Red Dead Redemption 2 |OT2| For A Few Hours More

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
If I pick up a gun (option to swap) does that mean I lose my own weapon which is dropped to the floor?

I’ve customised it and don’t want to lose it - but also don’t want to lose the chance to get this new gun which I don’t own?

Thanks

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
If I pick up a gun (option to swap) does that mean I lose my own weapon which is dropped to the floor?

I’ve customised it and don’t want to lose it - but also don’t want to lose the chance to get this new gun which I don’t own?

Thanks
The dropped gun will appear on your horse saddle.

Oct 27, 2017
Question for you folks:

When I craft satchel upgrades with Pearson, does the increase in inventory space change from one type to another depending on what satch I equip, or is the storage space upgraded indefinitely no matter what? (With the satchel itself being purely cosmetic)

Oct 29, 2017
Question about a (possible) glitch in the epilogue:

Has anyone else found that their outfit resets to whatever was equipped by the game whenever they reload a save? The game gave me a pretty casual outfit with range gloves but I changed out of it, went to Saint Denis to do a quest and had to reload a save but now I'm back in the casual outfit. I definitely made the save after changing the outfit too.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Question for you folks:

When I craft satchel upgrades with Pearson, does the increase in inventory space change from one type to another depending on what satch I equip, or is the storage space upgraded indefinitely no matter what? (With the satchel itself being purely cosmetic)
It's purely cosmetic and the effects are applied no matter what Satchel you decide to use. There is a description that says this in the Pearson Crafting menu, I think.

Question about a (possible) glitch in the epilogue:

Has anyone else found that their outfit resets to whatever was equipped by the game whenever they reload a save? The game gave me a pretty casual outfit with range gloves but I changed out of it, went to Saint Denis to do a quest and had to reload a save but now I'm back in the casual outfit. I definitely made the save after changing the outfit too.
Yeah, this happened to me all the time. Not only with Reloads, but also in Missions and Fast Travels.

Oct 29, 2017
It's purely cosmetic and the effects are applied no matter what Satchel you decide to use. There is a description that says this in the Pearson Crafting menu, I think.

Yeah, this happened to me all the time. Not only with Reloads, but also in Missions and Fast Travels.
Ahh ok. Bit of a pain but no matter, thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
So are some of these missions time sensitive? I apparently missed the oil wagon mission. I was off doing other things, then get a message saying John wants to talk to me, then i go back to camp and he told me he did it already.

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I think my favorite wanted moment was near the docks in Saint Denis. There was some guy carrying a load from the ship. I kept greeting him and it never got hostile. He eventually dropped the box and went running because I was disturbing the peace.

Oct 27, 2017
I killed a couple of bounty hunters to turn in their haul, and Arthur gets a $10 bounty when a witness that teleported in after I rode out of there (didn't see Arthur) somehow knew it was him. That's after reporting the crime to who knows who in the middle of nowhere, in a matter of seconds.

If you play high honor and just do normal things like exploration, fishing, hunting, missions, etc, this game is one of the best ever. If you stray a little off this path, all the systems show their warts and that immersion is lost.

LOL, I turned it in and got $13! 3 dollar profit! Events like this are so pointless to do, heh.

Last edited:

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I just learned that quitting the game immediately after getting a Challenge done is a bad idea. Just booted the game back up and Gambler 8 is back and progress wasn't saved.

I spent over an hour getting this yesterday... FML...

Whats the best thing to do with all the animal skins I have accumlated on the back of my horse? I also got a bear skin and its gone. Did someone steal it or can they fall off your horse?
Sell the pelts to either Pearson or the Trapper, depending on what you want to craft.

Whenever your horse falls over, the pelts and carcasses will generally all be knocked off too.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Whats the best thing to do with all the animal skins I have accumlated on the back of my horse? I also got a bear skin and its gone. Did someone steal it or can they fall off your horse?
If they're perfect 3 star pelts, donate them to Pearson at your camp so they can be used in crafting. If you've already got the upgrades from Pearson, sell them to the Trapper to be used in crafting. If they aren't perfect 3 star pelts, all you can do is sell them for cash. Larger skins can definitely fall off your horse if you have a tumble, such as crashing into a tree, and you'll lose everything if you die at any point, so it's preferable to turn them in immediately.

Nov 2, 2017
Spoilers for the final mission. I got a bug ....
when the fight between Arthur and Micah starts. You're apparently supposed to mash circle to get free, but nothing is happening. Just the two of them standing there struggling endlessly. Went for a couple minutes before I just stopped pushing anything, then Micah kills you. Tried resetting the checkpoint, and restarting the mission, still the same problem. Anyone know anything about this?

Really sucked the life out of the climax of the game.

