Red Dead Redemption 2 |OT2| For A Few Hours More

Oct 29, 2017
what the fuck am i supposed to be doing in chapter 5

i should've gone to see dutch but instead i got caught in a trap & tortured for a bit, helped some dudes out and now i'm wanted all over this dumb island. i literally can't get to dutch now, there's guards everywhere and all i'm doing is dying and losing money i can't spend here anyway
You have to get to Dutch on the side of the island that your camp is on. Just head upstream of the river that runs near camp when you respawn and you'll see the path up to Dutch.

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Just finished Chapter 3.
Shit gets fucking real at the end. Sean gets his brains blown out and Jack get kidnapped? Hopefully there's not as much side stuff from now on because there's much more urgency in the main story now.

Oct 25, 2017
So I got every single Cigarette card by using the RDR2 interactive map site. But I think something glitched when I tried to mail the last set back because when I check the log it says I've completed every set except Fauna, and in my inventory I only have seven of the fauna cards, despite my compendium saying I have 144 of 144.

Super frustrating, because now I guess I'm just gonna have to hunt Premium Cigarette packs and hope for fauna cards?

Oct 29, 2017
So I got every single Cigarette card by using the RDR2 interactive map site. But I think something glitched when I tried to mail the last set back because when I check the log it says I've completed every set except Fauna, and in my inventory I only have seven of the fauna cards, despite my compendium saying I have 144 of 144.

Super frustrating, because now I guess I'm just gonna have to hunt Premium Cigarette packs and hope for fauna cards?
I'd at least try going back for those cards you're missing first. Maybe you reloaded a save after collecting them and just forgot about it? Woudln't explain why they're in the compendium though so IDK.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
No old save you can load up? Might be worth it to re play a few hours if you want the 100%.
I should have probably done that. :/

What fish? What location?
The Sockeye Salmon at Lake Isabella. Placed it on my horse, went for an other fish that I needed for my Compendium, turned arround and the Salmon was not on my horse anymore.

Where did it disappear? Off your horse? I think they'll respawn in the wild in that case after a few days.
They can respawn? That would be fantastic. I assume you mean just forwarding the time in-game and not IRL days, right? Will definitely have to try this later.

Oct 26, 2017
I've just done the first part of Chapter 5, and I know people have been mixed on the chapter, but I've really enjoyed it so far.

I've just
got back to the new camp near Lagras, and shot all the Pinkertons with the Gatling gun turret.

The island was really fun, and a sort of action packed, linear break was a good way to keep the pacing up, as chapter 4 seemed to be dragging a little bit, even though nothing much really happened as such. It felt like Mexico from the first game, but not a boring, if brief, slog.

I've just done the first part of Chapter 5, and I know people have been mixed on the chapter, but I've really enjoyed it so far.

I've just
got back to the new camp near Lagras, and shot all the Pinkertons with the Gatling gun turret.

The island was really fun, and a sort of action packed, linear break was a good way to keep the pacing up, as chapter 4 seemed to be dragging a little bit, even though nothing much really happened as such. It felt like Mexico from the first game, but not a boring, if brief, slog.
I assume they intended it to be a palette cleanser, and I was excited for it after that intro, but then it doesn’t really go anywhere. I know it’s already a very long game, but I could easily have done with a much bigger and more fleshed out chapter 5.

Got a question, what does that rich motivational book do? I reject it it because it looks like a fake mlm stuff. Will i miss something?
Nothing.
Nope.

Oct 27, 2017
Still loving this game so much. The presentation, storytelling, voice work, is completely unparalleled in my opinion - maybe ONLY by The Last of Us.

I'm a few missions into Chapter 4 and I really don't want it to end. Arthur and the gang are such a complex group of characters that it's so hard not to root for them. The end of Chapter 3 was so rad and I really enjoyed the first few missions of Chapter 4 as well.

I'm only like 43% through the story (or so my progress says) which is INSANE to me because the urgency is really ramping up and it seems like I'm approaching the end game. Glad there is a lot left to do and see.

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway

Just buy them at any store.

Oct 29, 2017
catvonpee Just ticked off Gambling Challenge 10 :D Got sooooo lucky on that last one. I went to Valentine and there was only 1 guy at the poker table and he immediately folds on all 3 hands. Fucking A! Thanks for the advice on the other challenges.

Beyond store discounts and the way people react to you does honour factor into the epilogue story at all like it did the main story. I wouldn't think so but I've got a few Bandit Challenges too and I don't want to tank my story.

Oct 27, 2017
If you change your mind I do know that opossums are pretty common along the river North of Rhodes, where Javier takes you fishing (something-Creek IIRC). I also remember getting virtually every kind of small animal (skunk, raccoon, squirrel etc.) all spawning South of Riggs station, around the abandoned army camp.
Went to where you said and *boom* found one straight away. Reignited my enthusiasm to go for 100% so thanks.

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw a buck nudging a dying buck, trying to make it get up, and ran away when I got close. 100 hours in at this stage and still seeing new things.

Oct 30, 2017
I gave this another go on the X after dropping it at launch on the Pro.

It's so much better and funnier when you play it as total prick. See that witness over there? A bullet will take care of that.

That said, the bounty system is fucking garbage. Bounties all over the place. I think in chapter three I'll always wear the bandana and only take it off when I have to.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Got all the Legendary Fish and the quest for it done. I'm so glad that you can re-catch them, if they bug out on you.

The hunt for 100% continues (97.2% now)!

Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
So if I missed one of the loyalty missions, can I still 100% the game? I don’t see that as a stat requirement anywhere.
I don't know about 100% but you can't get the platinum trophy. I would imagine the 2 are tied together but I'm not 100% (sorry).

If you're worried about it, try reloading an old save if you can to do the mission.

I'm pretty sure they all have to be done in a single playthrough so you'll have to replay the entire game if you want to get the 100%.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know about 100% but you can't get the platinum trophy. I would imagine the 2 are tied together but I'm not 100% (sorry).

If you're worried about it, try reloading an old save if you can to do the mission.

I'm pretty sure they all have to be done in a single playthrough so you'll have to replay the entire game if you want to get the 100%.
I’m an idiot for only retaining one save. God...I don’t know how I missed any.

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
What actually classes as a loyalty mission?
I don't know if I've done them or not, and I've just got to Chapter 6.
I think they count as story missions even though they are missable, so you can check on Social Club to see if you've missed any. I only just got to chapter 4, but I think the big missable one is at the beginning of chapter 6. You need to be at least honor level 4 for it to be available, I believe.

Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I’m an idiot for only retaining one save. God...I don’t know how I missed any.
Sorry fam, I know that sucks. Now you'll have a reason to replay the game before the next one comes out.

And try to break that one save habit, it will always bite you in the ass given the chance. I have every single save file used at the moment so I'm constantly saving over older, throw away saves.

You must be in the late game to be noticing it, if not maybe consult a guide and see if it's salvageable. I pretty sure the only missable honor mission is in CH. 6 and it's dependent on having pretty high honor.

Oct 26, 2017
I think they count as story missions even though they are missable, so you can check on Social Club to see if you've missed any. I only just got to chapter 4, but I think the big missable one is at the beginning of chapter 6. You need to be at least honor level 4 for it to be available, I believe.
Ah, OK, I'll have to keep my eye out. My honor is fairly high, like, it's almost at max.

How early in chapter 6 are you talking?
I've currently done:
The hot air balloon and John rescue with Sadie, Edith's two sidemissions (helping her son at the mine, and bringing her back to Annesburg), and my next available mission is called Just a Social Call for Micah, although I've not played that yet.

Should I have seen it yet?

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry fam, I know that sucks. Now you'll have a reason to replay the game before the next one comes out.

And try to break that one save habit, it will always bite you in the ass given the chance. I have every single save file used at the moment so I'm constantly saving over older, throw away saves.

You must be in the late game to be noticing it, if not maybe consult a guide and see if it's salvageable. I pretty sure the only missable honor mission is in CH. 6 and it's dependent on having pretty high honor.
Ha, thanks for the info. Yeah, I’ve finished the story so I’m just screwed I guess. But I guess I will replay the game at some point.

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Ah, OK, I'll have to keep my eye out. My honor is fairly high, like, it's almost at max.

How early in chapter 6 are you talking?
I've currently done:
The hot air balloon and John rescue with Sadie, Edith's two sidemissions (helping her son at the mine, and bringing her back to Annesburg), and my next available mission is called Just a Social Call for Micah, although I've not played that yet.

Should I have seen it yet?
The mission is called
Do Not Seek Absolution I/II

Oct 25, 2017

I've just

I also loved chapter 5.

From that point on, the story has been really intense (and sad). After you return there's a true sense of doom hovering over everything.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Right, I've done those.
I'm still missing a mission from Chapter 2, and one from Chapter 4 apparently according to Social Club. No idea what they would've been though.
Based on my experience having played through Chapter 2 twice now, the missable mission is the first bounty at the sheriffs in Valentine. I didn't do it on my first playthrough and it shows as a blank; I did it on the second and it shows in the Chapter lists as opposed to any other bounty quests which do not. Not sure about Chapter 4; I haven't reached that on my second playthrough yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Right, I've done those.
I'm still missing a mission from Chapter 2, and one from Chapter 4 apparently according to Social Club. No idea what they would've been though.
Based on my experience having played through Chapter 2 twice now, the missable mission is the first bounty at the sheriffs in Valentine. I didn't do it on my first playthrough and it shows as a blank; I did it on the second and it shows in the Chapter lists as opposed to any other bounty quests which do not. Not sure about Chapter 4; I haven't reached that on my second playthrough yet.
Yeah I think that bounty mission is missable. I just got to Chapter 4 so I'm not sure about the missable mission there. I heard about the one in Chapter 6 so I just looked to see what the name of the mission was so I make sure to do it ASAP when I get there. I don't know any story details or anything ahead of where I am now.

Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
any chance you could tell me how to find this info? I'm on social club now and can't find the info on honor missions.

thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
any chance you could tell me how to find this info? I'm on social club now and can't find the info on honor missions.

thanks.
I think the one in chapter 6 is the only one where you need a certain honor level for it to be available. If you are missing a story mission on a chapter you've completed, then you most likely missed an honor mission.
This Reddit post is spoiler-free besides mission names. I'm just scrolling though very quickly to find the missions in bold.
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadred.../spolierfree_mission_list_including_missable/

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Was heading to Strawberry and had one of those random white dots appear, went to see what it was an accidently pressed R2 rather than R1 to stop my horse. There were 2 KKK members erecting a cross and a 3rd directing them. My gunshot startled them and the cross crushed the two guys to death while the 3rd ran away. Fuck I laughed.

Oct 27, 2017
The patch has a few issues I've noticed. First person movement randomly breaks (won't move at a jog), and I need to save and reload to get it to work. On the visual side of things, the lighting is doing strange things to hair, sometimes making it a bright white, while characters skin sometimes look like they are coated in crude oil. Never noticed any of that previously.