• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Red Dead Redemption 2 |OT2| For A Few Hours More

Wait, the song? I don’t think it triggered for me. It’s funny because I never heard Far Away in RDR1 either
I don't know the actual title of the song, but it played "I Stand Unshaken" for most of the ride back to Shady Belle once I stole a horse. It only started to fade out when I was about half a mile away.
Y'all shoulda stolen that horse. I was a complete whitehat when I played through and I still was like, fuck it, the game clearly stuck this horse here for me to take. And then you get the song over the long cinematic ride back to what remains of your camp.
Probably my favorite scene in the entire game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all shoulda stolen that horse. I was a complete whitehat when I played through and I still was like, fuck it, the game clearly stuck this horse here for me to take. And then you get the song over the long cinematic ride back to what remains of your camp.
Oh, I did. I just resisted it for half a damn hour because I'm stubborn and didn't realize the game refused to let time pass until I actually got on the damn horse.

I'm just glad I didn't actually walk the whole way. I made it like halfway from Van Horn to Emerald Ridge before I got bored and loaded my save and went to the stable.

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, that was an amazing segment.

I was so exhausted by what had just taken place, I hopped right onto the first horse I saw, desperate to see some of the other gang members again.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I missed:

Is Charles still alive? The icon for the mission on the Social Club shows him and Arthur hugging but I don’t remember seeing him in the shanty town before everything went to hell.

Oct 26, 2017
Finally getting around to working on finishing the epilogue..

Just built the house, that was a great cutscene/thing with the music and everything.. fucking Uncle lol.

Can't wait to see how everything related in RDR1 since I haven't played it, and will be starting it once I finish this up.
Oh, playing this before the original seems like it'd be interesting. There are a load of callbacks and references to the original game throughout the story of this, so you'll be getting a lot of "ah! that's what that meant!" moments.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the epilogue last night with the credits rolling. I actually thought I had a ways to go judging by my map.

I still have everything south and west of John's house uncovered. Were there missions I missed? Like I never went to Armadillo until now.

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the epilogue last night with the credits rolling. I actually thought I had a ways to go judging by my map.

I still have everything south and west of John's house uncovered. Were there missions I missed? Like I never went to Armadillo until now.
The rest of the Red Dead 1 America map is purely there for fanservice. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I'm sure it's stated in the original that John never really goes much further West than Beecher's Hope.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So...

I think I'm getting up on the end of the game. I rescued John, the entire east side of the map has me wanted dead or alive and I think I've chewed up every sidequest I can find except for the final debtor for Strauss.

Anything hidden or hard to find I should go seek out and do or experience before I approach the endgame? Easter eggs, etc? I still need to finish that serial killer side arc, probably...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Strauss are you
Collecting the debts or pardoning them?
I absolved the first one. Will probably do the same for the last one. I'm playing Arthur as white-hat as I possibly can - I have over $10,000 saved up so it's not like I need the money.

I absolved the first one. Will probably do the same for the last one. I'm playing Arthur as white-hat as I possibly can - I have over $10,000 saved up so it's not like I need the money.
That’s the situation I was in. I highly recommend you see that quest line through to the end and absolve the debts since you’re playing good Arthur. Make sure you speak with Strauss after you complete them all too. Curious to see if you think the outcome is justified. I was personally a little shocked.

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Finally finished chapter 6 and called it quits. As much as I loved the game I didn't have it in me to continue any more after nearly 3 months of playing. Watched a short version of the epilogue on youtube.

Monster. Your horse deserves apples and carrots and sugar cubes too.

To be fair, I customized half a dozen guns, went on a shopping spree in Ste. Denis and never did a single treasure hunt on my first playthrough and still finished the game with about six grand.

Oct 25, 2017
IGN is a little iffy with their tips since most of them are reader-run like a wiki. They may be right but I got a three star kill in the little mini bayou near the Gray’s plantation.
Yea I think that's about where I am. Near the coast. It was my first time over there so I'm a little off on geography still. I'll try again tonight.

Also, spent like 45 minutes trying for a 3 star panther mast night. Are these just really rare?
I got incredibly lucky with that one; the first panther I saw was a 3-star. I was basically right between Catfish Jackson's and the Old Harry Fen Shack directly South of Rhodes. If they aren't spawning, make a camp, save your game, and reload that save. It resets the animal spawning.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure who I hate more right now: Micah or Dutch. Fucking hell, Dutch is an idiot. I legitimately don't understand how more of the crew hasn't bailed on him yet. Trelawney had the right idea.

