• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Totally serious question, is this gonna be a noticable difference compared to the One X version graphically? Trying to hold off but damn if it looks better than the one x version holy moly!

i doubt it will be a large visible improvement but im sure there will be some settings that demolish framerate for very little perceived gain. Volumetric quality probably being the most likely.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
They deleted the tweet

bADPkfQ.jpg
Wonder if Rockstar asked them to remove it, it kinda pushed against RGL preorders.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
i doubt it will be a large visible improvement but im sure there will be some settings that demolish framerate for very little perceived gain. Volumetric quality probably being the most likely.

The two biggest things would probably be improved SSR in the water and much higher resolution volumetric lighting. Other than that everything else looked ridiculously good on the X anyway.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
The two biggest things would probably be improved SSR in the water and much higher resolution volumetric lighting. Other than that everything else looked ridiculously good on the X anyway.

i'd be surprised if textures (especially environment textures) didn't get a bump as well

the one obvious weakness the game has visually

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
i'd be surprised if textures (especially environment textures) didn't get a bump as well

the one obvious weakness the game has visually

Yeah that too though the game is so big there's bound to still be a few crap ones. Textures are usually much more important on PC too because most people are sitting right up close to their screen compared to from a couch on their console.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah that too though the game is so big there's bound to still be a few crap ones. Textures are usually much more important on PC too because most people are sitting right up close to their screen compared to from a couch on their console.

Probably. But i expect significant improvements only on less noticeable, smaller textures. This has historically always been the case. Im not sure why but i would guess improving the larger textures has disproportionately larger vram penalties and maybe requires too much changes to streaming tech?

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
Red Dead Redemption 2 4K60 PC trailer might arrive on 24th October.
Hooo boah! I was so wrong lol.
Trailer just dropped!
You got it!
They should release it much sooner so that hyped people go for the RGL preorder which is the only one available right now, but also because I desperately want to see the trailer.

EDIT: Beaten

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Oh man, I really hope they will patch this for PS5, I don't want to do the game all over again (170+ hours in SP) and I still need to get the 100%... looks dope.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
it fkn better

150gb with piss poor uk internet speeds? nah bro
300 Mbps upload and download here (and that's because I cheaped out, 600 Mbps is the norm and 1 Gbps is starting to be common here). The Steam version probably won't have preorders and therefore no preloads either. Don't even care because it'll be downloaded in minutes.

This post was made by the Canary Islands gang.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
For those wondering, the Max Payne 3 version on RGL actually fucking works properly. It's not a broken piece of shit like the Steam version.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
For those wondering, the Max Payne 3 version on RGL actually fucking works properly. It's not a broken piece of shit like the Steam version.

While we are giving heads up for Rockstar games, GTA IV on Steam only runs well if you don't launch it through Steam. You need to launch it from it's folder for it to not have performance issues. GTA IV didn't even make it to the RGL so it seems like they won't ever be bothered to fix it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
While we are giving heads up for Rockstar games, GTA IV on Steam only runs well if you don't launch it through Steam. You need to launch it from it's folder for it to not have performance issues. GTA IV didn't even make it to the RGL so it seems like they won't ever be bothered to fix it.
Which is a shame too, I fucking loved GTA IV.

"Cousin! Let's go bowling!"

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on when preload goes live? With a new launcher I fully expect preload to take days due to the servers crashing from the demand.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Game is still not available for purchase in some regions on Rockstar Launcher Store because Rockstar blocked those countris. This is current country list

• ISLE OF MAN
  • CAMBODIA
  • BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
  • AZERBAIJAN
  • COLOMBIA
  • MYANMAR
  • NORTH MACEDONIA
  • SAUDI ARABIA
  • UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
  • ARMENIA
  • BANGLADESH
  • TUNISIA
  • PALESTINE
  • CARIBBEAN
  • ALBANIA
  • MOROCCO
  • MACEDONIA
  • LEBANON

And Rockstar doesn't care. If you ask support they just send you ToS.
Yep and for this simple fact, RGL has won my vote of worst launcher or store in all of PC gaming.