• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Damn I'm already imagining the kind of monster PC's needed to be able to run RDR2 with ultra settings. This game is the most beautiful looking I've seen this generation. Nothing comes close IMO.

Depends mostly on what PC specific improvements they have. If raytracing, then we might be waiting for next gen cards. If no raytracing a 2080 Ti will most likely handle it just fine if a Xbox One X can do 4K 30 fps.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully a 970 can pull 1440p off with some VRAM saving settings changes.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I kind of lost interest in the game, even though I love RDR1. No idea why.
I lost interest in RDR1 almost halfway through, and before that I was all into it. It just felt like I was dragging my feet hoping it was nearly over after a certain point. I didn't even look back after I beat it, I wasn't even interested in the zombie thing they put out, which was apparently good. I traded it online with no regrets.

Oct 25, 2017
I lost interest in RDR1 almost halfway through, and before that I was all into it. It just felt like I was dragging my feet hoping it was nearly over after a certain point. I didn't even look back after I beat it, I wasn't even interested in the zombie thing they put out, which was apparently good. I traded it online with no regrets.
Yeah, I actually didn't care to play Undead Nightmare either.

I have fantastic memories of the first game, and what I've seen of 2 was pretty positive, but I just don't get excited at this announcement. Maybe for a low enough price on Steam in a couple of years...

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I'm ready! I've been good and kept away from RDR2 discussions, going in pretty much fresh.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
On the mod front I'd expect things to go similarly to GTA V. Rockstar locks the files down as best they can, modders eventually find a way in.
I forget how long it took for GTA V mods to start appearing. Some number of months?

RDR2 is a less interesting game for mods though, just inherently less stuff in it. It's compelling more because of its atmosphere and narrative than because of its sandbox elements. I'm sure there's some fun stuff mods will eventually allow you to do, but I'm not immediately compelled by the idea of buying this version for that reason, unlike GTA V. Wait and see on that.

My 970 may or may not be able to outperform my PS4 Pro with this game, but regardless I don't really find prettier graphics to be much of a reason to buy and play a game a second time. After 30 minutes you'll have gotten used to the prettiness and are just playing that same old game again. And I'm not particularly interested in doing that after having spent like 150 hours on it. I rode until I couldn't no more.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This will be a far better experience with a mouse and keyboard for shooting. I can't wait for this. Despite really liking the game I stopped playing because of the blur on my pro and the shooting on controller. I knew it was coming to pc so I figured I'd just shelve it and wait.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
People shouldn't have any performance expectation when it comes to "Ultra settings".

Yup.
What 'optimization' really means in games (PC Gamer article by Durante)

OT Title suggestions... I can't stop...

vestan

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - The Evil That Men Do
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - The Score

Nice. Is this likely to be locked at 60 fps? I have a 144 Hz monitor. ~_~

I would say that's unlikely. To my knowledge all the PC RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine) games have uncapped frame rates.
That's GTA IV, GTA IV: EFLC, Max Payne 3 and GTA V.

Last edited:

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I loved rdr2 but I just don't know if I'm going to want to play through it again. Between MW, death stranding, fallen order, and Pokémon this winter I don't think I'm going to have the time.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
On the mod front I'd expect things to go similarly to GTA V. Rockstar locks the files down as best they can, modders eventually find a way in.
I forget how long it took for GTA V mods to start appearing. Some number of months?

RDR2 is a less interesting game for mods though, just inherently less stuff in it. It's compelling more because of its atmosphere and narrative than because of its sandbox elements. I'm sure there's some fun stuff mods will eventually allow you to do, but I'm not immediately compelled by the idea of buying this version for that reason, unlike GTA V. Wait and see on that.

