• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm loving the story even more on my 2nd run. Also, it's ridiculous how many camp events and interactions there are. I've seen quite a few that I never saw on my first play through.

I just got to the Beau Gray missions. Really like his voice actor and he has one of the weirdest / best lines in the whole game:

"She's amazing. She's like a woman from the future. She's like...tomorrow, if tomorrow turns out fine."

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Just got off the island. I was expecting to be there somewhat longer. I'll do the remaining missions for the chapter tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
On to chapter 5.....despite getting stuck between a tree and a boat and having to restart a mission, chapter 4 was way more interesting than chapter 1-3

In case it happens again, is there a way to unstuck Arthur if he gets stuck in the environment?

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So I was playing through chapter 6 and I thought this game had like 8 or 9 chapters.

Imagine my surprise when I start getting close to the end of the chapter. It caught me by surprise.

I'm really looking forward to a second playthrough, but for now I'm doing the epilogue and putting it down for a while.

I can't believe they killed my horse :(. I caught it in the wild. Used it for like 90% of the game. It had this ugly black and white pattern and it looked like it was dirty all the time.

I feel empty and exhausted after the end of this game honestly. I hope the epilogue explains where the other members of the gang ended up.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
So I was playing through chapter 6 and I thought this game had like 8 or 9 chapters.

Imagine my surprise when I start getting close to the end of the chapter. It caught me by surprise.

I'm really looking forward to a second playthrough, but for now I'm doing the epilogue and putting it down for a while.

I can't believe they killed my horse :(. I caught it in the wild. Used it for like 90% of the game. It had this ugly black and white pattern and it looked like it was dirty all the time.

I feel empty and exhausted after the end of this game honestly. I hope the epilogue explains where the other members of the gang ended up.
The game doesn't give an explicit ending for every gang member, but you can see what happened with some of them over the end credits and you can find them in the world to get some resolution.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The collectibles in this game are kind of ridiculous. I keep getting these options to find stuff, and it seems impossible to track any of it down

I mentioned this in another thread and some guy told me it wasn't bad if you just use detective mode 24/7. They then finished off by asking me when I started gaming.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
It's some of the most excessive collectible shit I've seen in the game.

The exotic collecting questline is a nightmare. I thought I was about to go mad with how much it kept going on.
I wouldn't mind if they'd give maybe an indicated area to search in. The world is so massive and detailed that spotting some of this stuff isn't practical.
I mentioned this in another thread and some guy told me it wasn't bad if you just use detective mode 24/7. They then finished off by asking me when I started gaming.
Lol...fuck that. I'll just use a guide if that's what's required. I've been playing for a good 30 hours and never once saw anything like a rock carving or dinosaur bones. It's so slow to move around and your character is so clumsy that doing that would take an eternity

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I happily play every new Rockstar game to exhaustion, but collectibles are the one thing I can't bring myself to care about. They go too hardcore for me. And as previously mentioned, with the added size and detail compared to past open-world games, it just seems a bit much.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
nvm, I'll just keep playing.

I hate when my family wants to know things about a movie that will be told to them later and here I am doing the same thin.

Last edited:

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question

I just captured the Mexican gang leader. Am I close to finish ? Also, I can't find a place to shave in my newly built house

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Quick question

I just captured the Mexican gang leader. Am I close to finish ? Also, I can't find a place to shave in my newly built house

Shave: When enter through the front door. First door on the left, and it's in the corner past the tub.

Mexican gang leader: Was that the mission with Sadie? If so, your like half way thought Epilogue 2

Usul

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dune
So is the online actually good? Stopped playing before it came out. Contemplating whether I should 100% this game or not, don't want to play the online if it's garbage.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
How the hell are you supposed to get maximum honor? It takes forever to build up and drops an entire level if you accidentally do one dishonorable thing.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Sorry for the double post

I just did a mission at the end of chapter 5 and it's showing up as chapter 6 on social club and the progress menu.

It's the
Sadie hot air balloon
one.

And it says I still have 2 missions left in chapter 5. Is the
Dutch
one the last one?

Edit: For some reason
"Fleeting Joy"
isn't showing up as completed on social club, even though it is in the game.

Last edited:

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Completed this a few minutes ago. Fantastic game and it does what all good prequels/sequels should do: make the original stories even better. What an utter tragedy Rockstar has had us play through.

I've been playing it exclusively since it dropped. Xbox app says I put in 196 hours and I'm already thinking of starting a new game (if only because my inventory got fucked up and I lost a Legendary Bison horn and the Poisonous Trail Map, so no 100% for me. Pretty livid about that but I guess it's as good an excuse as any.)

And here I am totally burned out after 80 hours (not sure if correct , played it on PS4, felt like 500 hours), immediately deleting and selling the game. Can't imagine going through this a second time. I've got so much more games to play in my backlog and gameplay wise the game is not inviting at all.

