• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Arthur's tent is next to a wagon; the ammo is on the back of that wagon. It's similar to the food wagon and medicine wagon; you go to the back of each and manually grab the supplies you need. They all have icons on your radar.

Ah I know about that but why does it change the number in the ledger? I thought the number represents the amount of resources available to the camp? Does it mean the opposite?

edit: I picked up some ammo from Arthurs wagon and the number in the ledger didn't change.
And the "0/200" is also there for supplies and medicine.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
It's not missing "fun" - it's just that different people find different things fun. I think RDR2 and Odyssey are both a lot of fun, just for different reasons. And if you're not finding RDR2 fun, it's ok, move along with your life and play something else.

This. Exploring the world, talking to gang members, doing missions and just riding around in RDR's world is incredibly fun to me. Seeing all the systems at play work together so we'll is insane. I find it fun.

AC on the other hand I cannot deal with. I don't want fetch quests, don't want progress and XP bars, don't want levels, don't want any of that stuff. And I say this is as someone who liked older AC games. They're just not for me anymore.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Arrived in Saint-Denis. Well I said damn!

Also, last few missions have been each amazing. Chapter 3 goes full on western mythology and imagery at the end. Love it.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
RE: ledger "0/200" number.
This is basically there for all the items you can choose in the ledger. Also for the leather tools for example.

No one knows what it means?

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I don't know what happened in my game, I should I say where it went wrong. I'd literally just booted up, left my camp then ran into the O'Driscoll gang. Took them all out, pinched their horse and wagon to go fence it then on the way met a woman who was trapped under a dead horse. Saved her, offered her a ride to Valentine bit thought I would fence the wagon first. Upon reaching the barn I forgot to press R1, horse ran into side of barn then was standing on boxes, died, witness reported it, barn opened, tried to take ago inside but doors shut on my injuring myself and last horse.

Finally got out but couldn't "sell" wagon so left empty handed. Too far away for my horse to hear my whistle so along the way I robbed people, collected a debt etc all while trying to save. "manual save not permitted", finally got closer to my horse, rode to camp and some icons are missing. Can't sleep/rest, can't donate to camp, can't trade in my skins and supplies etc and still can't save. I fear if I restart it'll be back an hour or two to when I met the O'Driscolls.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So in your travels, has anyone

Spoiler for roadside misc. events in case people want to discover that stuff for themselves

found a guy trying to fix his horse's hoof, you offer him help and the horse kicks the guy dead? My jaw literally dropped and I was dying from laughter.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I don't know what happened in my game, I should I say where it went wrong. I'd literally just booted up, left my camp then ran into the O'Driscoll gang. Took them all out, pinched their horse and wagon to go fence it then on the way met a woman who was trapped under a dead horse. Saved her, offered her a ride to Valentine bit thought I would fence the wagon first. Upon reaching the barn I forgot to press R1, horse ran into side of barn then was standing on boxes, died, witness reported it, barn opened, tried to take ago inside but doors shut on my injuring myself and last horse.

Finally got out but couldn't "sell" wagon so left empty handed. Too far away for my horse to hear my whistle so along the way I robbed people, collected a debt etc all while trying to save. "manual save not permitted", finally got closer to my horse, rode to camp and some icons are missing. Can't sleep/rest, can't donate to camp, can't trade in my skins and supplies etc and still can't save. I fear if I restart it'll be back an hour or two to when I met the O'Driscolls.
Do you have a yellow [X] on your map for a quest marker?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
man that the saloon is closed at night in Saint Denis is some proper BS, i arrived, wanna go to the trapper, trapper closed... looking at the clock, it is in the middle of the night "ok, i go sleep"-saloon closed. yeah cool...

