• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I'm in chapter 4 now, and since early chapter 3, Molly O'Shae has been basically absent from camp. She's only showed up when she has a scripted story thing to do. At first I thought it'd been because she'd left us, but now I think she's just bugged out somehow, like people were saying the Marston family did in chapter 2. Has this been the case for anyone else?

There's a story reason for this.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aww fuck I've got the disappearing characters bug. Now I don't want to play.
Who vanished on you? Marstons? O'shae?

Yeah, Molly has been completely missing in my primary playthrough.

yeah happened to me as well

Same here. Wondering as well.

Glad to know I'm not alone, though now I feel bummed having potentially missed some interactions with her, and knowing I'll likely miss even more.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Chapter 3 plot question, think I missed something.

How did Dutch and Micah just get away when Arthur got captured?
So I just finished this and
If you talk to Micah randomly after the mission is over, he tells you that they just had a conversation and Colm left. They didn't know anything was wrong until Arthur didn't make the meet up.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just had my drunken evening with Lenny.

tenor.gif

Haha, yeah my favourite bit so far.

MajorTom

Nov 5, 2017
England
Anyone else having issues with weapons disappearing from your inventory?
Had both my rifles disappear and now my pump action shotgun.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think I am gonna start avoiding this thread if I keep seeing reactionary posts to the story with chapter specifics.
The game should have ended at the end of chapter 6.
Nah, I like the epilogue stuff.

Sadie the GOAT
This stuff is just too on the nose for me.
It bothers me to know that I'm expecting an end of sorts at chapter 6 and the epilogue is after that. Maybe I am just being fussy but its this sort of stuff that adds up over time and dampens the experience.

Last edited:

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Think I am gonna start avoiding this thread if I keep seeing reactionary posts to the story with chapter specifics.

This stuff is just too on the nose for me.
It bothers me to know that I'm expecting an end of sorts at chapter 6 and the epilogue is after that. Maybe I am just being fussy but its this sort of stuff that adds up over time and dampens the experience.
Yep, people should be more considerate. It's why I almost always completely avoid these threads until I'm done with the game.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
What's up with untagged spoiler talk?

Edit: Pretty sure one of you just spoiled the epilogue before your edit. Thanks.

Last edited:

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Some of the design choices around the controls honestly BAFFLE me...

Press X to run....

Either walk like a snail or run like Usain Bolt.

Aim your weapon? Press X again so that you may move in a decent pace while aiming...

Want to loot a cabin that has a lot of items close to each other? Keep doing 360 turns for a few secs like an idiot trying to place the character in the right spot.

I dont get it.

This is not realistic. This is plain stupid and annoying.

I dont want Arthur to be a ninja. I dont want him to react like Bayonetta. I just want him to control in a decent, functional way without being such a damn hassle of pressing buttons constantly.

The fact that almost no reviewer even mentioned this is unbelievable. Game lacks a lot in that department. And to think that just 2-3 minor adjustments could make this play soooooo much better...
Change the controls to standard FPS - this makes X duck and R3 Run, then click again for sprint.

Looting things is very simple, just hold the button down rather than pressing it

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Alright, was playing Dominoes Draw at Emerald Ranch. And get my ass handed to me.

Anyone know where the location of Dominoes Block is?

Also, for good measure; fuck Gambling Challenge 9.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, was playing Dominoes Draw at Emerald Ranch. And get my ass handed to me.

Anyone know where the location of Dominoes Block is?

Also, for good measure; fuck Gambling Challenge 9.
I found the Gambling Challenge 8 worst since it could take a really long time to have fitting cards for requesting three hits. But yeah having to win three games in a row is tedious.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I hope rockstar patches it and makes the legendary animals respawn. Missing skinning my legendary bison because it sunk to the bottom of the lake effing sucks!

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
How do you request rides in this game? At one point in the beginning of the game my horse died and i was carrying my pristine deer on my back and a coach passed by and there was an option to request a ride. The guy refused and I thought it was because my honor was neutral.

Nevertheless I tried the same yesterday, this time with full honor but no deer on my back and there was never an option to request a ride.

I was super impressed the first time I saw it but I cant replicate it anymore. Do you really have to carry an animal or a pelt for the option to appear?

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday i found a dead guy near a shore with a letter for
Bonnie Macfarlane!, i wonder if she's in the game...

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
so does the sasquatch make an appearance in this game?

Deleted member 2595

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 3 plot question, think I missed something.

How did Dutch and Micah just get away when Arthur got captured?
There was no shoot-out or anything.

They simply parlayed with Dutch and Micah and left, while Arthur got smacked and carried away. Micah says they didn't realise anything was wrong until Arthur didn't show up at the fork in the road afterwards.

Colm explains while we're being carried that he wanted to disrupt Dutch's mind and plans by disappearing his best man, or something to that effect. Make Dutch desperate.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Question for end game and epilogue

So I just started the epilogue, and I'm playing as John

My question is - once I'm done with the epilogue - do I have access to the entire map and activities kind of like I would have sometime during chapter 2 for example?

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question for end game and epilogue

So I just started the epilogue, and I'm playing as John

My question is - once I'm done with the epilogue - do I have access to the entire map and activities kind of like I would have sometime during chapter 2 for example?
Yup, you get to play as farmer John in an open map after the credits. Pay attention to the credits by the way, don't spend your time in the toilets or kitchen until the secondary staff "rolls", it's interwoven with important story scenes :)

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about online much and I wouldn't need story DLC, which I know we aren't getting. I'd much rather have them periodically pepper the world with new stranger missions and random events. Like, keep making those for a year and gimmmmeeeeeeee.

Netting them zero dollars.

Noob Pilot

Jun 10, 2018
So I need to aim as well?
Partial tap and hold R2 to start the charge (see bottom right for the meter) if you press further, but not fully, it charges faster. When you fully press R2, you go into deadeye and this is when you can start to aim (you can safely let go of R2) and at this point, to fire you have to press R2 fully AGAIN.

You can at anytime during charging to activate deadeye, but if you do your reticule will be from the bottom and you have to manually aim.

If you charged your meter FULL and then activate deadeye, your reticule automatically aims to the weak point ie the head of a human and you can quickly tap R2 again for a guaranteed win.

Deleted member 2595

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we put anything regarding Chapter 5 onwards in the Spoiler Thread, please?

Like Rixan pretty much just said how many chapters there are in the game. As far as I knew I was ready for chapter 7, 8, 9, etc...