• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Not sure what preorder games to get. Main one I don't have is LA Noire but apparently the PC port is crap. Could just get the two GTA games for the sake of it.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what preorder games to get. Main one I don't have is LA Noire but apparently the PC port is crap. Could just get the two GTA games for the sake of it.
Nah, the port is good, the only thing is that it's locked at 30fps, and unlocking it breaks the vehicles. If you don't mind that, it's the best version, along with the PS4/One versions.

Oct 26, 2017
Sigh. You're talking around me.

Here:

The following components are installed:
  • Rockstar Games Launcher
  • Rockstar Games Social Club Framework
  • Windows Universal CRT
  • Rockstar Games Authentication Software
  • Chromium Embedded Framework
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86/x64)
  • Steam Client API

I think they actually got it wrong, these two are not components that can be installed by themselves
  • Steam Client API
They surely are integrated as any other dll in whatever other software (in their launcher for the first one, and in the game for the second)

And any windows OS should be already this:
  • Windows Universal CRT

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I already own all of Rockstars older games so getting more copies for free means nothing to me. The extra bonuses are red dead online??? I won't ever play that. I can wait a month for the game to get patched up before playing it.

You will probably need the Rockstar launcher to play the game anyway which I'm expecting so no big deal. If it's great on day one with no issues I'll buy it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely waiting for Steam. Waited this long, an extra month is nothing.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
do I need to download the Rockstar launcher to pre-order?...do they have an online Storefront where I can see the various digital versions available and pricing?

wsbceo

alt account
Banned
Apr 29, 2019
Most of this will be stuff that you have installed already. Nothing to worry about.
I think they actually got it wrong, these two are not components that can be installed by themselves
  • Steam Client API
They surely are integrated as any other dll in whatever other software (in their launcher for the first one, and in the game for the second)

And any windows OS should be already this:
  • Windows Universal CRT
Thanks! This is helpful and a bit relieving, to be honest.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is the current hype thread no?

Booted up gta5 just to check out what Rockstar's recent m&kb controls are like and they're surprisingly great. The characters are still heavy but it's so much more tolerable when the game is not also fighting against you in the aiming/camera side of things. RDR2 is going to feel so much better on PC with high frames and kb&m. Can see some crazy talented modders taking things even further by making Arthur's movement feel a bit better too somehow. <3

I hope they make it an option to play online multiplayer where noone has autoaim on PC, or else that mode might as well not exist for me.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Any chance of cross-save with the console versions, via Social Club? Or is that not feasible?

I never finished the game on Xbox, but I have more than 100 hours of playtime on that platform, and did absolutely everything that I could up to Chapter 4. Would be great to sync with PC and be able to complete the campaign there.

Alternatively, would sharing save files be a possibility?

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, are people waiting for Steam? Conflicted.
Sure.

1) I have too many games to play at the moment so I am not in a rush (and I already finished RDR2 on Pro, want to forget as much of it as possible before replay)
2) I like having all steam featureset available for the game
3) I already own all the games that Rockstar offers and have no use for their preorder bullshit bonuses
4) I want my playtime to be tracked alongside these beauties

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm definitely waiting for Steam. Waited this long, an extra month is nothing.
Same, but only cuz Death Stranding comes out the same week and I want to get through that before I jump back to RDR2, this time with a serviceable frame rate and actual controls.

Saint Denis on base PS4 is fucking PAINFUL, consistent drops into the 20s eughhhhh

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am hoping to god that steam has regional pricing, its almost 100$ here, jesus.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Sure.

1) I have too many games to play at the moment so I am not in a rush (and I already finished RDR2 on Pro, want to forget as much of it as possible before replay)
2) I like having all steam featureset available for the game
3) I already own all the games that Rockstar offers and have no use for their preorder bullshit bonuses
4) I want my playtime to be tracked alongside these beauties
That witcher playtime. A man of culture.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah there is no Store button for me in the Launcher. They really did block my country XD Even though Warehouse works.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I think I have to get GTA3 and Bully as my freebies because I already own all the other options. I don't really intend to play either regardless. November can't arrive soon enough.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That witcher playtime. A man of culture.
Nothing less for best game of all time...only tied by Red Dead Redemption 2 and Kingdom Come. First playthrough took me 200 hours, second, with all DLCs, 280. And I still run it from time to time to walk around that world and enjoy the ambience.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah my country is not supported on Rockstar Launcher Store, after free San Andreas promo ended Store button just vanished. I can't even see RDR2 in library. Support is useless, yesterday i spent like hour and a half with them trying to solve that issue and nothing. Today they are sending me ToS to read and telling me how my Country or ISP are blocking their Store even though i actually can use Rockstar Warehouse store. As soon as i turn VPN on store shows up. So they are clearly blocking my country for some reason. That means that i can't use current upgrade to Premium version for the price of Standard one and other bonuses. Why the hell these companies even launch their Stores if they can't do them right? For the love of God even Origin and UPlay supported my country when launched, hell Ubisoft supported my country even when they used Digital River services. I guess that this is what you get when you live in market so small that companies don't even care if users will buy game XD