My 970 may or may not be able to outperform my PS4 Pro with this game, but regardless I don't really find prettier graphics to be much of a reason to buy and play a game a second time. After 30 minutes you'll have gotten used to the prettiness and are just playing that same old game again. And I'm not particularly interested in doing that after having spent like 150 hours on it. I rode until I couldn't no more.
I have a good idea for a more interesting mod scene for RDR. Make it West World. Mod in a train and modern arrival area. RP's get to act as the park overseers while NPC's are actual hosts save for a few that want to RP as hosts that realize something is going on, then you have the newcomer RPers that are having fun in the park. This way you can introduce fancy ATVs and stuff to police the park when things get out of hand.

KJISiLX.png

Edit: Just please don't call it Westworld. Maybe something like Redemption Range, ЯR.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
As much as I love this game. I do not want to play it again. Especially how linear some of the main missions were. Can't wait to see what this looks lile though on pc.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I have a good idea for a more interesting mod scene for RDR. Make it West World. Mod in a train and modern arrival area. RP's get to act as the park overseers while NPC's are actual hosts save for a few that want to RP as hosts that realize something is going on, then you have the newcomer RPers that are having fun in the park. This way you can introduce fancy ATVs and stuff to police the park when things get out of hand.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - Welcome to Westworld

A mod like this would be amazing!

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Also suggestions for the OT:

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - A Fistful of Launchers
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - My Name Is Mouse Aim
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC |OT| - The Good, The Bad and the Microtransactions

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida

You could get easily creative with it.

Give us a "More Zombies" mod at night.

"Friend Animals" mod to have your own Lion or Legendary Croc to fuck around with.

More Cars, Real Max Payne shooting mod (lol), etc.

There's tons of possibilities, my boyo. You just gotta know how to "accessorize" a Western setting.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Not double dipping, I liked the game alot but after awhile it felt like a slog.... I'm sure it's gonna be gorgeous on PC.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to see what kinda of graphical improvements they've added. I'm not expecting GTAV levels this time, just higher quality across the board.

Oct 31, 2017
I pretty much had my mind set for months on the idea of this being a Rockstar Launcher exclusive and while not a fan I didn't have much to complain about it (it's their first party title at least).
But this schedule for delayed releases? This is some transparent bullshit, they couldn't make their agenda of deliberately wanting to undermine Steam's leadership more clear.

I waited one year despise having a PS4 Pro at the time, I think I will manage to wait one extra month, just in spite of what they are doing here.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
I really didn't need some console fanboy on Twitter to spoil the ending... fuck. Should've seen it coming.

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017

Don't worry about locked files. Expect basic mods(.meta/.xml) right after launch. Expect something entirely different a little later.

It's time to ride again.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
If it has a modern i7 and a 1060 or better it will probably be better than PS4

970m unfortunately lol with an i5 I believe. but I don't think I could make it through the game again anyway, one playthough and done seems good enough.

def keeping an eye out for mods though, great game-changing mods could convince me for sure and I plan on getting a pc for cyberpunk as well.

Aug 19, 2019
London
Someone that played the PC version... Get em'!!!
Obviously it's based on the PC version, but it doesn't feel like a PC version. It feels like a console game. All the Stadia games I've seen have console menu options. I believe Google Stadia itself adjusts the options based on your connection, and doesn't let you decide anything beyond possibly choosing 1080p resolution instead of 4K if you have the speed to do both but want to limit bandwidth or something.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Obviously it's based on the PC version, but it doesn't feel like a PC version. It feels like a console game. All the Stadia games I've seen have console menu options. I believe Google Stadia itself adjusts the options based on your connection, and doesn't let you decide anything beyond possibly choosing 1080p resolution instead of 4K if you have the speed to do both but want to limit bandwidth or something.

4K but wasn't 60fps.

Interesting, thanks!

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Exactly as you expect. Xbox One X version but no load times and more detail on screen. Lighting is better, it looks bleaker in the campsite but lusher in the fields. Still controls like garbage.
On mouse+kb???
And how plays like a dream and controls like garbage at same time and not 60+fps??? Do you mean a bad dream?