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit

early chapter 2 spoiler

That mission where arthur and lenny get drunk. That dance. Best drunk mission in a game ever

lmao, that was too perfect

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Crashing your horse is just as brutal and horrifying 45 hours in as it did the very first time(especially wearing headphones). I hate it so much.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
So is there a reason why I can't purchase the Schofield gun right now? I got way more than enough cash but it's got the locked icon by it.
Just shoot them earlier lol

If i pull the left trigger and it shows a gang member, I fill up the quick draw with the right trigger and try to take out as many as possible right at the beginning
Ok, I can shoot first and ask questions later? Figured that would lower my honor.

Man does it suck losing $40 something bucks when you die.

Oct 28, 2017
Right, so for hunting. If it's not a perfect pelt then is there any point bringing it to Pearson at all? Because there's no gains for anything other than perfect pelts, right?

If not what do I go with them? Who do I sell them to?

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
This keeps on popping up on the top left corner of my screen every 3 seconds "animal has decomposed too much and has lost its value" anyone know how to stop this?

Gwyn

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up for people on xbox one with instant on.

My save is 'corrupted'
I have instant on enabled on my xbox one x and last time i played i simply shut down my xbox without quiting the game.

Now it's stuck in loading screen forever.
Tried hard reset and deleting local save data+reserved space. Still stuck at loading screen.
So i lost around 30 hours play time...

I will disable instant and quit properly from now on.

Edit: Forgot to mention that i am in the insider alpha ring and i already reported the issue.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
This game... i can't begin to explain how much I love it. It is so big in scope while never forgetting every tiny detail. I must have put 40 hours in it by now. Im in chapter 3, I take my sweet ass time. Between missions Im exploring the world and becoming a master hunter. Killing three star animals and keeping their fur in mint condition, killing legendary animals. I use the lasso, knife, hunting rifle, bow and sometimes sniper for bigger animals.

After doing one mission tonight I went on an adventure that wouldn't see me back at camp until three in-game days. I've seen things you wouldn't believe. No worries, its no story content, only side stuff... Still, ill put it in spoilers to be sure.

So I traveled from my camp in the swamp south back to the rolling fields of the middle of the map. Decided to check out a weird rock formation right beneath Valentine and then the rocks reminded me of this treasure map I had. Sure enough, I found a treasure hidden in a crack of the rocks: a necklace (which was nice as someone back in camp asked me to find one) and a map to another treasure.

From there, I was planning a trip up way north in the snowy mountains, I hadn't visited that location since the start of the game and according to the back of a photograph its where a legendary gunslinger was hiding. Underway I stopped to eat at Strawberry and I moved on to the rough and cold north. Just before going up the mountain I discovered a small camp with enemies that I shot and looted. Decided to spend the night in their tent to start fresh in the morning.

The next day I ploughed through the snow in the mountains, killing wolves that attacked me here and there, then finally found the camp of the gunslinger at the foot of an ice lake. He had some henchmen that I took care off while he was hiding in his cabin lol. So much for a legendary cowboy. He challenged me to a duel when he finally came out but I was faster. Took a photo of his dead mug as proof, looted his cabin and went on my merry way.

Later that day, back at the foot of the mountain while trying to stay away from the enemy fort above Valentine, I discovered a unique rock shape with strange people drawn on it. I made a note of it in my journal. I went back up north a bit and found a cave in the cracks of a mountain. Had to use my lantern to find a way inside, where I found seven statues of men with certain amount of fingers surrounding one smaller statue. Creepy as hell. It was related to the drawings on the rock formation I saw earlier. While I wont spoil the solution to the puzzle that took place there, I do want to say i solved it and the prize... well, lets just say that the price was something i wanted to bring to the Fence as fast as possible. When I got out of the cave it was dark again and misty, with a half filled yellow moon putting a strange haze on the surface of the ground. It was straight out of a movie I swear. I was so IN this game that I decided to sleep again and start afresh tomorrow.

The next day the sunlight unveiled a strange building where I had slept close by... it was a little house half in the hill. It was almost an exact copy of Bilbo Baggings house from Lord of the Rings! What a surprise. I took a note of it in my journal and on the map.