Oct 29, 2017
Post main quest/epilogue spoilers:

I'm not the only one seeing the HUGE similarity between John and Dutch, right? John with the level 7 hair, pomade-slicked back and a mustache is basically a young Dutch. Could easily pass for his son.

A bit miffed we can't have John's actual hair from the game though, even if it disabled growth it would still be nice to have it as an option.

I can't stop laughing

Oh shit she actually killed him. Wow. Never thought NPCs would react like that.

Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Welp, I just learned that quitting the game immediately after getting a Challenge done is a bad idea. Just booted the game back up and Gambler 8 is back and progress wasn't saved.

I spent over an hour getting this yesterday... FML...
Oof, that sucks, sorry. Which one is 8 again? I'm trying to get the one where you have to win 3 games of dominoes without drawing from the table. Seems tough.

The pelts can fall off if your horse falls down. I just sell all of mine to a butcher.

Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers for the final mission. I got a bug ....
when the fight between Arthur and Micah starts. You're apparently supposed to mash circle to get free, but nothing is happening. Just the two of them standing there struggling endlessly. Went for a couple minutes before I just stopped pushing anything, then Micah kills you. Tried resetting the checkpoint, and restarting the mission, still the same problem. Anyone know anything about this?

Really sucked the life out of the climax of the game.
Did you change the controls so you hold the button rather than tap? I didn't experience any bugs there, but I did it before the patch.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finish the entire game, including epilogue.

Wow. One of my favorite games this gen. Roller coaster ride but always engaging at all times. Loved it when it was slow, loved it when things got intense.

Credits rolling now. It’s easily top 3 this gen imo.

Also, watching the credits makes it even more apparent a fucking million ppl worked on this game

Oct 27, 2017
Every single time I go over to a plume of smoke the dude calls me out, I defuse and try to go back to my horse and they just straight up start shooting. I’ve had enough, so I hogtied him and threw him in a river.... then it happened again exact same scenario so I threw a hatchet into his face.

It fucking sucks that every time you just defend yourself you get bad honour and lawmen after you.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, that sucks, sorry. Which one is 8 again? I'm trying to get the one where you have to win 3 games of dominoes without drawing from the table. Seems tough.
The Blackjack one where you have to win with 5 cards minimum. Took me an other ~90 minutes after my post. Was also just able to complete the 3 Dominoes wins in a row one, but only because I used the Exit "trick". For some reason you keep your streak, if you exit the game, so I did this every time I was close to losing. Now onto the final one which is winning 3 hands of Poker in a row. Probably gonna use the same trick, if it's even possible.

These last 3 Gambling Challenges are actually pretty insane. lol

Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
The Blackjack one where you have to win with 5 cards minimum. Took me an other ~90 minutes after my post. Was also just able to complete the 3 Dominoes wins in a row one, but only because I used the Exit "trick". For some reason you keep your streak, if you exit the game, so I did this every time I was close to losing. Now onto the final one which is winning 3 hands of Poker in a row. Probably gonna use the same trick, if it's even possible.

These last 3 Gambling Challenges are actually pretty insane. lol
Poker is one of my favorite mini games. I had a ton of fun going for the bust a player at each location challenge. I took it even further and made my own challenge where not only did I have to bust someone out at each location, I had to win the table at each location. Got tough in Saint Denis, it was the only place where I had to buy back in.

I don't know what I'm doing in dominoes though so I'm just winging it. Might actually look into how to play. Five Finger Filet is also tough for me past the first few players. When it gets to the crazy bit I get overwhelmed. Hope there isn't too many of those to do.

Oct 29, 2017
I got a back issue of Official Xbox magazine for the cool 2 sided poster inside. Makes me wish I had a subscription because that magazine is amazing. I really miss game magazines like this.

The poster has John on the one side and Sadie on the other.

I like this picture of John because it is historically impossible. The Levis Type III trucker vest he is wearing did not exist until the 60s... Also the belt fed machine gun belt he is wearing did not exist until 1910 at the earliest. The Maxim gun belt looked a bit different. This belt is either a Browning or from an MG42.

Pics:

Nov 1, 2018
Does anyone know where I can find weapons early?
And I don’t mean the “special weapons” either. When the game opens up during chapter 2 to explore, there are certain locations where you can get guns early (prior to story missions and locked weapons at the gunsmith).

For example, you can find the Lancaster Repeater in the basement of the Rhodes gunsmith, the Schofield revolver in the back of the Valentine doctor’s office, and the semi-auto shotgun in the basement of an old lady’s home (forgot the location).

Are these the only areas weapons are available early during exploration?

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know where I can find weapons early?
And I don’t mean the “special weapons” either. When the game opens up during chapter 2 to explore, there are certain locations where you can get guns early (prior to story missions and locked weapons at the gunsmith).