Respect for the warriors doing multiple playthroughs.

ctfg23 You know you can edit your last post, right?

Anyway: why would you want to know all that? Just play the game and go with the flow. And sure don't worry about social club and stats on there. It's a game, not work. Just enjoy it.

Last edited:

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Ok social club is saying I didn't do a mission in chapter 5 even though I 100% did. It even said I did that mission after the last time I played, but one of this missions I did a just now made it disappear or something.

@ctfg23 You know you can edit your last post, right?

Anyway: why would you want to know all that? Just play the game and go with the flow. And sure don't worry about social club and stats on there. It's a game, not work. Just enjoy it.
Yeah I should have edited my last post. I just want to be totally sure I don't end up missing something and not being able to get 100% I'm admittedly being a little too obsessive about it though.

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Ok social club is saying I didn't do a mission in chapter 5 even though I 100% did. It even said I did that mission after the last time I played, but one of this missions I did a just now made it disappear or something.

Yeah I should have edited my last post. I just want to be totally sure I don't end up missing something and not being able to get 100% I'm admittedly being a little too obsessive about it though.

You're in Chapter 6 now, right?
The transition with that chapter is weird, as to can start chapter 6 missions before you hit the chapter 6 title card.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
The two parts of
Do Not Seek Absolution
bumped my honor up an entire level each and now I have the max already.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Question about a mission from Chapter 6 that I just completed.... pretty heavy spoilers within....

I just did my first Rains Fall mission, we were riding on horseback and stopped a few times to pick up herbs to help Arthur with his tuberculosis. if I remember correctly we picked up an herb called Mace and also some Gensing. Rains Fall later mentions I should take them for strenght... but I'm not sure how to combine them together. I tried setting up camp and opened the crafting menu to combine both Mace & Ginseng and there is no option... am I missing something or is this just not possible?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Question about a mission from Chapter 6 that I just completed.... pretty heavy spoilers within....

I just did my first Rains Fall mission, we were riding on horseback and stopped a few times to pick up herbs to help Arthur with his tuberculosis. if I remember correctly we picked up an herb called Mace and also some Gensing. Rains Fall later mentions I should take them for strenght... but I'm not sure how to combine them together. I tried setting up camp and opened the crafting menu to combine both Mace & Ginseng and there is no option... am I missing something or is this just not possible?

I think it's implied that you take it during the mission.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Epilogue II last night. What a ride. I have some side quests to finish up but I may take a break and focus on another game for a while.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Possibly spoilers

I didnt think I would want to continue to play the game after Arthur's death, that sh*t hit me hard, but boy am I enjoying the epilogue. Not only is it impressive they practically gave us another 6 hour game at the end of the grand adventure, it's as well acted and brought to life as the main game.

Seeing John go through these epilogues makes me happy. Its like hes the one that got out and was able to accomplish Arthur's will for him. Its finally seeing green pastures after so much death. Its even more striking of a story when we know John's future. It allows us to enjoy his happiness for a while before we know the journey he has to go on.

This game keeps on giving!

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the satchel.

Hunting for badgers was the worst. Took AGES to get one. Panther was fine. Only got killed once.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Looks like they didn't even fix the disappearing Varmint ammo bug in the patch, I'm getting it again in my second run.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Ok so I finished this, and couldn't wait to. It was a competent game at best and something I'll never play again. Production values were great and story was ok, gameplay was average imo, I just found a lot of things a chore as opposed to fun. A solid 8 maybe. Now to start Spiderman and try and finish that before RE2

Oct 27, 2017
MAY I STAND UNSHAKEN
AMID, MYSTIC CRASH OF WORLD
tenor.gif

Fuckin' A, I need this song on Spotify.

Dunno if this has been posted or not. Just saw it on Spotify today.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
I think im replaying rdr 2, which satchel is the most important?
The initial satchels don't really expand your storage by a very significant amount. It's best to get all of them so you can get the Legend of the East satchel, which greatly expands storage for all items.

Speaking of which, can anyone answer if the satchel upgrades still be obtained after the end of Chapter 6?

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
The initial satchels don't really expand your storage by a very significant amount. It's best to get all of them so you can get the Legend of the East satchel, which greatly expands storage for all items.

Speaking of which, can anyone answer if the satchel upgrades still be obtained after the end of Chapter 6?

After Chapter 6 you can purchase the satchels from a fence instead of crafting them but I believe you still have to purchase all the other satchels before you can buy the LotE satchel.

Oct 27, 2017
You're probably all playing online or reminiscing about completing single player but I found a burnt house with a basement containing a few canned vegetables near a stable yesterday and I feel giddy. Exploring is the best thing about this game but it's also why I'm still on Chapter 3.