Red Dead Redemption 2 |OT2| For A Few Hours More

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Yeah I've only just started chapter 4 and visited Saint Denis for the first time properly, and this is the first time in the overarching narrative that there's a sense of urgency, but it's also offering stranger missions and such.

btw, me after spending 10 minutes in this city:

Sorry for the spoilers then, I thought you had already beaten the game. The pace of the game definitely starts escalating as you get further into the story, but a lot of stranger missions will remain available even when it starts to become completely at odds with where the narrative is going. It's one thing to help out some circus performers when you're thrown into this wide open world and invited to explore at your leisure, but the idea that Arthur is going to go chasing a little pyromaniac around the woods while everything around him is falling to pieces just makes absolutely no sense. If you do optional side content immediately as it becomes available it works a lot better than trying to wrap up all the loose ends near the end of the main story.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what sort of game you tend to enjoy. It's a very long singleplayer experience that tends to favor a slow pace with a strong focus on exploring a very richly detailed world that punishes you for treating it like other sandbox games (GTA V with horses this is not). The story is excellent provided you like Westerns, the characters are excellent, the graphics and world are jaw-dropping, the gameplay is passable though not revelatory in any way, the side content can be hit or miss, but what the game does well, it does as well or better than any game ever. It's a sensational singleplayer experience if the setting and format appeal to you.

I can't speak to the online component as I haven't tried it. I hated GTAO and it permanently turned me off multiplayer in any Rockstar open world title.
This genuinely got me to rebuy the game. Now with 26 hours played into my first go around.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I finally finished this game last night. I absolutely adored it. Everything from the story to the exploration is so wonderfully crafted with an excellent attention to detail.

Well, let me have a ruler and a saw and a board
And I'll cut it