Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Now Available to Pre-Purchase Via RGL

icecold1983

Nov 3, 2017
Totally serious question, is this gonna be a noticable difference compared to the One X version graphically? Trying to hold off but damn if it looks better than the one x version holy moly!
i doubt it will be a large visible improvement but im sure there will be some settings that demolish framerate for very little perceived gain. Volumetric quality probably being the most likely.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
i doubt it will be a large visible improvement but im sure there will be some settings that demolish framerate for very little perceived gain. Volumetric quality probably being the most likely.
The two biggest things would probably be improved SSR in the water and much higher resolution volumetric lighting. Other than that everything else looked ridiculously good on the X anyway.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
The two biggest things would probably be improved SSR in the water and much higher resolution volumetric lighting. Other than that everything else looked ridiculously good on the X anyway.
i'd be surprised if textures (especially environment textures) didn't get a bump as well

the one obvious weakness the game has visually

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
i'd be surprised if textures (especially environment textures) didn't get a bump as well

the one obvious weakness the game has visually
Yeah that too though the game is so big there's bound to still be a few crap ones. Textures are usually much more important on PC too because most people are sitting right up close to their screen compared to from a couch on their console.

icecold1983

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah that too though the game is so big there's bound to still be a few crap ones. Textures are usually much more important on PC too because most people are sitting right up close to their screen compared to from a couch on their console.
Probably. But i expect significant improvements only on less noticeable, smaller textures. This has historically always been the case. Im not sure why but i would guess improving the larger textures has disproportionately larger vram penalties and maybe requires too much changes to streaming tech?