For example, you can find the Lancaster Repeater in the basement of the Rhodes gunsmith, the Schofield revolver in the back of the Valentine doctor’s office, and the semi-auto shotgun in the basement of an old lady’s home (forgot the location).

Are these the only areas weapons are available early during exploration?
There is a rare shotgun in a hermit's shack near Annesburg. You have to kill him to get it though.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Going through the Perks and Equipment Compendium lists and I've found about a couple things that I'm missing:
  • Owl Feather Trinket from Rain Falls. You can get it by replaying the mission and doing what he wants, but appareantly the effects of the trinket (15% less drain rate on all cores) are not applied, if you acquire it by replaying the mission.
  • The Farm, Field, and Falconry Perk from the Saint Denis Mayor. Appareantly you should receive this after doing the 2nd mission for him, but I never got this one. The effects of the Perks are also unknown, it seems.
  • Jawbone Knife. Never received this, but I successfully completed the Dinosaur Bones quest.
  • The Ancient Arrow Head is also nowhere to be found, despite me picking it up, after I completed the Dreamcatcher quest.
  • The entry for the Off Hand Holster disappeared for some reason?
I don't think these are important for anything, although some of them have some nice effects and I would love to have them for the sake of completion.

Poker is one of my favorite mini games. I had a ton of fun going for the bust a player at each location challenge. I took it even further and made my own challenge where not only did I have to bust someone out at each location, I had to win the table at each location. Got tough in Saint Denis, it was the only place where I had to buy back in.

I don't know what I'm doing in dominoes though so I'm just winging it. Might actually look into how to play. Five Finger Filet is also tough for me past the first few players. When it gets to the crazy bit I get overwhelmed. Hope there isn't too many of those to do.
Yeah, Poker is always fun to me. The trick that I mentioned doesn't work in Poker, though, so I went ahead and got my challenge done with 30-40 cent bluffs. Was very lucky, because I saw people spending hours on this challenge, too.

When it comes to Dominoes... it has like 3 different modes in this game and it's probably the most tactical one (Three's was the easiest for me). I'm pretty sure that Dominoes is partly borken, too, because sometimes it won't let you place Dominoes onto branches, when it actually should let you do that. I also had an instance of where it totally bugged out and the Dominoes remained in the middle of the table, instead of them being drawn and placed onto the stand that is in front of you. lol

The other Gambling Challenges are fairly easy and only 8, 9 and 10 are crazy due to relying too much on RNG. Gambling is probably the hardest challenge for that very reason. Other Challenges just require you to do simple tasks, collecting things or are time sensitive. I should be done with all of them by tomorrow, now that I have completed the Gambling one.

Nov 12, 2017
I like this picture of John because it is historically impossible. The Levis Type III trucker vest he is wearing did not exist until the 60s... Also the belt fed machine gun belt he is wearing did not exist until 1910 at the earliest. The Maxim gun belt looked a bit different. This belt is either a Browning or from an MG42.
If I’m not mistaken, that’s the vest he wore in RDR1, so at least Rockstar is consistent in their inaccuracy

Oct 29, 2017
If I’m not mistaken, that’s the vest he wore in RDR1, so at least Rockstar is consistent in their inaccuracy
It is, although in the game the model has different shaped pocket flaps (that are rectangular) and has brass fasteners. Also the sleeves had been cut off longer.

Also, in the RDR2 the jacket is made from indigo dyed denim. In RDR the jacket is made from black denim.

RDR2 John

Information about Levis' jackets and history: https://www.heddels.com/2013/03/levis-denim-trucker-jacket-review-type-i-ii-and-iii/

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can hear Kieran being tortured in the background. Sucks you can't do anything about it. :( This audio sounds like him, and there are more screams, but maybe this is just supposed to be a generic one?

Oct 28, 2017
Got a glitch with a side mission in chapter 4, which I'll spoiler for the diligent.
It's the artist one in Saint Denis. He invited me to his exhibition. I went there and walked around but nothing triggered, and the guests were floating in the air! I even tried to attack them but they were invincible. I loaded my previous save and now the symbol for his mission doesn't even appear. Guess I won't be able to finish his storyline?

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm finally done with the game now. Hunting down specific animals just isn't fun given how randomly some of them spawn in locations the guide says they should be. So that rules out 100%-ing the game as I've spent hours just searching for a fucking opossum so heaven knows how long it would take to even find the other critters for the hunting challenge. They have been far too stingy in that regard.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've just recently started the game and until now I completely avoided the OTs, so this most likely has been mentioned before.

Are some rewards not working right in this game? I've delivered a stage coach and it said "worth 300, Arthurs share 75" but I got the full 300... and just now I delivered a bounty worth 100 and I got 4,23.