redemption 2 para PC es un juego de acción y aventuras de mundo abierto en el que el jugador puede vagar libremente. Cuenta algunos elementos en tercera persona, además de otras modalidades de juego en primera persona. El jugador puede cometer crímenes, pero de hacerlo deberá estar preparado para ser perseguido por las fuerzas del orden, ¡quienes estarán dispuestas a hacer valer todo el peso de la ley sobre los delincuentes!

Plum

May 31, 2018
After The Witcher 3 I find that it's foolish to truly rule out things from coming to the Switch. I don't think this is likely but who knows.

However I can definitely rule out me buying a Switch version of RDR2. It's the antithesis to the types of 3rd party ports that I have played and would want to play on Switch.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Before the bigger game that is still selling like crazy and easier to port? sounds unlikely.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Red Dead Redemption 2 on Switch would either play at 6 fps or look like a game from Nintendo 64.
B-but DOOM...!

I mean, if you downgrade the visuals of this game to make it work on a Switch you take out so much of the experience that you are left with just the awkward controls for the most part. RDR1 would be better in that case imo.

Also, isn't this game like 100GB+?

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
C'mon, guys, of course I was joking, but we all know that The Witcher 3 on Switch looks pretty ugly...

It doesn't though. It looks very nice, obviously not nearly as good as on PC (where I've played it before) or other consoles but on the Switch's screen it looks really impressive. Made my wife even take note and say "wow, is that what video games look like nowadays? It looks really realistic!"

Status
Not open for further replies.