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit this panther. Come on. Always poor when I find one and it's frustrating because it takes like 40 minutes to find one and I only have so much time with work being insane. Ugh.

Nov 2, 2017
They probably should have made animals like cougars, panthers and bears all 3 star quality. It's extremely annoying when you wait for ages and finally see one only for it to be 1 or 2 star pelts which are pretty much useless.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
God DAMN IT.

All my money is gone. All $10,694 of it. Fuck. I was gonna say "I guess you can't take it with you", but Arthur literally gave his bag to John.

May 27, 2018
England
I have a question. I've just reached chapter 6 and I'm wondering if

There's anything I need to do before the end of the chapter that won't be available afterwards? Any missions or tasks that can only be done as Arthur?

Oct 26, 2017
I have a question. I've just reached chapter 6 and I'm wondering if

There's anything I need to do before the end of the chapter that won't be available afterwards? Any missions or tasks that can only be done as Arthur?
Off the top of my head,
There's a high honour exclusive mission found in Annesburg, with Edith Downes. I'd also do any camp member side missions, so Strauss's debt collection missions. Even if you're trying to go honourable, don't ignore these.

Oct 26, 2017
God DAMN IT.

All my money is gone. All $10,694 of it. Fuck. I was gonna say "I guess you can't take it with you", but Arthur literally gave his bag to John.
lol they took my 30k too! But money is too easy to make here so I didn't really care or else I wouldn't have had so much already.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if...

It's possible to finish the serial killer map sidequest in the Epilogue? I found two of the map pieces but never finished it.

Micah kick
God DAMN IT.

I felt the same way for about five minutes. Then I realized

Money is so easy to make in this game it wasn’t a big deal. I was more worried about all your custom weapons.

Strangely, once I had access to Arthur’s dual custom Schofields I couldn’t bring myself to use them as John. It felt wrong.
[\SPOILER]

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Micah kick

I felt the same way for about five minutes. Then I realized

Money is so easy to make in this game it wasn’t a big deal. I was more worried about all your custom weapons.

Strangely, once I had access to Arthur’s dual custom Schofields I couldn’t bring myself to use them as John. It felt wrong.
[\SPOILER]
My Arthur died with Calloway's revolver in his hand. I'm not sure if I'll give John his custom guns, but I'm definitely gonna need to replace his amazing maxed out Arabian. Rest in peace, Drampo II. You may have thrown me off your back in the middle of a wolf attack a few too many times, but you were still my traitor. Maybe I can go pick up Buell from a stable...

My Arthur died with Calloway's revolver in his hand. I'm not sure if I'll give John his custom guns, but I'm definitely gonna need to replace his amazing maxed out Arabian. Rest in peace, Drampo II. You may have thrown me off your back in the middle of a wolf attack a few too many times, but you were still my traitor. Maybe I can go pick up Buell from a stable...
Sadly stabled horses are all gone too. Epilogue is pretty much a fresh start. I was mostly okay with this because plot-wise, it wouldn’t make much sense to write John as basically destitute and then give him access to thousands of dollars in horses.

I recommend the gold Turkoman in the Ste-Denis stables.
[\SPOILER]

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly stabled horses are all gone too. Epilogue is pretty much a fresh start. I was mostly okay with this because plot-wise, it wouldn’t make much sense to write John as basically destitute and then give him access to thousands of dollars in horses.

I recommend the gold Turkoman in the Ste-Denis stables.
[\SPOILER]
Damn it. I hope Buell's okay. That poor guy's been through a lot and I only rode him once. :(

He’s the one you get from Hamish, right? I never got him because

I accidentally hit the point of no return and it felt silly to continue that quest line as John. Now that I read that if you do, John and Hamish reminisce about what a good guy Arthur was which sounds really cool and I kind of regret not going back.

In my next play through I’m going to spend a ton of time just doing side stuff in chapter three and four.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He’s the one you get from Hamish, right? I never got him because

I accidentally hit the point of no return and it felt silly to continue that quest line as John. Now that I read that if you do, John and Hamish reminisce about what a good guy Arthur was which sounds really cool and I kind of regret not going back.

In my next play through I’m going to spend a ton of time just doing side stuff in chapter three and four.
He is the one you get from Hamish, yeah. He's weaker than the Arabian, but he's huge.

My biggest regret, actually, is not sleeping again after the bridge explosion mission. I never got the journal entries leading up to the final mission, so Arthur's journal literally ends with a sketch of an exploding bridge. Which is...kind of fitting somehow.