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my country is not supported on Rockstar Launcher Store, after free San Andreas promo ended Store button just vanished. I can't even see RDR2 in library. Support is useless, yesterday i spent like hour and a half with them trying to solve that issue and nothing. Today they are sending me ToS to read and telling me how my Country or ISP are blocking their Store even though i actually can use Rockstar Warehouse store. As soon as i turn VPN on store shows up. So they are clearly blocking my country for some reason. That means that i can't use current upgrade to Premium version for the price of Standard one and other bonuses. Why the hell these companies even launch their Stores if they can't do them right? For the love of God even Origin and UPlay supported my country when launched, hell Ubisoft supported my country even when they used Digital River services. I guess that this is what you get when you live in market so small that companies don't even care if users will buy game XD
just an extra click

/s

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Pre-ordered! Got MP3 Complete Edition because I never played it and (although it makes no sense I get it yet again) Vice City because it's Vice City.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I can't preorder for some reason. Whenever I get to what's supposed to be the checkout I'm instead met by a message reading "The store is currently unavailable. Please try again later."
Hope they fix this before release T_T

edit: logged out and back in and it's working now!

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Is there a point waiting for the Steam release? I figure Steam is just going to open the Rockstar launcher.
Just small personal preferences, like if you really need steam achievements or things like that. Otherwise not really since you will always need the Rockstar login anyways like you said. People can just add the rockstar store version to their steam library with a pretty custom cover and it'll work kinda the same.

On that note, the art from the PC announcement tweet makes a really sweet custom cover once you remove the date.

JzQq97f.jpg

Last edited:

Rex Griswold

Oct 29, 2017
Only one actually new weapon?

Where's my Luger? Lee-Speed? Long Lee? Mauser? Colt Lightning and Bisley?

More importantly, any mention of cross progression between platforms? MW gave me a taste and I gotta say, that's a bigger deal than I thought it would be.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
just an extra click

/s

I mean it's not even that. I have more issues with support not knowing why my country is blocked or that is even blocked. I had to explain them how Store shows up when I turn on VPN. Then they tell me that they don't encourage usage of VPN and then i ask them what should i do then when I can't even buy game directly from them and they just shrug their shoulders. Or they send me ToS and say that maybe Store is not up in my country because some part of the ToS, then I said them that 2 weeks from now I will be able to buy game from multiple stores and I ask them if that means that I am breaking their ToS and again they just shrug.

An I won't even mention how for some reason you can only buy game through client and not web store, and how for some reason every single of their games is available on Rockstar Warehouse (that I can use and buy things from btw) except RDR2.

I am really getting sick and tired of all of these half assed store/client launches.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Would've been nice if I'd gotten a reply on the actual question of my last post on whether the Ultimate edition was seen as worth it from those who bought the game on PS4/XBO, if I were put a good amount of time on the online side.

You can say that for every game. The reason to work with ray tracing now is because every game will be ray traced in the near future. Developers who have already used this tech will be at a skillset advantage compared to developers who don't. That said, yes there's also a bunch of reasons why they didn't, but there's also plenty of financial related reasons why they should.
No ray tracing is going to stop people from buying the game and it's not a big enough incentive for them to upgrade their engine to add it to a PC port of a current gen game. People bought GTA IV for years despite it running like absolute shit.
Did anyone in the media ask Rockstar if their launcher supports preloading?

This is incredibly short-sighted. If GTAV is any indication, the game is going to be around for a long, long time.
Again though, no one is going to not buy it because it doesn't have ray tracing. Besides that, there's probably nothing stopping them from adding it later if they choose to as an update for PC and next gen but they probably won't and would save it for their next actual gen games.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I guess I'm double dipping since online is great now. Mouse controls might make the singleplayer bearable too.

I already bought the Ultimate Edition on console but all the bonuses it gives are just online boosts I've already used or online unlocks which I would (presumably) have access to already if you can transfer characters from console so I don't really see a point in paying for it again? Even if transfers aren't a thing I'm not sure anything in it was really worthwhile, especially with how easy it is to get XP after the latest update
Since you're the only other one here to have mentioned it, did you find the Ultimate Edition worth it for the online stuff?

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting it on Steam just cause it lets me back up the game to an external device, which is a very nice alternative to having to download ~150 GB again.
RGL will search your drives for existing installs so you don't have to reinstall. I found that out when it found my GTA5 install after I formatted my PC and never bothered reinstalling it.