I started my journey back to the Fence at Emerald Farm. When I got on the plains I remembered I still needed a bison skin. I tried capturing a bison earlier in the game but failed horribly. With my newfound expertise in hunting it was time for a second chance. With my binoculars I found a three star bison and like Ive learned I readied my lasso to catch him and keep the fur in mint condition.

It worked! I captured the bison and started to reel him in. But oh no... he struggled a great deal and made my life a hell until he depleted all my stamina and got away. I quickly used a potion to refill my stamina and quietly went after the bison again. When i found him grazing the fields with his friends again I kept my distance and took the sniper rifle out of the saddle. It was worth a shot... I aimed for his forehead... BOOM... he went down!! As the other bisons fled the scene, I made my way to the shot bison and skinned him and put his perfect fur on my horse. What a rush!

I galloped to the Fence and sold the 'treasure' I found in the cave yesterday and received a fantasic amount of cash. With a smile on my face I trecked back south, where I arrived at camp in the evening with an orange, low hanging sun giving me a warm welcome. I gave the perfect bison pelt to Pearson, put a part of my new earnings in the camp savings, gave the woman that asked for it the necklace, went for a swim in the lake to get the stink and blood out of my clothes and sat down with my friends by the campfire with a nice meal and a beer. Then I hit the sack.

Those were three hours in real life, and it feels like one of the greatest adventures I ever had in a game. Without. Playing. A. Single. Mission.

Game of the generation.

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So is there a reason why I can't purchase the Schofield gun right now? I got way more than enough cash but it's got the locked icon by it.

Ok, I can shoot first and ask questions later? Figured that would lower my honor.

Man does it suck losing $40 something bucks when you die.

Keep progressing through the story and you'll get it. If a weapon is locked you have to find it in the world / story mission to unlock it.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I hope they add the ability to set a horse as a pack animal if you have more than one horse.

And ideally if you had a pack animal you could carry 3 large hunting items, one on your primary horse and 2 on your pack horse, since it won't have a saddle and you could put another deer/bear pelt/wolf where you would be riding.
It would be nice to be able to bring a wagon with you when farming pelts/carcasses. Without fast travel, and with fuck all storage space on your horse, hunting expeditions in remote areas become an exercise in frustration and tedium.

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Do the horse's stamina and health increase naturally as you ride it, or do you need to improve them by buying better stuff like saddles?

Oct 28, 2017
I swear there was a fire at your camp with a grill for cooking. Where is it I cant see it? Doesn't help that you move at a snails pace in camp.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
DW9oDgW.gif

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Rockstar anticipated my stupidity. Just followed Sadie around the camp greeting her, she did not appreciate it.

I also love how when characters are having conversations they will dynamically include you / ask for your opinion, or if it's a private conversation they'll tell you to fuck off.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Any help about saves?
I think I accidentally overwrote my auto save file with a manual one and now the game doesn't auto saves anymore. Any way to get that back?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Having an issue getting the game to work. I turn on my PS4 Pro and pop the disc in. It shows up in the UI as "Playstation 4 format disc". It says I have to update to 6.00 to launch the software. Well, I try to update and get some random error. I go to test internet connection and everything works except connecting to PSN. Ive reset my modem and and PS4 and it still doesnt work, what am I doing wrong? This is why I hate consoles, such a hassle sometimes. Use to be PCs that were a headache to use, now its the other way around.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
I really hate how PS4 has no hour counter for time played, I know some games handle it themselves, I'd love to know how long I've played so far, I've lost track of timr

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So in your travels, has anyone

Spoiler for roadside misc. events in case people want to discover that stuff for themselves

found a guy trying to fix his horse's hoof, you offer him help and the horse kicks the guy dead? My jaw literally dropped and I was dying from laughter.
First time it happened to me too!
The second time I figured I could maybe prevent it, so I had Arthur offer help. Not sure if it was supposed to be, but the horse got spooked and ran off. At least it didn't kill the guy but he wasn't happy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.