• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
dbc6a0ec921bbfd1e780d963d3fa2dc16ceaa341.jpg

looks so good
That image quality. Because of that alone I will replay it again. PS4 Pro image didn't look too good.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
So, people who got the ultimate edition on consoles, was it worth it the extra money over the special? I figure if I buy it I might as well get it from Rockstar and the special edition is default anyway.

No ray-tracing it seems :(
They weren't going to put resources into implementing ray tracing for a potentially small percentage of people who'll be able to take advantage of it.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
So, people who got the ultimate edition on consoles, was it worth it the extra money over the special? I figure if I buy it I might as well get it from Rockstar and the special edition is default anyway.

They weren't going to put resources into implementing ray tracing for a potentially small percentage of people who'll be able to take advantage of it.
You can say that for every game. The reason to work with ray tracing now is because every game will be ray traced in the near future. Developers who have already used this tech will be at a skillset advantage compared to developers who don't. That said, yes there's also a bunch of reasons why they didn't, but there's also plenty of financial related reasons why they should.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
I guess I'm double dipping since online is great now. Mouse controls might make the singleplayer bearable too.

I already bought the Ultimate Edition on console but all the bonuses it gives are just online boosts I've already used or online unlocks which I would (presumably) have access to already if you can transfer characters from console so I don't really see a point in paying for it again? Even if transfers aren't a thing I'm not sure anything in it was really worthwhile, especially with how easy it is to get XP after the latest update

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Got up to about midway through chapter 4 before life took over and ended up selling PS4.

Cannot wait to be able to play through and finish it on PC!

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone in the media ask Rockstar if their launcher supports preloading?

This is incredibly short-sighted. If GTAV is any indication, the game is going to be around for a long, long time.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
No regional pricing? Fuck off Rockstar with your shitty launcher. I'd rather have it on Steam anyways.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Can someone post screenshots from Pro or One X versions closest to the new PC screenshots?

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
For anybody who was worried (like myself), R* Launcher downloads launch just fine in BPM on Steam and work fine with remote play.

I'm gonna get RDR2 at Rockstar, as I already own GTAV on it.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Got up to about midway through chapter 4 before life took over and ended up selling PS4.

Cannot wait to be able to play through and finish it on PC!
That's just about where I was when whatever happened that pulled me away. I'll prob just hold off and play on PC now since I really didn't care for the controls.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
What's the price for Australia? I'm scared to look.

$90 for the Special Edition which has a few extra missions and cosmetics. It's not cheap at all (I paid $69 for the Xbox version day one physical) but to be honest I was expecting $100 for the standard edition (which doesn't seem to exist on PC). Also getting 2 games for free softens it a little.

Is LA Noire the remastered edition?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Wish they had an option to only install the single player and save some disk space. I keep having to move all my games to my mechanical hard drive to get more space on my 1 Tb SSD.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Wish they had an option to only install the single player and save some disk space. I keep having to move all my games to my mechanical hard drive to get more space on my 1 Tb SSD.
I feel the opposite. I've finished the main campaign, and online is the main reason why I'm interested in playing this on PC. However, I don't really think they can separate them, as both modes are set on the same map.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For those who've installed the launcher, how's the friends list work? Importing or anything from your Steam friends list?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Anyone have an idea if you can refuse preorder bonuses for the Campaign/Story mode if you preorder on the Rockstar Launcher? While playing the story I don't want extra money or free weapons or any help like that .

eathataco

Jul 17, 2018
Japanese regional pricing is ridiulous. ÂĄ 8,618 for the cheapest version. That's about $US80, $AUD120, or ÂŁ 65.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if my 1070 will survive at 1440p

if I could squeeze out 60 FPS, I'll double dip. If not I'll stick with XboneX

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm contemplating getting an RTX card to make sure I get the best experience with this and Cyberpunk. But I know something new is right around the corner.
Don't make that mistake. Current RTX was way too premature and won't be able to hold up in future games without relying on the poor IQ you get from DLSS. New Nvidia cards in 2020 are a given.. I'm waiting until Nvidia or AMD releases cards that can handle ray tracing at 1440p 144 Hz, I just hope it isn't too long lol.

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone actually able to purchase this yet? I get an error message every time.

Let me give you my money, Rockstar!

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone I've asked on some of the Discords I hang out on say they'll probably wait for STEAM release.

Not sure if all of them really will but we'll see.

The only good reason to wait for Steam is regional pricing, if applicable. The Steam version will force the use of the Rockstar launcher anyway, so... Hard to argue with the better version offer and pre-order benefits.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the copy of Max Payne 3 on the launcher actually fucking works, because it's sure as shit basically a brick when it comes to the Steam version.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Last night I spent hour and a half with R* support trying to make Store available in my country and nothing. I tried everything support told me to do and in the end only VPN worked. That means that either my IP was blocked (I doubt because I couldn't access Warehouse web page from 3 networks and 2 devices) or my country is simply blocked.

One way or another I can't even buy game from their own store XD But I guess that their team is now informed so maybe they will unblock my country soon XD

twdnewh

Oct 31, 2018
Sydney, Australia
$90 for the Special Edition which has a few extra missions and cosmetics. It's not cheap at all (I paid $69 for the Xbox version day one physical) but to be honest I was expecting $100 for the standard edition (which doesn't seem to exist on PC). Also getting 2 games for free softens it a little.

Not great but could be worse. I wonder if pricing on the other storefronts will be any different.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Got the R* launcher installed and am logged in, but the store doesn't seem to be up yet for me. Clicking on the pre-purchase link just goes to the R* loading logo and then I get a "Store is currently unavailable" error.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

that's actually not as bad as i thought it was going to be